Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:42 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Any updates anybody?

We are still patiently waiting
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Any updates anybody?

We are still patiently waiting
Well, update of sorts. We had to send further info on our son with Aspergers in December and I sent an email on Tuesday night to check they had recieved it and within 12 hours got the following response.....

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be advised that our Medical Section has confirmed that the medical examination results for your son were received on 10 January 2011. They are currently with a doctor for review. Please note that we will be in contact with further information once the review has taken place.

Yours sincerely,

JMR
Program Assistant
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

More waiting......lets hope they realise how much my son will bring to Canada as much as we do!
I would honestly be gobsmacked if we got an excessive demand letter after the very positive report on him.but going by some of the experiences some of the BE guys have had, anything is possible!

Good luck guys
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Lins
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Mickey690 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Lins

Our timelines couldn't be any closer if we tried

Just wondering whenever I see people post what London have replied with they always have extra info at the bottom like position and the address. I've never had this at the bottom of any replies I've received it's only ever their initials

Perhaps it's my email cutting it off for some reason.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:20 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Fingers crossed for you Lins. And for rubberduckofdeath, Miss Clinique, Mickey690 and everyone else waiting ....
Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

We still haven't heard anything either
We are going on a recce trip on 9th Feb. When we booked it, we thought we would have heard by the time we went and were hoping to use it as our 'Landing'.
Hopefully we will have some positive news soon. It would be awful to find somewhere on our trip that we would like to settle and then come back and find we have been rejected.
that everyone waiting hears something soon.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Well, update of sorts. We had to send further info on our son with Aspergers in December and I sent an email on Tuesday night to check they had recieved it and within 12 hours got the following response.....

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be advised that our Medical Section has confirmed that the medical examination results for your son were received on 10 January 2011. They are currently with a doctor for review. Please note that we will be in contact with further information once the review has taken place.

Yours sincerely,

JMR
Program Assistant
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

More waiting......lets hope they realise how much my son will bring to Canada as much as we do!
I would honestly be gobsmacked if we got an excessive demand letter after the very positive report on him.but going by some of the experiences some of the BE guys have had, anything is possible!

Good luck guys
Fingers croosed Lins I am sure you will be fine.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mickey690
Great news Lins

Our timelines couldn't be any closer if we tried

Just wondering whenever I see people post what London have replied with they always have extra info at the bottom like position and the address. I've never had this at the bottom of any replies I've received it's only ever their initials

Perhaps it's my email cutting it off for some reason.
There are a few of us with very similar time lines. I wonder who will get the email first!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates-iceman02hc8.jpg

Seems the waiting has finally got the better of my OH
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:45 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Attachment 98597

Seems the waiting has finally got the better of my OH
Well at least you've still got your sense of humour! Keep on, keeping on.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Hello all!

Well after a long wait we finally got our passport requests this morning.

We are now living in Nova Scotia, and I am 8 months pregnant, so life has been interesting! We will have to post back our passports to get our visas, but thankfully we have found that we can 'Land' at the CIC offices in downtown Halifax so I don't have to worry about getting on a plane to leave and re-enter the country.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

LL x
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:46 pm
Adapting slowly...

That's wonderful news. Congratulations! And good luck with everything else!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:05 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Hello all!

We are now living in Nova Scotia, and I am 8 months pregnant, so life has been interesting! We will have to post back our passports to get our visas, but thankfully we have found that we can 'Land' at the CIC offices in downtown Halifax so I don't have to worry about getting on a plane to leave and re-enter the country.

LL x
Congrats..
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Hello all!

LL x
Congratulations on your PPR
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news. Congratulations. Good luck with everything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.