Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:06 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Kitslane
Hi Jools,

Looks like you sent your full docs to London a month after I did...I had my med request last month so hopefully you'll get yours soon!
We were told in Sep 13 that they are doing 'lenghty background checks' on our file and it will take quite sometime yet. Almost 4 months now so lets see
Old Jan 10th 2014, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dr_naz
Ooohoooo Finally they asked for our passports and no more further tests for my medical history required as well but that was unexpectedly very quick

Now they have given us 60 days to submit our passports which are with UKBA for HSMP extension (but due to refusal and an appeal are stuck there)Our court hearing with UKBA is on 5th feb and our solicitor said we ll get passports back till end of feb........
So can we request Cic for another 30 days and make it 60 altogether coz we got no option left ....If we withdraw case with UKBA then we wont get visa of UK and after such a long wait we cant withdraw really....

Will request of extra days affect my case with CIC?

suggestions plz........
best thing is to send them an email to CIC. soon as and ask for the extra days
Old Jan 10th 2014, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Good luck to you all - I am going to make a wild guess and say that med reqs for all this month, and hopefully AOR Feb/March. Good luck to you guys...I truly know how it feels!

We are now trying to find suitable work, which is not so easy around the Xmas hols. Hopefully something (anything close-ish really) will come up for either me or the OH and then we will be packing! I would wiz over right now, but with a family and not too much in the way of $$, it is so much easier to start off with at least one job secured.

Anyway, HNY and best of luck.
Well, I can' t wait any more so already booked tickets in March for myself and OH and kids in May, Hopefully I will find something to do over there soon enough, not bother what just something to start with and then look for a proper job.
spent too much time waiting here. anxious as well as excited.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

still twiddling our thumbs over here. We did out meds on the 26th Nov. A couple of weeks ago our Ecas changed to 'medicals recieved' but no news our end. With everything moving so quickly pre-xmas I am getting pretty bad at waiting now!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
still twiddling our thumbs over here. We did out meds on the 26th Nov. A couple of weeks ago our Ecas changed to 'medicals recieved' but no news our end. With everything moving so quickly pre-xmas I am getting pretty bad at waiting now!
Same here! We're a couple weeks behind you with our meds. I assume e-cas changes to 'decision made' after they've received copies of passports and are ready to issue the COPR? Hope we get passport request soon!!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kitslane
Same here! We're a couple weeks behind you with our meds. I assume e-cas changes to 'decision made' after they've received copies of passports and are ready to issue the COPR? Hope we get passport request soon!!
Or you may not see any change on ECAS but just receive your COPR.

If you are from a visa exempt country and you supplied a copy of your passport when you applied, you may not even get a passport request.

ECAS is notorious for not always having updated information. Mine still said 'in progress' after I landed!

Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all - I am going to make a wild guess and say that med reqs for all this month, and hopefully AOR Feb/March. Good luck to you guys...I truly know how it feels!

We are now trying to find suitable work, which is not so easy around the Xmas hols. Hopefully something (anything close-ish really) will come up for either me or the OH and then we will be packing! I would wiz over right now, but with a family and not too much in the way of $$, it is so much easier to start off with at least one job secured.

Anyway, HNY and best of luck.
Do you have sufficient funds to be able to meet the requirements when you 'land' ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp / http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ed/arrival.asp
Old Jan 14th 2014, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Just received, via email, a request for updated Police Certificates.

We're getting there aren't we? Slowly, but we're getting there :-)

Jools
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:31 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jpod
Just received, via email, a request for updated Police Certificates.

We're getting there aren't we? Slowly, but we're getting there :-)

Jools
Definitely Progress

However don't mean to put you down .. but if you look at our timeline they have requested all sort of similar stuff from us (a few times) in the past 18 months or so .. and every time when we followed up after sending in the requested items - their reply was 'lengthy background checks' are in process for our file and will take several months - its been 15 months since they first told us that

Let me clarify from the outset that we are no terrorists (of Asian origin but now have British nationality, both OH and I are in full time employment with MNC's in London since last 6 years, have two PG qualifications each and 'own' our modest property) but perhaps have committed the unforgivable crime of living/working in more than one prominent capital cities of the world - we (and 99% of employers) take that as an enhanced professional experience - CIC treats it as a reason to punish/delay applicants!

