Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 30th 2013, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
James had just posted the answer to that question above your query. You did not read it but the answer is that the main applicant must land before or at the same time as his or her family.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 5:04 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dr_naz
Finally the most awaited Med requests are here

Today we got an e mail asking for medicals
Now One thing I need experts advice
we have applied for extension in UK too and are in process of appeal we got our court hearing date too thats in first week of feb and according to our solicitor its a win win case and by the end of feb we shall get our passports

so if we do our medicals now when is cic going to ask for passports ?Is it wise to delay our medicals for a month as we have been given 60 days time for it so that till that time we get our passports back atleast
You have me a bit confused here.
If you applied through London a few years back and you are not a British Citizens then you would need to send your original passports in to CIC London... It is my understanding that only British passport holders can get away with only sending passport photo copies to CIC London when passport request are made.

Forgive me for being a bit nosey but why don't you have your passports?
Or is it British Passports/Nationality you are waiting for? If it is the latter scenario I would think that you would still need to supply the passports that were originally used to support your application. I doubt if you can simply swap nationality (passports) during the process in the hope that your COPR would be issued based on (say) your British passport.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james.mc
You have me a bit confused here.
If you applied through London a few years back and you are not a British Citizens then you would need to send your original passports in to CIC London... It is my understanding that only British passport holders can get away with only sending passport photo copies to CIC London when passport request are made.

Forgive me for being a bit nosey but why don't you have your passports?
Or is it British Passports/Nationality you are waiting for? If it is the latter scenario I would think that you would still need to supply the passports that were originally used to support your application. I doubt if you can simply swap nationality (passports) during the process in the hope that your COPR would be issued based on (say) your British passport.
Hiya
Now you got it right
We havent got british passports and we are on HSMP visa here in uk
When we applied for cic we were at PSW thats post study work permit
Now HSMP 2 years have gone and we were supposed to get extension for final 3 years visa for UK but UKBA refused back in august coz of the bank statement missing from the documents one of our folly
Now we got appeal hearing in feb and our passports are at UKBA
we discussed this with our solicitor he said either u ask UKBA to give ur passports back but in that scenario u need to leave UK within 28 days or wait for ur hearing as u got a straight forward case
Old Dec 1st 2013, 5:41 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

So do UKBA have your non-UK passports because they are going to put new UK Visas in them? It's just that I would not expect UKBA to hold anyones passport as a matter of course.

Anyway.... from taking medicals to being asked for passports would likely be no quicker than 4 weeks. Then the passport request has 2 months leeway I seem to recall. Your hearing at UKBA would be completed by then.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

So do UKBA have your non-UK passports because they are going to put new UK Visas in them? It's just that I would not expect UKBA to hold anyones passport as a matter of course.

Anyway.... from taking medicals to being asked for passports would likely be no quicker than 4 weeks. Then the passport request has 2 months leeway I seem to recall. Your hearing at UKBA would be completed by then.
I dont get ....."being asked for passports would likely be no quicker than 4 weeks. Then the passport request has 2 months leeway"......this bit sorry
are they asking for passports during medical and then by cic or what? why asking for passports twice

and yes UKBA did this by holding our passports and our visa cards too due to which we are facing problems everywhere
Old Dec 1st 2013, 6:13 pm
All Sooked up!

I dont get ....."being asked for passports would likely be no quicker than 4 weeks. Then the passport request has 2 months leeway"......this bit sorry
are they asking for passports during medical and then by cic or what? why asking for passports twice

and yes UKBA did this by holding our passports and our visa cards too due to which we are facing problems everywhere
Generally you are not asked for passports when you receive your medical requests. You may receive a request for updated documents, but not passport request.

So.... once medicals are completed the practitioner sends the result directly to CIC London.
Then some weeks later, maybe 4 weeks, you might receive passport requests. Normally there is a time period (i.e. some leeway) as to when you should send the passports in. I seem to recall that might be around 60 days also.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Generally you are not asked for passports when you receive your medical requests. You may receive a request for updated documents, but not passport request.

So.... once medicals are completed the practitioner sends the result directly to CIC London.
Then some weeks later, maybe 4 weeks, you might receive passport requests. Normally there is a time period (i.e. some leeway) as to when you should send the passports in. I seem to recall that might be around 60 days also.

Finally we booked our medicals today
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:21 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Finally the most awaited Med requests are here

Today we got an e mail asking for medicals
Now One thing I need experts advice
we have applied for extension in UK too and are in process of appeal we got our court hearing date too thats in first week of feb and according to our solicitor its a win win case and by the end of feb we shall get our passports

so if we do our medicals now when is cic going to ask for passports ?Is it wise to delay our medicals for a month as we have been given 60 days time for it so that till that time we get our passports back atleast
Nice .. Congratulations!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys,
How much do you know about CIIP(Canadian Immigrant Integration Program)? is it worth going to one of their work shops?
Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2013, 4:39 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by Asabani
Hi guys,
How much do you know about CIIP(Canadian Immigrant Integration Program)? is it worth going to one of their work shops?
Thanks
I looked into this some time back but never went to a workshop. I felt at the time that it was geared towards people that might have a bit of a culture shock moving to Canada and possibly have trouble communicating and thus difficulty settling in.

I feel that the key to integration is being able to speak one of the official Canadian languages that prevails in the area you intend to settle in unless you are intending to settle slap bang in the middle of China town . It seems that CIC think so also as, over recent years, more importance has been given to language skills in the immigration program As you clearly have a good grasp of English (and French for all I know ) I think you'll integrate well enough. At such workshops I might suggest that you might come across an number of people that might have difficulty speak the local lingo, so to speak.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

I looked into this some time back but never went to a workshop. I felt at the time that it was geared towards people that might have a bit of a culture shock moving to Canada and possibly have trouble communicating and thus difficulty settling in.

I feel that the key to integration is being able to speak one of the official Canadian languages that prevails in the area you intend to settle in unless you are intending to settle slap bang in the middle of China town . It seems that CIC think so also as, over recent years, more importance has been given to language skills in the immigration program As you clearly have a good grasp of English (and French for all I know ) I think you'll integrate well enough. At such workshops I might suggest that you might come across an number of people that might have difficulty speak the local lingo, so to speak.
Thanks James
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Hi there!

I've been following everyone's progress on this thread for quite some time and it's been so encouraging to see things moving so quickly now for everyone. I think I applied a few months after most of you here (May 2010) but am SO happy to share with you all that today we finally got our medical requests through - along with request for RPRF and updated police checks. Im ecstatic! Not quite sure how Im going to concentrate to get all my work done today now, but just wanted to share with those that understand exactly what this means. I think a celebratory drink will be in order later on!!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kitslane
Hi there!

I've been following everyone's progress on this thread for quite some time and it's been so encouraging to see things moving so quickly now for everyone. I think I applied a few months after most of you here (May 2010) but am SO happy to share with you all that today we finally got our medical requests through - along with request for RPRF and updated police checks. Im ecstatic! Not quite sure how Im going to concentrate to get all my work done today now, but just wanted to share with those that understand exactly what this means. I think a celebratory drink will be in order later on!!
Ahh congrats Kitslane - fantastic news! Enjoy the celebrations - feels weird and a bit unreal after all this time, doesn't it?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there!

i guess Ho Ho Ho is bit early for us
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Hi there!

Congrats!!! :-)) A festive celebratory drink definitely required!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.