2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:22 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Really exciting news skimom, know just how it feels after such a long journey. Get that bottle of champagne out now!
Robin,it is such an unbelievable feeling of relief, mixed with excitement - and a tiny bit of panic!! Champagne helps with all worries, though!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:25 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

tracys and susieh - thank you! It's been a very long wait for that letter to come!

We haven't decided when to land yet - OH works away during the week so have to catch up properly this weekend! We'll be landing in Ottawa though as that is where we plan to live. (We lived there for 3 years 2004-2007.)
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Just noticed this thread has dropped right down the forum and all gone very quiet - assuming therefore not much happening for the 2007ers?? Fingers crossed for you all.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Just noticed this thread has dropped right down the forum and all gone very quiet - assuming therefore not much happening for the 2007ers?? Fingers crossed for you all.
Nothing at all, now reached 4 years since AOR and seriously gutted
Anyone heard anything at all ?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Reidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Coffeepot

Just to say I REALLY hope you hear something soon.
It can't be right that you are outside their timescales,

Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Up until the end of last year, whenever I've contacted CHC using their webform to update my address, documents or to ask a question, I have received an emailed response after a few days. In the last 3 months I have sent 2 changes of address and submitted a query to CHC London, but have heard nothing back. Frustrating, but at least we have made some progress (albeit slow) over the last 18 months.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for responding Reidies and Madhouse,
We haven't notified them yet of this latest move, I will do that today. See what happens.
Our post is being redirected from both previous addresses anyway.
What I dont get is why are they processing the new applicants before us old applicants ?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for responding Reidies and Madhouse,
We haven't notified them yet of this latest move, I will do that today. See what happens.
Our post is being redirected from both previous addresses anyway.
What I dont get is why are they processing the new applicants before us old applicants ?
It appears to be happening on every timeline. As soon as you drop outside of what they want *right now*, you disappear into a black hole.

I feel bad for you, it's really not very fair.

Good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Not that this will help you at all CP but wanted to send you good wishes and that you hear soon
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is it just me or has anyone else heard absolutely nothing, it states on CIC 45 months for London, here we are almost 48 months and not even update requests it's bizarre. It isn't that OH occupation isn't even on the list it just doesn't make sense, when we have contacted them there response has been, wait until contacted. Cheers anyway folks x
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Is it just me or has anyone else heard absolutely nothing, it states on CIC 45 months for London, here we are almost 48 months and not even update requests it's bizarre. It isn't that OH occupation isn't even on the list it just doesn't make sense, when we have contacted them there response has been, wait until contacted. Cheers anyway folks x
Could it do any harm to contact them each week? It just seems you have waited such a long long time.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
Could it do any harm to contact them each week? It just seems you have waited such a long long time.
I suppose it's still a bit of if I annoy them too much I'm sure they push you further back just because they can,
We have emailed case specific several times over the past 12-15 months for several reasons, we have moved twice in the past 8 months and now notified them of the new address today, last time they acknowledged the email with the our new email to our old email address ?
I have asked why we were at the stated deadline according to CIC, they said that is a guide and we will be contacted when updates are required. In the meantime do not contact them again except with change of address etc.

If we could get our money back I would and take my chances reapplying.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

I suppose it's still a bit of if I annoy them too much I'm sure they push you further back just because they can,
We have emailed case specific several times over the past 12-15 months for several reasons, we have moved twice in the past 8 months and now notified them of the new address today, last time they acknowledged the email with the our new email to our old email address ?
I have asked why we were at the stated deadline according to CIC, they said that is a guide and we will be contacted when updates are required. In the meantime do not contact them again except with change of address etc.

If we could get our money back I would and take my chances reapplying.
So far it seems you have been very polite, and in reading all of your posts over the past two years, very controlled in your responses. And yet they still ignore your requests, it's a hard pill to swallow, I can only imagine your frustration.

Is there any one person assigned to your case? Or does it seem that your responses are coming from different quarters? Are there any ombudsman to refer this to, especially since you are well outside the average waiting time? Especially when so many others in the same year have moved on.

Sorry if this annoys you more than helps you, it just seems unfair, I can only imagine how you are feeling.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
So far it seems you have been very polite, and in reading all of your posts over the past two years, very controlled in your responses. And yet they still ignore your requests, it's a hard pill to swallow, I can only imagine your frustration.

Is there any one person assigned to your case? Or does it seem that your responses are coming from different quarters? Are there any ombudsman to refer this to, especially since you are well outside the average waiting time? Especially when so many others in the same year have moved on.

Sorry if this annoys you more than helps you, it just seems unfair, I can only imagine how you are feeling.
Hi Walsh clan, thank you for your post, we have emailed minister Kenny but only got an automated response and nothing else, I think all the responses are coming from whoever is there at the time ? We never get a name on any emails. It is frustrating, I know lots of other people are in the same boat some poor people have waited even longer.
I suppose if we hadn't had 3 children at uni and dependant on us financially as well as our now 10 year old we may have gone out there and found work, a while ago you could fast track your application with a job, not sure you can do that now ? I am going to write a letter and send it registered post or hand it in myself to CIC, setting out our time line etc, probably won't do any good but who knows.

Good luck with your move
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:12 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i cant believe people are still waiting from 2007??..has anyone jacked it in and re-appleid under the new system and jumped the queue so to speak?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.