Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

gooodman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Any new medical requests...? how long can it take after going to 'in process'?...I mean in the worst case...?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

We have had nothing yet and it has been 4 weeks since going in process. AmyDavid suggested a 6 week wait, which would put us at receiving meds before the end of Sept.

Worst case scenario? Months and months. You only have to look at some peoples timelines to realise how hit and miss this process appears to be. The worst I have seen is 13 months on a FSW category. Some that applied around summer last year have been kept waiting several months in between process and meds. Some people who had their AORs in Jan and In Process before end of March are only just getting med requests now.

When we applied we were told the whole process start to visa would take less than 8 months! That certainly isn't happening for many folks.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

gooodman is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any way to see statistics on how many applications received by the London office and how many actually emigrate from the UK every year on FSW category? Does the london office or any other agency issue such details somewhere?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Not that I am aware of. I should imagine that only a small percentage of applications received actually get into Canada, and now they have introduced the FSW cap only 1000 people from each NOC code will get in each year. Once the cap is exceeded, no matter how good an applicant you are, you will be rejected and will have to reapply the following year. I am so glad we applied before all the changes!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent our package to London on 28 April. Got AOR a few weeks later, but our status still just says 'received' Feel like we may have been forgotten
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Well after commenting about it last night, we got our Med Requests this morning! I am shaking and crying (blame the pregnancy hormones!).

Right, need to book them asap. Thankfully after just having had full blood work ups due to pregnancy (including all the things they look for in emigration requests) and all coming back with good news, I know I don't need to worry about that side of it.

Lins, you must get yours soon (if not already) -

LL x
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Well after commenting about it last night, we got our Med Requests this morning! I am shaking and crying (blame the pregnancy hormones!).

Right, need to book them asap. Thankfully after just having had full blood work ups due to pregnancy (including all the things they look for in emigration requests) and all coming back with good news, I know I don't need to worry about that side of it.

LL x
Awesome! Congratulations, that's fantastic!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:38 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

LL x
That's great news. Hope they all go swimmingly well!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

LL x
got ours toooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:26 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
H U R R A H !!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Flippin' heck! Progress!

Awesome!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yay! I am sooooo excited! I am doing a happy dance right now...
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you both. That is such great news
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Fantastic news Lady Locket and Lins! What a day! At least you can relax and enjoy the weekend. So happy for you.

Progress is finally being made...
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

julietaba is on a distinguished road

Woo Hoo, so happy for you guys!! I can only imagine how you must be feeling Good luck with medicals xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.