Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any ther Aug 05 AOR's still waiting for meds?

Any ther Aug 05 AOR's still waiting for meds?

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

HelNAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any ther Aug 05 AOR's still waiting for meds?

WOOHOO TOO,
Got ours today aswell
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting ,hang in there.
Helen
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Hello

congrats to you too.

Originally Posted by HelNAl
WOOHOO TOO,
Got ours today aswell
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting ,hang in there.
Helen
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:21 am
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Woohoo Finally Med Requests received 03/03/08.
And relax..

Hopefully the rest of the Aug 05 people should hear soon
Congratulations gotoronto and HelNAI......

hope all goes well with the medicals...
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krn
Paul,
I think it may be an idea to call your lawyer asking for info regarding the 90 day letter. If you send all the documents on time, you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you submit all the required info.

Kam
Kam and everyone else who has tried to reassure me, thankyou.
I think I am on the verge of telling my immigration lawyer to go and *&%$&*&*$%$ whistle!!! :curse: they are beyond useless - I can never get hold of them by phone - and it takes 2 -3 days for them to answer an email!! (im trying very hard not to swear) Ive actually sent my updated Schedule 1 form to the embasy myself now... i just hope I havent made any silly errors on it - I thought that was the whole point of a lawyer - anyway Im ranting on here about the wrong subject - this one is about med requests, I think Im a long way off that yet - no thanks to my useless lawyer I am waiting for my up to date police cert to arrive, when I have submitted that (which I will do direct again) I hope someone takes pity at the embassy and rushes my med requests out! arrrgggghhh!!! and relax!

Paul
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Kam and everyone else who has tried to reassure me, thankyou.
I think I am on the verge of telling my immigration lawyer to go and *&%$&*&*$%$ whistle!!! :curse: they are beyond useless - I can never get hold of them by phone - and it takes 2 -3 days for them to answer an email!! (im trying very hard not to swear) Ive actually sent my updated Schedule 1 form to the embasy myself now... i just hope I havent made any silly errors on it - I thought that was the whole point of a lawyer - anyway Im ranting on here about the wrong subject - this one is about med requests, I think Im a long way off that yet - no thanks to my useless lawyer I am waiting for my up to date police cert to arrive, when I have submitted that (which I will do direct again) I hope someone takes pity at the embassy and rushes my med requests out! arrrgggghhh!!! and relax!

Paul
sounds like you have had a rough time can't you sack them ?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

hey BIG congrats.

Bob
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

That's a BIG congrats to gotoronto by the way!

Cheers

Bob
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
sounds like you have had a rough time can't you sack them ?
Yes, thats exactly what Im going to do, I'll deal with it myself now, Im sure the hardest part is done now - the initial submission of forms (dotting the i s and crossing the t s) . Just to add insult to injury they have had the audacity to ask for another $300 - saying its "unexpected expenses" on my file. Ive asked then to elaborate, I cant see what in my case would cause extra work, but they seem to avoid the issue. Im loathed to give them any further money unless they miraculously change their attitude.

Paul
Old Mar 7th 2008, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Paul

There must be an ombuds thingy for lawyers... Did you ask Andrew Miller on this discussion forum, he may be able to help you?

Anger only makes the problem worse, you never know, they may be reading this forum!!!

I hope that you get some resolution soon!

cheers

Bob
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:20 am
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Yes, thats exactly what Im going to do, I'll deal with it myself now, Im sure the hardest part is done now - the initial submission of forms (dotting the i s and crossing the t s) . Just to add insult to injury they have had the audacity to ask for another $300 - saying its "unexpected expenses" on my file. Ive asked then to elaborate, I cant see what in my case would cause extra work, but they seem to avoid the issue. Im loathed to give them any further money unless they miraculously change their attitude.

Paul
Best thing to do is right a letter to your lawyer that you wish to deal directly with the CHC and see what their reply is. Also write to CHC or phone them up as to what the procedure is to deal with CHC directly. I think that as long you inform CHC of your new correspondence then you can bybass the lawyers. Play it safe !!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

DCuz99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Woohoo Finally Med Requests received 03/03/08.
And relax..

Hopefully the rest of the Aug 05 people should hear soon
Congrats gotoronto,
It must feel great to know that your application was successful. This is the final hurdle. Well done.
DCuz99
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
Email Andrew, links on his posts, get his advice sack the others and get Andrew to take it over if he will and thats what you want,

I wish i had found this forum before we had applied, would have used Andrew myself and still may ?

good luck and let us know how you get on
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

leestrauch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yeah - we are still waiting - cannot tell you how frustrated we are at the moment. I emailed CHC after the 90 days had passed after receiving our 90 day letter. They replied a few days later saying it could take upto 5 months. Waited 5 months - nothing. Emailed them again and they actually apologised and said our app would be processed within 3 weeks. Its now been 8 and still nothing. I have emailed them once or twice since then and this time they have not replied. Frustration levels are high cos when they said 3 weeks we put our house on the market - it sold within a week. We are moving out in 2 weeks to temporary accommodation now as we dont know whats going on with canada.
We wait on the postman everyday now for our medical requests but still NOTHING - very annoyed...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:03 am
krn
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leestrauch
Hi,

Yeah - we are still waiting - cannot tell you how frustrated we are at the moment. I emailed CHC after the 90 days had passed after receiving our 90 day letter. They replied a few days later saying it could take upto 5 months. Waited 5 months - nothing. Emailed them again and they actually apologised and said our app would be processed within 3 weeks. Its now been 8 and still nothing. I have emailed them once or twice since then and this time they have not replied. Frustration levels are high cos when they said 3 weeks we put our house on the market - it sold within a week. We are moving out in 2 weeks to temporary accommodation now as we dont know whats going on with canada.
We wait on the postman everyday now for our medical requests but still NOTHING - very annoyed...
fingers xxxx for you.... I'm sure you will hear something soon.... CHC seems not to like being reminded
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Any ther Aug 05 AOR's still waiting for meds?

Hi all
We are Sept 2005 and received our med request some time the end of feb when we were on holiday. fantastic present to find on the door mat.
Booked our meds for the end of the month, the end is in sight. Now all the problems selling the house etc.
Keep the faith it will come

Lee & Jill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.