Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

A passport type photo is fine, they take their own photo while you are there, so it is probably a bit redundant now but the form still requires one.
You could possibly try Szekesfehervar if that is easier.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Japes99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expatrick
We updated to unlimited permanent residency cards last month.
We have just started the process for doing this. How long did your new card take to arrive?
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:17 am
Just Joined

RHitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Japes99
We have just started the process for doing this. How long did your new card take to arrive?
I'm not sure any of us have got that far yet. I have my appointment tomorrow, they may tell me then.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:29 am
Just Joined

They told us 2 - 3 weeks. Fingers crossed cards should be here by mid Feb
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:56 am
Just Joined

They told us 2 - 3 weeks. Fingers crossed cards should be here by mid Feb
When you went to your interview was it as straight forward as the official text suggests i.e. that the new card is issued on the strength that you had already previously qualified to receive the card? I have my appointment tomorrow and really don't want to be sent home to scramble around for additional documentation.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 11:22 am
Just Joined

We both had to complete a form (National Permanent Residence Permit - sorry a newbie and not yet allowed to post a link!), which we downloaded and filled in at home, and then took with us. Also needed our passports, residence, and address cards, which they photocopied.

Apart from that it was pretty simple, no other paperwork required. They did our biometrics while we were there (phot and fingerprints), and there was no charge, which was a bonus

OOOPS! forgot about the photo. You need a passport type photo which you affix to your completed form (there's a box for it on page 1). Also a brief bio for Appendix C - nothing too detailed. We also each completed appendix B (as there are 2 of us!).

There goes another rainforest

Last edited by Japes99; Jan 26th 2021 at 11:32 am. Reason: Added info
Old Jan 26th 2021, 11:43 am
Just Joined

We both had to complete a form (National Permanent Residence Permit - sorry a newbie and not yet allowed to post a link!), which we downloaded and filled in at home, and then took with us. Also needed our passports, residence, and address cards, which they photocopied.

Apart from that it was pretty simple, no other paperwork required. They did our biometrics while we were there (phot and fingerprints), and there was no charge, which was a bonus

OOOPS! forgot about the photo. You need a passport type photo which you affix to your completed form (there's a box for it on page 1). Also a brief bio for Appendix C - nothing too detailed. We also each completed appendix B (as there are 2 of us!).

There goes another rainforest
That's great thanks, very reassuring. I have the forms all uploaded and the photo attached. I have been collecting together all the cards and also any other forms I think they might (but shouldn't) ask for. I will keep them in my back pocket just in case. Can't wait for this all to be over.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Us too. Will be a big relief.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

expatwise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello There, I moved in middle of december 2020. Stayed with friend. Now I will rent an apartment on my own.

Can I still apply for Naional Permanent Resident (for Brexit UK National)? The problem is I dont have proof of residence, address card or residence document.

Will they accept tenancy agreement dated in January 2021 as the cut off date of transition period ended 31/12/2020.

Old Jan 26th 2021, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatwise
Hello There, I moved in middle of december 2020. Stayed with friend. Now I will rent an apartment on my own.

Can I still apply for Naional Permanent Resident (for Brexit UK National)? The problem is I dont have proof of residence, address card or residence document.

Will they accept tenancy agreement dated in January 2021 as the cut off date of transition period ended 31/12/2020.
I have a 'orrible feeling that you have missed the boat. As far as I remember the advice last year was to start the residence procedure as soon as possible and in any case before the 31st Dec. 2020. Once started it does not matter how long it takes. Unfortunately as you don't have any residency status to convert I think you will have to apply as a 3rd country national i.e. a non EU citizen, so you might be treated the same as someone from America or Africa.
All you can do is ask at the relevant office and hope.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
I have a 'orrible feeling that you have missed the boat. As far as I remember the advice last year was to start the residence procedure as soon as possible and in any case before the 31st Dec. 2020. Once started it does not matter how long it takes. Unfortunately as you don't have any residency status to convert I think you will have to apply as a 3rd country national i.e. a non EU citizen, so you might be treated the same as someone from America or Africa.
All you can do is ask at the relevant office and hope.
Hello Peter
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form I should use at the start, in your opinion. Thanks

Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

There is hope if you did not get a residence card before the 31st Dec 2020.

This is from www.bmbah.hu
****A UK national who can credibly substantiate to have habitually resided in the territory of Hungary before 1 January 2021 and holds a valid travel document, but cannot prove his/her Hungarian residence with a valid registration certificate is entitled to national permanent residence permit according to the abovementioned. In this case habitual Hungarian residence may, in particular, be verified by:

a) a contract of employment;

b) a document to verify student status;

c) an apartment lease agreement;

d) in case of a long-lasting medical care, a certificate of the institution providing medical treatment;

e) a certificate evidencing regular income based on activities carried out in Hungary

Documents credibly substantiating habitual Hungarian residence are required to be enclosed with the application.

But as your tenancy agreement is from Jan 2021 you should talk to someone at the OIF (alien policing) and see if the friend you were staying with can verify that you were living there in December 2020. If you have flight tickets/boarding pass and quarantine documents, that may help too.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
Hello Peter
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form I should use at the start, in your opinion. Thanks
ecurb is probably the one to answer this as they have just done the procedure.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Ecurb
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form called that I should use at the start. Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2021, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by enter
Ecurb
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form called that I should use at the start. Thanks

permanent residence permit (settlement) is the form I completed. I didn't provide much of information they asked for because their Brexit page says my application is on the strength of already having a card. Read the user guide as it tells you there that you can continue to submit the form even though it throws up warnings that different documents are missing.

Someone in the office will then review your form and send back requests for anything else you will need. After my experience at the OIF office today it seems that once the form is accepted via the online process it will go smoothly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.