Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by witchileiz
..Yes thanks! But we don't necessarily want this money to be eaten up immediately whilst we panic at not having any money coming in! I wouldn't want both myself and OH to be without an income here, never mind moving to a new country.

Without a child, I would probably move over immediately, and have done just that in the past... but would much rather make the move with one income sorted.... Just our preference, I suppose.
A wise decision imo. I take it you've seen this thread in which people gave their moving/setting up costs? The amount suggested as a minimum by CIC didn't even come close! http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735341

Best of luck finding something.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

When we moved over we spent $2k in one trip to Canadian Superstore! that was for simple things like food, cleaning, towels etc... It was cheaper then shipping our "stuff" but CIC's numbers for funds are laughable, about a months rent at BC prices!
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Bobcat14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Well, it's happened after over 3.5 years .... Med requests!
Our history line: FSW application April 2010; AOR Dec 2010; nothing for months; early 2013 request for updated forms; Dec 2013 Med and updated Police certificate requests.
Us: me, wife, son (20) & daughter (18). I'm an information security consultant and my wife a Chartered Accountant.
Help! I wasn't expecting any CIC contact for another several months. So a total surprise and now Meds! (done). At this time my main questions revolve around time-lines:
1) after I've handed across the updated Police certs, assuming we pass muster, what happens next? how long before I have to hand over our passports?
2) how long between return of passports and having to land in Vancouver?
3) how long from first landing to having to start residing in Canada?
4) could I land on my own?
Many thanks in advance for any info/advice.
Bobcat
Old Jan 17th 2014, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bobcat14
Hi Everyone,
Our history line: FSW application April 2010; AOR Dec 2010; nothing for months; early 2013 request for updated forms; Dec 2013 Med and updated Police certificate requests.
Us: me, wife, son (20) & daughter (18). I'm an information security consultant and my wife a Chartered Accountant.
Help! I wasn't expecting any CIC contact for another several months. So a total surprise and now Meds! (done). At this time my main questions revolve around time-lines:
1) after I've handed across the updated Police certs, assuming we pass muster, what happens next? how long before I have to hand over our passports?
Bobcat
congratulations Bob
hope everything goes ok with rest of the process
answer to your first question, knowing CIC, I'd say you never know maybe 2 or 3 weeks or maybe much longer.
2) when you recieve your COPRs (VISA) I think from the date of your meds you have 1 year to land.
3)what do you mean residing?
4)yes You could land on your own if your the main applicant.

all the best
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

We just got our passport requests!!!!!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!! SO happy!! Just over a month after having had our meds
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kitslane
We just got our passport requests!!!!!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!! SO happy!! Just over a month after having had our meds
Brilliant news - well done!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Finally!

Congrats!!

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Great news well done
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Hi Everyone,
Congratulations to both of you - feels great, huh?! Enjoy celebrating!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 11:20 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations both!

Hi Everyone,
Bobcat
Originally Posted by Asabani
congratulations Bob
hope everything goes ok with rest of the process
answer to your first question, knowing CIC, I'd say you never know maybe 2 or 3 weeks or maybe much longer.
2) when you recieve your COPRs (VISA) I think from the date of your meds you have 1 year to land.
3)what do you mean residing?
4)yes You could land on your own if your the main applicant.

all the best
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Am feeling sick, DHL don't know if our additional paperwork has been delivered and can't find the package. We were close to the 66 days given, anyone know if CHC will be sympathetic? DHL have asked that we e-mail CHC to see if they've received it, could someone remind me of the e-mail address please? Can't believe 4 years waiting is all a waste of time. Just feel like crying.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Thanks guys! Overjoyed! Does feel pretty surreal after all these years...probably wont feel real until we have the PR in our passports! Good luck to everyone else still waiting, fingers crossed it wont take too much longer for you
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Great news Kitslane
Old Jan 25th 2014, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by graham and george

Great news Kitslane
Thanks Graham & George!! Sent off all PPR docs today, the final countdown is on!
Old Jan 27th 2014, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Wow! Such great news for you guys! We went over on the IEC in 2012 in the hope all our processing would be done while we were out there but alas! So pleased you don't have to worry about it any more. We did our meds just before you so hoping ours is not too far down the list!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.