Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Welldone all of you that have gone into process...what a day...excellent news

Come on med requests.

lins
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours has just gone to in process too. wahoo!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations Bibendum! Hope the visa office keeps up the good work and keeps the ball rolling like it seems to be doing now...Enjoy!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:21 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

All this excitement! its so good to see people getting good news.

All we need now is medical requests we will get them soon.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Welldone all of you that have gone into process...what a day...excellent news

Come on med requests.

lins
lins. Do you know if medical request show on ECAS? We have to wait for letters to go to our immigration lawyer in Toronto,he then he sends them to us or emails them, which obviously delays them. I thought if I could see on ECAS that the requests had been sent, I could jump the gun and book the medicals while I am waiting for the paper work to turn up.

Probably months away but keeps my tiny mind occupied thinking of these things.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
lins. Do you know if medical request show on ECAS? We have to wait for letters to go to our immigration lawyer in Toronto,he then he sends them to us or emails them, which obviously delays them. I thought if I could see on ECAS that the requests had been sent, I could jump the gun and book the medicals while I am waiting for the paper work to turn up.

Probably months away but keeps my tiny mind occupied thinking of these things.
na, it wont change until decision made...is we get decision made before we get med reqs then we have been rejected. Would be handy to have the med req stage noted on ecas though.

Well done bilbendum on going into process!!! wahooooooo
Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

gooodman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi all

I just wanted to share my joy of finally being in process dated 23.08.10 but updated today 31.08.10! Does this mean I have passed the points test or are they only just assessing it?

Melsa
great news!!! In process finally... "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 18, 2010"

however not so sure what 'reviewed' and 'In Process' actually mean.

Does this mean all checks are now complete and passed? Do they also contact the current employer as part of the checks? If they contact the current employer then am concerned what they might tell them as this might raise the alarm for staff turnover...

could someone please put some light on this?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gooodman
great news!!! In process finally... "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 18, 2010"

however not so sure what 'reviewed' and 'In Process' actually mean.

Does this mean all checks are now complete and passed? Do they also contact the current employer as part of the checks? If they contact the current employer then am concerned what they might tell them as this might raise the alarm for staff turnover...

could someone please put some light on this?
Hey Goodman,
Reviewed means that an officer has been assigned to go over your case, they have done a cursory inspection and everything seems to be in order - i.e. you have all the right forms, you appear to have all the right supporting docs etc. In Process means that your application will now be looked at in depth, all of your details will be double checked, your supporting evidence will be gone through and all your references will be checked too. You have no way of knowing if or when they will contact your current employer, but the chances are it will be soon. AmyDavid has suggested that the approximate timeline from In Process to Medical Requests is 6 weeks - therefore you can assume that your references will all be checked within this period, before they issue your Med Requests.

Hope this helps - at the end of the day this whole process seems different for each one of us. We all need to keep

LL x
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Mickey690 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so today I recieved our medical request

We also recieved a Declaration form to be filled out by my step sons biological father. We havn't heard from him for over 7 years and have no idea where he is. As he doesn't have parental responsibility or access we didn't think it would be an issue but it seems it might be.

According to this website http://www.trinitychambers.co.uk/han...ut-22-3-06.doc.

Strictly speaking, a mother with sole parental responsibility for a child need not seek the consent of the father to move abroad with the child. Unless the father has a pending application for an order pursuant to Children Act 1989 before the court. Or the father is having regular contact with the child.

Niether of these apply so it seems we dont have to do this. I'm going to email a case specific enquiry quoting this and see what they say.

Timeline
FSW1 to CIO SY 10/11/09 Under NOC 0711 Project Manager, arrived 20/11/09, 120 day email 20/01/10, Full application hand delivered to CIO LN 05/05/10, AOR Recieved 10/05/10, In Process 13/08/10. Medical request recieved 10/09/10
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:46 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Well, blow me down with a feather. Popped home at lunchtime and we've got our medical requests.

Now the dog thinks I'm mad, because I picked him up and hugged him so hard, before running round the house like a thing possessed.

Now I'm going to calm down and lower my heart rate. Where did I put my gym membership card? Can't do any halm, can it?!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
Well, blow me down with a feather. Popped home at lunchtime and we've got our medical requests.

Now the dog thinks I'm mad, because I picked him up and hugged him so hard, before running round the house like a thing possessed.

Now I'm going to calm down and lower my heart rate. Where did I put my gym membership card? Can't do any halm, can it?!
AWESOME! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you, hopefully I'll get the same news in another 6 months
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Wow Funky Florist! It seems as if the visa office got moving! Yeah!

I hope you find your gym card! Don't bother to lower your heart rate, it burns off those extra calories... Hope you get an appointment soon!

Mickey690, I hope we will go into process soon, as I see you have submitted to the London Office only on 5/5/2010. It seems as you have sprinted through the process...good for you! I hope all goes well with the biological father issue!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

great news FF!
They are really motoring now....please please, me next, me next!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:51 pm

Brilliant news
Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:27 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone. And I hope all those waiting get their medical requests soon. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.