Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Malco
Thanks Lins, that's really helpful . We're still looking at a few shippers and we also have our big Newfoundland dog to fly over so we're trying to work out the budget for all of the move and it varies so much we are struggling to get to a realistic figure. Not long for you now then it must feel really good.
We have gone with PBS pet shippers as they were the most helpful and the cheapest, worth getting a few quotes and comparing them for both shippers and pet transport people.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Hiya......ya beeeeeeeeeeeezer!
So pleased for you. Tiger quimpo says well done too. Jeez you have had such a dreadful wait.
We have short term rental sorted for 17 days. Got that through Vrbo.com.
Will wait till we get there and sort out something more long term. I finish work on Thursday so that's when the real fun begins. Schools almost sorted but we need to wait until the end of august until we can contact the school and confirm.
Linsy, you got your PPR!!! Wow, I am so pleased for you, girl!!!! Bet you´re dead

excited, I know I´d be. Congratz!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Linsy, you got your PPR!!! Wow, I am so pleased for you, girl!!!! Bet you´re dead

excited, I know I´d be. Congratz!!
Oh...erm...maybe I read your timeline wrong....sorry if that´s the case, hope I haven´t jinxed it for you know! Doh, me....
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Oh...erm...maybe I read your timeline wrong....sorry if that´s the case, hope I haven´t jinxed it for you know! Doh, me....
No...no...you are right!

Got PPR a wee while ago and have visas now. Moving in 5 weeks...eeeek
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations !!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic news Melsa , we've got our medicals booked for Tuesday next week so hopefully not much longer to wait now.

Hi Malco how did the medicals go today? All ok I hope?

Melsa
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:33 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

No...no...you are right!

Got PPR a wee while ago and have visas now. Moving in 5 weeks...eeeek
Hi Linsy,

Congrats from us too

James n Gina
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Malco will become famous soon enoughMalco will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi Malco how did the medicals go today? All ok I hope?

Melsa
Hi Melsa,

The medicals were ok but we did have a few little hitches so it was a good job my wife was on the ball and spotted them. The doctor's assistant attached my son's photograph to my documentation so there was a slight discrepancy in age (nothing too obvious only 45 years to be exact!!) so that needed to be rectified. Because I have high blood pressure the doctor requested an extra blood test which she then forgot to add to the CIC documents. When we went to the nurse for the blood test we discovered that the doctor had also made an error on my date of birth by 10 years. Then the nurse taking the blood forgot to take blood for the additional test so I had to point this out to her and be 'stabbed' twice. Apart from that it all went well So when you take your medicals I would recommend double checking all of the documentation and everything the doctor/nurse/admin staff do. Now it's just the wait for either PPR or request for more medical info. How's the nerves for you? Guess I've just made it worse....sorry.

Last edited by Malco; Aug 10th 2011 at 2:37 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

We have gone with PBS pet shippers as they were the most helpful and the cheapest, worth getting a few quotes and comparing them for both shippers and pet transport people.
Thanks for the info and suggestions Lins.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:04 pm
Cochrane AB

sandsfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Evening everyone! Just wanted to share with you all that we received our shiny canadian visas in our passports today!!! Finally after all the waiting our new life in canada doesn't seem that far away! So happy! For all of those waiting keep going it's so worth all the stress!!! Good luck Everyone off to celebrate and read all the papers!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sandsfamily
Good Evening everyone! Just wanted to share with you all that we received our shiny canadian visas in our passports today!!! Finally after all the waiting our new life in canada doesn't seem that far away! So happy! For all of those waiting keep going it's so worth all the stress!!! Good luck Everyone off to celebrate and read all the papers!
Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement. When are you planning to land?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

portally is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally got my medical requests after nearly a year!! looks like its moving again!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Congrats
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by portally
I finally got my medical requests after nearly a year!! looks like its moving again!
Splendid news, congratulations.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Melsa,

The medicals were ok but we did have a few little hitches so it was a good job my wife was on the ball and spotted them. The doctor's assistant attached my son's photograph to my documentation so there was a slight discrepancy in age (nothing too obvious only 45 years to be exact!!) so that needed to be rectified. Because I have high blood pressure the doctor requested an extra blood test which she then forgot to add to the CIC documents. When we went to the nurse for the blood test we discovered that the doctor had also made an error on my date of birth by 10 years. Then the nurse taking the blood forgot to take blood for the additional test so I had to point this out to her and be 'stabbed' twice. Apart from that it all went well So when you take your medicals I would recommend double checking all of the documentation and everything the doctor/nurse/admin staff do. Now it's just the wait for either PPR or request for more medical info. How's the nerves for you? Guess I've just made it worse....sorry.

Hi Malco
Wow, I can't believe they made so many mistakes when they should be so experienced and accurate. And for the top dollar it costs too. thanks for telling me as I will be checking they do everything right with ours. I'm sure you'll soon get passport requests so good luck getting all your plans sorted.

Melsa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.