Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any ther Aug 05 AOR's still waiting for meds?

Any ther Aug 05 AOR's still waiting for meds?

Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any ther Aug 05 AOR's still waiting for meds?

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Karen and all,
I too am waiting for further news, My AOR is 11th August 2005! and not a word since then until last week (from my immigration lawyer) i have applied thro' an immigration lawyer, as I wanted to be assured things would go smoothly and were recomended by a friend - however they dont fill me confidence, I assumed they would have recieved my 90day letter, as I had an email from them asking for an updated schedule 1 form and a new police clearance certificate. A week later I have now had another email asking to submit as soon as possible as they have a very tight timeframe to submit documents! Worst of all the police have replied saying it could take up to 6weeks to get a new certificate. Im going to speak to lawyer today as I cant get no sense from them via email. As nearly everyone I see has recieved med requests now, I hope I havent missed the 90day deadline, pehaps Im jsut one of the delayed ones like you Karen? does anyone know the consequences if I have - will my application be rejected?
Sorry for the long post but Im getting a bit nervous!
Check on the police certs as there is now an expedited process i think its £75.00 ouch but its 24 -48 hours have a look through the threads
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:07 am
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RGPickles
Hi Krn

You must be optimistic, 60 days is less than 90 days and at least you are
still being processed...

I would triple check anything that you send to them now, ensure that the update is perfect.I might even consider hand delivering it, if near London?

We are Sep 2005 AOR, so we are waiting as well with no news since July.
To be honest the Canadian currency will burn our money at the moment, so a longer wait does not bother us, there are signs that the currency is slightly nudging back in our favour, but it will take a long time to recover to $2.3 to £1 sterling, if it ever does

I wish you great success in your next update and hope that you have
fast news soon!

Cheers

Bob
Bob,
Thanks for the info. Will try to stay calm......let's hope that the long wait will bear fruit!!!!

Kam
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:16 am
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Karen and all,
I too am waiting for further news, My AOR is 11th August 2005! and not a word since then until last week (from my immigration lawyer) i have applied thro' an immigration lawyer, as I wanted to be assured things would go smoothly and were recomended by a friend - however they dont fill me confidence, I assumed they would have recieved my 90day letter, as I had an email from them asking for an updated schedule 1 form and a new police clearance certificate. A week later I have now had another email asking to submit as soon as possible as they have a very tight timeframe to submit documents! Worst of all the police have replied saying it could take up to 6weeks to get a new certificate. Im going to speak to lawyer today as I cant get no sense from them via email. As nearly everyone I see has recieved med requests now, I hope I havent missed the 90day deadline, pehaps Im jsut one of the delayed ones like you Karen? does anyone know the consequences if I have - will my application be rejected?
Sorry for the long post but Im getting a bit nervous!
Paul,
I think it may be an idea to call your lawyer asking for info regarding the 90 day letter. If you send all the documents on time, you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you submit all the required info.

Kam
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:38 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Has anyone from the August 05 applicants received med requests in the last few weeks. We are taking longer to process than the last bunch.

The last date I have seen was with any communication was a 10th August 05 applicant. Anyone beyond that date?

Nearly at 8 months since update letter with no communication. This is without doubt the most frustrating process. :curse:

The mental torture continues for another day....
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi

Yes we are also thinking every day, but one look at the POUND/Dollar Rate and the rising house prices in BC, always set my mind straight... looking at FT.com for some indications, looks like the Canadian government are preparing for a slow down now though, but not as bad as US.

Cheers

Bob
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

HelNAl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Has anyone from the August 05 applicants received med requests in the last few weeks. We are taking longer to process than the last bunch.

The last date I have seen was with any communication was a 10th August 05 applicant. Anyone beyond that date?

Nearly at 8 months since update letter with no communication. This is without doubt the most frustrating process. :curse:

The mental torture continues for another day....
Hi,
Do you mean has anyone had meds with a later AOR than 10/8,then yes lots of people have had their requests ,I think someone with an AOR of 31/8 on here has had it
Helen
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:29 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Not AOR dates. I have been going on application dates.

I read somewhere on BE that is how CHC allegedly process is by application date.

Going by trackitt, Kelly Spreadsheet and peoples profiles it looks like how they operate. We are 24th Aug applicants. I think KRN(10th August 05 applicant) is the latest person to get any communication.

If you go by AOR it makes no sense at all. If there is any sense in their processing methods

Laters
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi ,
If it's application date then thats even worse as we are 24/7 application and still no meds.
Helen
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:59 am
Elusive dreamer

oh dear. you must be even more frustrated than us.

I guess it depends on how complicated your case is and whether you are on a slow pile or not. I think we are on a slow pile because I dont think that our case is that complicated. Maybe these emigrate shows are slowing them down as well. Who knows what goes on.

Hopefully we will get some sort of communication soon as I can't take much more waiting
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for those encouraging words
But no our case according to our agent is quite straight forward with enough points etc.I think we just have a bad case of SODS LAWE
We asked our agen to email CHC last week to find out whats what, fingers xxx
Helen
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

HI Helen

Good points are VERY important!

I am sure that it all gets worked out in the end. Remember, that everything is done on computers, scanned in, etc. I would hate to do their job, it must be the same every day with no possibility to ever finish, as the pipeline of applications is so big and getting bigger...

I wish everyone good luck, give the postman a rest, it will happen

Bob
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

Nope still no medical requests. I have emailed CHC twice now as our address on E-client is still showing as the UK. I updated them with our information about being in canada on 17 January.

What else can I do!

kaz x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Hi Guys,

Nope still no medical requests. I have emailed CHC twice now as our address on E-client is still showing as the UK. I updated them with our information about being in canada on 17 January.

What else can I do!

kaz x
Awww, keeping my fiingers and toes crossed for you Kaz, like you say - what more can you do?! At least you are in Canada in the meantime! Keep the faith!

Adele
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:58 am
Elusive dreamer

Woohoo Finally Med Requests received 03/03/08.
And relax..

Hopefully the rest of the Aug 05 people should hear soon
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Woohoo Finally Med Requests received 03/03/08.
And relax..

Hopefully the rest of the Aug 05 people should hear soon
congrats. I know the feeling. must be really happy about it. hopefully all aug2005's get their med request soon.

but even after the medicals are done the wait continues... I already did my medicals on 12th of Feb. The doctors office said that they forwarded all the results to CHC on the 18th of Feb. CHC has received my RPRF. so i am waiting for PPR. feeling the cramps for that now.

regs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.