We have also been apologized to by CHC London BION - saying that our file was processed by 'inexperienced and untrained staff at CHC London' (they asked us for RPRF 14 months back, asked for updated forms a couple of times and then some etc - and when we asked why these requests were made if the file has been undergoing lengthy background checks all this time and they themselves are telling us each time that it will take several more months) and all the items shouldn't have been requested form us at this stage (who knows what stage we are at now..have lost track and TBH interest as well ))

We hope so too that we are 'getting there' - ahh 'the promised land' - where inexperienced staff deals with skilled applicants!? .. and where 12 months processing time means 4 years of frustration and waiting.

Someone should tell CIC that there are only SO many tomorrows.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by unusual78
Definitely Progress

However don't mean to put you down .. but if you look at our timeline they have requested all sort of similar stuff from us (a few times) in the past 18 months or so .. and every time when we followed up after sending in the requested items - their reply was 'lengthy background checks' are in process for our file and will take several months - its been 15 months since they first told us that

Let me clarify from the outset that we are no terrorists (of Asian origin but now have British nationality, both OH and I are in full time employment with MNC's in London since last 6 years, have two PG qualifications each and 'own' our modest property) but perhaps have committed the unforgivable crime of living/working in more than one prominent capital cities of the world - we (and 99% of employers) take that as an enhanced professional experience - CIC treats it as a reason to punish/delay applicants!

We have also been apologized to by CHC London BION - saying that our file was processed by 'inexperienced and untrained staff at CHC London' (they asked us for RPRF 14 months back, asked for updated forms a couple of times and then some etc - and when we asked why these requests were made if the file has been undergoing lengthy background checks all this time and they themselves are telling us each time that it will take several more months) and all the items shouldn't have been requested form us at this stage (who knows what stage we are at now..have lost track and TBH interest as well ))

We hope so too that we are 'getting there' - ahh 'the promised land' - where inexperienced staff deals with skilled applicants!? .. and where 12 months processing time means 4 years of frustration and waiting.

Someone should tell CIC that there are only SO many tomorrows.
What takes the time for background checks when you have lived in 'various places' abroad is quite often that the Countries concerned are very slow to respond to CIC enquiries. It's not that CIC are putting you through the wringer.

Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:55 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by Siouxie
What takes the time for background checks when you have lived in 'various places' abroad is quite often that the Countries concerned are very slow to respond to CIC enquiries. It's not that CIC are putting you through the wringer.

sorry my mistake .. my application was processed in 12 months and I am moaning for no reason at all!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by unusual78
sorry my mistake .. my application was processed in 12 months and I am moaning for no reason at all!
No need for sarcasm, you were stating that CIC were punishing you for having lived and worked abroad and I was trying to explain that there are times when it isn't CIC's fault that there is a delay in background checks.

I know all about London CIC inefficiencies, thank you, it took them 5 years to process my dependant (son) on a spousal PR application.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:03 pm
Waiting for medicals

No need for sarcasm, you were stating that CIC were punishing you for having lived and worked abroad and I was trying to explain that there are times when it isn't CIC's fault that there is a delay in background checks.

I know all about London CIC inefficiencies, thank you, it took them 5 years to process my dependant (son) on a spousal PR application.
No sarcasm intended .. not personal anyway!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Do you have sufficient funds to be able to meet the requirements when you 'land' ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp / http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ed/arrival.asp
..Yes thanks! But we don't necessarily want this money to be eaten up immediately whilst we panic at not having any money coming in! I wouldn't want both myself and OH to be without an income here, never mind moving to a new country.

Without a child, I would probably move over immediately, and have done just that in the past... but would much rather make the move with one income sorted.... Just our preference, I suppose. Our planned destination has less job opps, really for us (compared to say, Vancouver), but it is where we would like to live. So we are holding out for a few months whilst we see what lady luck throws at us as far as jobs appearing. Well, that plus applying for anything else that might even fit!
Old Jan 15th 2014, 8:51 am
Waiting for medicals

..Yes thanks! But we don't necessarily want this money to be eaten up immediately whilst we panic at not having any money coming in! I wouldn't want both myself and OH to be without an income here, never mind moving to a new country.

Without a child, I would probably move over immediately, and have done just that in the past... but would much rather make the move with one income sorted.... Just our preference, I suppose. Our planned destination has less job opps, really for us (compared to say, Vancouver), but it is where we would like to live. So we are holding out for a few months whilst we see what lady luck throws at us as far as jobs appearing. Well, that plus applying for anything else that might even fit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.