Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 31st 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Just wanted to say thankyou to you all for your good wishes

You have all given such support to me over the months and your positivity, understanding and patience has been very much appreciated.

Lets hope there are no surprises that CIC will come up with between now and PPR

Need a drink...worked out I have 6 weight watchers points left tonight so thats 3 x bacardi and cokes in real money....happy days

I wish you all a speedy journey through all this...it s really hard even when the process is 'straightforward', when its complicated its all the worse. Perhaps all this pain and frustration is preparation for the early months/years in Canada.
Fantastic news Lindseyso pleased for you. Must be a wonderful feeling after all the uncertainties.

I've only just spotted this as in Canada at the moment. Had interview, got the job, now waiting for LMO to be sorted out. So very productive and busy trip Hopefully med requests and ppr won't be too much longer for us!
Old May 31st 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Lins

Are there any other Mar & Apr 2010 AOR's still waiting?
Oh yes, not even in process yet.......
Old May 31st 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
Fantastic news Lindseyso pleased for you. Must be a wonderful feeling after all the uncertainties.

I've only just spotted this as in Canada at the moment. Had interview, got the job, now waiting for LMO to be sorted out. So very productive and busy trip Hopefully med requests and ppr won't be too much longer for us!

great news...where are you going to settle in canada?

lns
Old May 31st 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Liesl Maple Leaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Linsy,

That's fantastic news, really pleased for you

Liesl
Old May 31st 2011, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy

great news...where are you going to settle in canada?

lns
Hi Linsy,

We are hoping to settle in Fall River, NS. Unfortunately have just found out I need a medical for a TWP in childcare so can't apply at POE, so prob won't be here in time for kids to start school in September

But at least I'll have had my medical done and know whether I have passed before we get med requests and one of us will have a job when we first get to Canada.

As someone else on BE has already said, if this process was easy everyone would be doing it

Have to become more Canadian and laid back, roll with it, chill out and go with the flow Must say this week here has been educational, people seem to be so laid back about stuff, from job offers to looking around schools. And when I asked for a 6 inch cheese on Italian bread in Subway they looked at me like I was mad. Seems over here cheese is what goes on whatever your having not what you have as the filling

Anyway I refuse to be down about this little setback, I'm off out to dinner and I'm going to raise a glass to you and your good news,(any excuse will do) Seriously congrats again, it's great to see people progress in this process, gives us all hope.
Old May 31st 2011, 9:57 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

great news linsy..
Old May 31st 2011, 11:21 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Oh yes, not even in process yet.......
Oh no! good luck with the case specific email, lets hope it gets things moving.
Old May 31st 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Have a look at the letter on the were are the 2007 guys up to thread, it makes depressing reading.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Malco will become famous soon enoughMalco will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Lins

I have just looked back, you started this thread on 22nd April 2010. Some how it seems longer than that. What a journey we have all been on eh.

Are there any other Mar & Apr 2010 AOR's still waiting?
Yes, we are still waiting. Went into Processing last August and still no med requests yet. Applied under NOC 3152 and have just sent updated passport details in the vain hope that it might just jog them along. Still hoping and fingers and everything crossed though. It's mighty unsettling not knowing what's happening.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:19 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at the letter on the were are the 2007 guys up to thread, it makes depressing reading.
That is very depressing for those guy's. I think I would give up if I were them.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:52 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Malco
Yes, we are still waiting. Went into Processing last August and still no med requests yet. Applied under NOC 3152 and have just sent updated passport details in the vain hope that it might just jog them along. Still hoping and fingers and everything crossed though. It's mighty unsettling not knowing what's happening.
Hi Malco,

Your case makes absolutely no sense at all. You should be through by now given your NOC is on the new list of 29 and therefore still a priority. I would seriously be getting on CIC's case to find out whats happening. Send an email and fax them as well. Best of luck!

Rgds, Mac2
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Malco will become famous soon enoughMalco will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mac2
Hi Malco,

Your case makes absolutely no sense at all. You should be through by now given your NOC is on the new list of 29 and therefore still a priority. I would seriously be getting on CIC's case to find out whats happening. Send an email and fax them as well. Best of luck!

Rgds, Mac2
Hi, yes we are very confused by it all. We did send a case specific e-mail at the beginning of the year and received a reply then saying they would be in contact as soon as there was any update. According to the CIC web site the cap of 1000 applicants for NOC 3152 has been reached and although it wasn't supposed to apply to applications received before June of last year we wonder if behind the scene they are applying it retrospectively in any case. We have sent another case specific e-mail a couple of weeks ago and have not yet received any reply.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mac2
Hi Malco,

Rgds, Mac2
My NOC is also on the new list of 29 but not even in process yet? As I understand it only those who applied after June 2010 are being given priority? I hear some peeps are getting letters stating that CIC have enough FSW apps in process for at least the next 2 years and anybody who has not been for a medical should not expect to be sent for one this year or even next.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:14 pm
Permanent Residents

My NOC is also on the new list of 29 but not even in process yet? As I understand it only those who applied after June 2010 are being given priority? I hear some peeps are getting letters stating that CIC have enough FSW apps in process for at least the next 2 years and anybody who has not been for a medical should not expect to be sent for one this year or even next.
Hi,

I disagree with you on this one and subscribe to Waggle's post from a few weeks ago with respect to the email from CIC. I have copied it here for reference.

CHC London has a target of 17,500 FSW visas to issue in 2011 - and has an estimated 2000 post-June-2010 applications.

This leaves over 15,000 FSW visas to issue for pre-June-2010 applicants - so at least some of you will be getting visas this year! I think they are painting a worse case scenario so as not to string applicants along - and they are at least offering some kind of timescales now, even if they are vague, so applicants can be begin to plan around them.

Although no idea how the cage will be rattled after 1st July 2011, since some post-June-2010 applicants could be added onto the "backburner" if their NOC drops off the list!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:17 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by Malco
Hi, yes we are very confused by it all. We did send a case specific e-mail at the beginning of the year and received a reply then saying they would be in contact as soon as there was any update. According to the CIC web site the cap of 1000 applicants for NOC 3152 has been reached and although it wasn't supposed to apply to applications received before June of last year we wonder if behind the scene they are applying it retrospectively in any case. We have sent another case specific e-mail a couple of weeks ago and have not yet received any reply.
Now that would be madness! But with no definitive info from CIC who knows. I hope you are wrong and progress soon. Our NOC was not carried over to the 29 so we can only go on the average processing time of 16 months and see what happens. as frustrating as that is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.