The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

RbjdtbBurwash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by alipeesha
i think they must have a massive dart board and thats what they spend their time doing ie.. "processing forms". Congrats AA..
Trouble is you become de-sensitised to how they look and just keep sending them off. Only when our COPRs arrived did we realise that our boy looked like a demon possessed in his photo! Poor guy, that'll follow him round for a while yet!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks like I'm all on my own on this thread now. D n A head off tomorrow! Good luck guys!!
For us, it's now been 2 months since meds were sent back to CIC, 5 weeks since ECAS says they were received... I'm really hoping PPR will follow soon as desperate to get house on the market and get things moving. Getting anxious now
Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Well it looks like I'm all on my own on this thread now. D n A head off tomorrow! Good luck guys!!
For us, it's now been 2 months since meds were sent back to CIC, 5 weeks since ECAS says they were received... I'm really hoping PPR will follow soon as desperate to get house on the market and get things moving. Getting anxious now
Sure something will come through soon.

We are booked on our 2 day Immigrant Integration Program seminar in April. Will report back on how that goes.

House on the market but no takers yet.

Been to the vet to give the dog her once over and rabies jab today and he completely confused me about what is needed. Started going on about an export permit from defra??? Think he's got that wrong. Be interested to here how D and A's little fella got on.

Hope all goes well D and A
Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your house selling, hopefully a buyer will be along soon. Have you already booked flights?
Let us know how the seminar goes. Is it in London - were you given a choice of location?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

i reckon this is your week Jane....

just got a feeling...the next 7 days will be fruitful....and then i think a new thread is in order so we can all keep track x
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah thanks Angelic, I REALLY hope you're right. I'm sure the original letter said 2-3 months from medicals we should hear, it's already been 2. Everyone else seemed to get PPR so quickly after meds.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah thanks Angelic, I REALLY hope you're right. I'm sure the original letter said 2-3 months from medicals we should hear, it's already been 2. Everyone else seemed to get PPR so quickly after meds.
Hi Jane,
The orignal letter says 2-3 months - my meds went in to LVO 4 months ago!!
fingers crossed for PPR soon

G
Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Yep, I'm crossing everything for us both Gareth!!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

justin86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't want to start a new thread just for this question, so i hope you don't mind me writing here.

I see in May they are changing the FSW criteria as it says to accommodate younger people so they can gain valuable experience and serve more years.

I have justin complete a masters degree in finance and a Bsc degree in economics. However, i have little experience in the work place. I've been a customer service rep for the past 5 years whilst doing my degree's.

Obviously my lack of skilled work experience doesn't make me eligible right now, but do you think that the new regime might help in my favour? or does it just mean if you're younger with experience you have a better chance at getting in?
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Landed safe and sound

Online in Timmy's just now using the free wifi as our rental doesn't have internet yet! Hope all well, we will update the blog once we get our act together. So far so good though.

Highlights for now, we managed to get visitor visa's for the kids without trouble to let them go to school you don't need study permits unless they are going to Uni.

Dog shipping went fine, Hemi came through as excess baggage and was waiting for us. Very freaked out but he's fine now, already made some doggy friends at teh off leash area.

Rental house and area we LOVE...

Slight melt down from youngest kid but he's pulled it together otherwise we're all coping well so far...

Old Mar 8th 2013, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Landed safe and sound

Online in Timmy's just now using the free wifi as our rental doesn't have internet yet! Hope all well, we will update the blog once we get our act together. So far so good though.

Highlights for now, we managed to get visitor visa's for the kids without trouble to let them go to school you don't need study permits unless they are going to Uni.

Dog shipping went fine, Hemi came through as excess baggage and was waiting for us. Very freaked out but he's fine now, already made some doggy friends at teh off leash area.

Slight melt down from youngest kid but he's pulled it together otherwise we're all coping well so

Fab news keep keeping us updated its nice to hear about people's adventures
Old Mar 11th 2013, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Landed safe and sound

Slight melt down from youngest kid but he's pulled it together otherwise we're all coping well so far...

Great news all round then A and D, glad everything went smoothly.

Interested to hear the registration process for the kids at school when things calm down and you're all settled.

4 months and that'll be us!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Good luck with your house selling, hopefully a buyer will be along soon. Have you already booked flights?
Let us know how the seminar goes. Is it in London - were you given a choice of location?
Thanks Jane, dying to book flights and movers but need to wait for the sale first really. Mind you have to resign at the end of this month to leave at the end of June so getting ever so slightly stressful now!

Our CIIP is in London, near St Paul's, I. Think they only do London, that was all they offered us, but then that would be nearest for us from Sussex anyway. As always really friendly and helpful guys when booking.

I reckon you'll hear something this week, fingers crossed for you.

Anyone who has gone over already or already there, how does the school registration work? Everywhere I look just gives me a list of documents, what I really want to know is the practicalities. Do I need to go through the school board like i would do here or do I go direct to the school? Do I get in touch with them direct from here or do I just turn up with boy in tow at the school that serves my area on first day of term with all his paperwork? Just a bit concerned as we will be arriving during the summer vacation.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I really hope you're right Bob! I actually sent CIC an email this morning to check if they'd received the RPRF that we paid in Dec.... in the hope that it may gee things up a bit. Probably not but it was worth a try!

Wow, it's all getting very real for you! hopefully we'll get the same opportunity, St Paul's is right next to my work so would be handy for us too!

Dave n Ailsa - so glad everything seems to be going well for you guys, keep us posted!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RbjdtbBurwash
Sure something will come through soon.

We are booked on our 2 day Immigrant Integration Program seminar in April. Will report back on how that goes.

House on the market but no takers yet.

Been to the vet to give the dog her once over and rabies jab today and he completely confused me about what is needed. Started going on about an export permit from defra??? Think he's got that wrong. Be interested to here how D and A's little fella got on.

Hope all goes well D and A
Re: DOG!

We took the dog to the vet, got the rabies jab, and the vet just ticked all the boxes to say his boosters were up to date. Then they stamped everything with their official stamp.

AFTER customs, we just walked over to the "Oversized baggage" area and collected our dog. No vet check, no customs check, and the airport staff were confused when I even mention that stuff. And there was nothing to stop Joe Stranger from picking up our priceless animal and taking him home.

On a plus side; didn't have to pay the $30 plus tax import fee for dogs, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.