Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi everyone, i've still not had my medical requests yet which is disappointing, so I'm trying to just get on with life and hope they come soon after christmas if not before. I too noticed this thread had become quiet so things must be slow at the visa office.

I noticed Stokesy has finally got his med requests so congratulations to him! You must be so relieved. Do you have a large family by any chance - brothers, sisters etc? Between myself and my partner we have 9 brothers and sisters; and 4 parents so I'm assuming my med requests are taking so long because of all the background checks that need to be done on our family!?

I will keep my fingers crossed for us all to get PR next year - i'm hoping I will have mine by May or am I being to optimistic?

Cheerio
Originally Posted by stokesey
Thanks...

No I don't have a lot of brothers / sisters, but then to be honest I don't think they perform background checks on them anyway.

Our case couldn't have been more simple, born and bred UK (to native english parents), lived and worked here all our lives, brother living in Calgary employed by the Police, only 1 employer since leaving school, substantial funds available etc. And yet our's took months and months, there really seems to be no logic in how CIC work the cases?

I think May should be possible for you, all being well with our meds I'd hope to have our PR by February?

Good luck.
Good luck to both of you. Just seems so random just now.

lns
Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stokesey
Thanks...

No I don't have a lot of brothers / sisters, but then to be honest I don't think they perform background checks on them anyway.

Our case couldn't have been more simple, born and bred UK (to native english parents), lived and worked here all our lives, brother living in Calgary employed by the Police, only 1 employer since leaving school, substantial funds available etc. And yet our's took months and months, there really seems to be no logic in how CIC work the cases?

I think May should be possible for you, all being well with our meds I'd hope to have our PR by February?

Good luck.
Wow I'm so surprised that such a straight case like yours is not being processed more quickly! You're dead right about there being no logic in how CIC work. Fingers crossed your application will move swiftly along now you've had the med requests

Melsa
Old Nov 18th 2010, 4:05 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone had any news from CIC this week?

Or are they all sleeping
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

portally is an unknown quantity at this point

it seems very quite - I have been in progress for two months now. I actually went on a purification binge to get myself ready for the impending medicals. Anyway I went to the Czech republic last week and completely fell off the wagon. Sods law is that I will get the requests very soon just when my body is brimming with all types of toxins.. its not easy.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by portally
it seems very quite - I have been in progress for two months now. I actually went on a purification binge to get myself ready for the impending medicals. Anyway I went to the Czech republic last week and completely fell off the wagon. Sods law is that I will get the requests very soon just when my body is brimming with all types of toxins.. its not easy.
Going through this process make's me fall off the wagon every night Cheers
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique

Or are they all sleeping
Well you know what they say - no news is good news!! Keeping this thought in my head and going to drink plenty of this tonight!

Melsa
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique

Or are they all sleeping
Hi everyone

I've still no news from CIC. How about you lot? Our thread is so quiet it's moving further down the page list!! Just can't help wondering what will happen in 2011. I'm keeping everything crossed for us all.

Melsa
Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone

No news on our side either! We have been in the "Received by Visa Office" box for 8 months now. Have NOT gone into process yet! When, when oh when...?

Has anyone else waited EIGHT months to go into process that you know of?

With Christmas on our doorsteps, I am hoping to see some progress early 2011

Good luck to you all!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

portally is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to me that the online updates are very random, I would not read into it too much. Possibly you could send them a case specific email, I am thinking of doing that myself if I hear nothing by Christmas. Its not easy - I was hoping to be in Alberta snowboarding this winter. It also looks like they are having a record amount of snow this season too....
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:41 pm
Cochrane AB

sandsfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we got so fed up of waiting that I sent an email off to the London visa office as we are approaching the 8 month deadline (they do tell you to contact them if you haven't heard from them within that time). We got a really polite email saying that they had received the documents and they were waiting allocation to an immigration officer. ECAS shows "in progress" 1/9/10 so who knows!! I would email them instead of waiting & worrying, they were really quick to respond! Hope this helps!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Tiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enoughTiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enough

Meds done 8th Oct.

Today - Letter requesting additional Info/Medical for son with Aspergers.

At least it's a sign of movement. Expected this, even though we provided shed loads of info. This will add at least 3 months, but hey ho.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger_Quimpo
Meds done 8th Oct.

Today - Letter requesting additional Info/Medical for son with Aspergers.

At least it's a sign of movement. Expected this, even though we provided shed loads of info. This will add at least 3 months, but hey ho.
Tiger, my OH, bet me to it. Yes, we got a letter asking for more info on our wee man. At least it wasn't straight to excessive demand I suppose, or maybe thats the standard procedure for such cases???
Anyway, doesnt look like I'm getting one for my dodgy hips, which would be OK in any case as one was operated on last weekend and once recovered from that, the next one will be booked in, so plan in place for that.
lns
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:58 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Tiger, my OH, bet me to it. Yes, we got a letter asking for more info on our wee man. At least it wasn't straight to excessive demand I suppose, or maybe thats the standard procedure for such cases???
Anyway, doesnt look like I'm getting one for my dodgy hips, which would be OK in any case as one was operated on last weekend and once recovered from that, the next one will be booked in, so plan in place for that.
lns
Good luck with your recovery Linsy Pinsy. Hope you'll be able to run like a gazelle to the door when the postman drops off those passport requests!!!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

lns
Hope you're recovering well Linsy from your op. Take care and good luck with your son's medical results. I'm sure you won't have any problems. Here's hoping we will all be in Canada in 2011

Melsa
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:25 pm

lns
Good to hear you Op went well, good luck for the other one and speedy recovery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.