Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

michellemck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by digg
I still haven't moved into process. Look at my timelines below.
Yeah, I see! Frustrating eh? I wonder why it seems so random!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michellemck
Yeah, I see! Frustrating eh? I wonder why it seems so random!
Actually my situation has changed. I now want them to take longer as I have just got a job in the US (not started yet) and want to fall back on the Canada option in case it's not what I want. I wonder if I can land in Canada even though I have a US working visa and still a job there. I heard to keep the Canadian PR, you need to be 2 of 5 years in the country however I wonder if they let you land even if you are still working somewhere else.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Actually my situation has changed. I now want them to take longer as I have just got a job in the US (not started yet) and want to fall back on the Canada option in case it's not what I want. I wonder if I can land in Canada even though I have a US working visa and still a job there. I heard to keep the Canadian PR, you need to be 2 of 5 years in the country however I wonder if they let you land even if you are still working somewhere else.
I have no idea, one for someone else on here! Sure someone will have an answer for you. Good luck though!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:05 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

.... however I wonder if they let you land even if you are still working somewhere else.
digg

Think about it. In general we are all working somewhere else, no matter if you are a citizen of a country and have the right to live and work there or you are working elsewhere with a work Visa. I can't see any reason why they would not let you 'land' and activate your PR.
Renewing your PR after five years is a different matter.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:44 am
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by james.mc
I can't see any reason why they would not let you 'land' and activate your PR. Renewing your PR after five years is a different matter.
Thanks. I guess I wasn't sure that I could activate my PR while living/working in another country with no end date in sight. I am currently working abroad now, but in an EU country (so no visa required of course). Working in the US would kinda be obvious with the big visa sticker in my passport. Thanks for the heads up though. If I get a Canadian PR, I'll explicitly ask them too.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:01 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

The end date (as you put it) is up to you. They'll allow you to land, but after you activate your PR Visa if your work keeps you overseas for more than three years (out of five) your PR will not be renewable when the time comes.

Once you land, it would give you a three year window in which to decide whether you are going to remain as a permanent resident of Canada or not. After three years it'll no longer be an option.
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:43 am
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

I've been looking at this thread for a while now and thought it was about time I registered and posted something! I'm in the same situation as a number of people here, still on "Received_by Visa Office" and no response to my 8 month emails.
I may send a letter, all I really want them to confirm is that they're not waiting for further information from me and that nothing has been lost in post/email.

Very frustrating

P.S
Thanks to everyone that's been posting on here, it's been good to know we're not alone in waiting and waiting and waiting

120 day e-mail: 17-Mar-2010 | Full docs rec'd by CHC London: 01-Feb-10 | AOR letter dated: 09-Jul-10 | eCAS status: 'Received by Visa Office'

Last edited by jss42; May 2nd 2011 at 10:44 am. Reason: Timeline added
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jss42
I've been looking at this thread for a while now and thought it was about time I registered and posted something! I'm in the same situation as a number of people here, still on "Received_by Visa Office" and no response to my 8 month emails.
I may send a letter, all I really want them to confirm is that they're not waiting for further information from me and that nothing has been lost in post/email.

Very frustrating

P.S
Thanks to everyone that's been posting on here, it's been good to know we're not alone in waiting and waiting and waiting

120 day e-mail: 17-Mar-2010 | Full docs rec'd by CHC London: 01-Feb-10 | AOR letter dated: 09-Jul-10 | eCAS status: 'Received by Visa Office'
Welcome to the club! Ibet it´s frustrating that you haven´t even had a reply to your case specific email...let´s hope their reply is just somewhat delayed. I guess I´d leave it a week longer, then contact them again. But then I am known for my impatience...
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

It's a pain - i've sent two - no response to either.

I'd like to go down there and rant and rave!!!
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh me too am frustrated ive also sent to emails and no replies im still stuck on received by visa office.....
Old May 10th 2011, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone had an update in the last 3 weeks? Still no update for us

Last edited by jss42; May 10th 2011 at 1:39 pm. Reason: Added time line
Old May 10th 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Heard nada - sent three case specific emails, but no response.

Looks like the 13 months to process a PR is liable to be stretched.
Old May 10th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing for me either... I'm in Toronto on vacation at the moment & it gets even harder to know I have to leave again in 4 weeks because I don't have a VISA yet!!!

COME ON LONDON !!!
Old May 10th 2011, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Nothing for me either... I'm in Toronto on vacation at the moment & it gets even harder to know I have to leave again in 4 weeks because I don't have a VISA yet!!!

COME ON LONDON !!!
I'm working in Boston in 2 weeks, then will be enjoying Patio season in Toronto from 30/05 - 05/06... I'll have the same damn feeling! FOL (frown out loud)!
Old May 10th 2011, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Heard nowt! Not moved from 'received at visa office', no response to 8 month email either!

Why do they tell you to contact them after 8 months if
a) they don't intend on getting back to you, and
b) they aren't working on an 8 month timeline of moving into process.

Very frustrated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.