Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Jan 10th 2021, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residency new rules

Mods, might be worth merging this thread with the "Transition period ends...." thread to keep all the info in one place?
Old Jan 12th 2021, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ecurb
I got a bit bored and decided to give it a try.
Registered to Enter Hungary online.
Created and submitted a 'permanent residence permit (settlement)' application, I just attached a scan of my passport picture page, and scans of both sides of my address and registration cards. Ignored any questions or attachments that I was allow to ignore. It was just for myself no dependants or partner. Normal UK citizen with passport etc. In the reason for application I put 'Brexit'.

I got back a response in about 20 mins.
They needed an attached CV, Appendix C' 'that said
'
Requesting national permanent residence permit for Brexit'.
signed and dated.
I also have to print out the application, sign and date it and down load it again.
Then have to make an appointment with an OIF office to finish the process in person.

A bit of a Rubik Cube but not impossible.
I will let you know how I get on.

Maybe there is a better way that someone else has found.
Had the appointment at OIF today.
It went with no major issues,
I was supposed to bring a real portrait photo on the completed signed form. I just had a printed one. The office decided it was too late in the day for me to go and get one, so accepted the printed one.
Also, I had paid the 10000 HUF fee online, which is not required, so now I have to claim it back. They provided all the correct forms for that.
So if you do this online, do not pay the fee even if it suggests you should, If you see a box for 'fee exemption' select 'yes'.

The card will be ready in about 2 months. After that the officer said I can then arrange a Hungarian ID card.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecurb
The card will be ready in about 2 months. After that the officer said I can then arrange a Hungarian ID card.
The card (I think) will be green rather than the blue for Hungarians and it can't be used for boarder crossing.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

I had already filled in the form applying for permanent residence so I made an appointment at OIF's Pécs office rather than type it all in again on the Enter Hungary website.
The clerk checked all my details. I included a proper CV for appendix C. They did not want a page saying 'Requesting national permanent residence permit for Brexit'!
I need to create an Appendix B for EACH of my living immediate relatives (parents, children and siblings) regardless of where they are living. This requirement came from a 'higher-up" in the office as my form was being processed. Maybe because I am not married to a Hungarian citizen.
My photo and fingerprints were taken and they will send my card directly to my address in Hungary.

There was no mention of a Hungarian ID card.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 9:47 am
Just Joined

RHitch is an unknown quantity at this point

"I got back a response in about 20 mins.
They needed an attached CV, Appendix C' 'that said
'
Requesting national permanent residence permit for Brexit'.
signed and dated."

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me asking this but when you had to attach a 'CV' did you have to fill out all of the things they ask for in that CV or did you just write
'Requesting national permanent residence permit for Brexit'.

Kind regards
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Yes and no, when I did the online submission they only wanted the 'Requesting national...', so I included that in the online submission.
You then make an appointment with the OIF in your area, and take all the original docs that you submitted online.
When I was at the appointment, they ask me to add a bit more to the appendix, So I just wrote, in English, I came to Hungary July 2020, and I have purchased a house and I am planning to stay in Hungary.
It was nothing more than that, and the officer was quite happy.
So they may or may not ask for more and I think it depends on who is doing your interview.
Certainly there was never any questions about proving anything.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks for this, it is really helpful. Anyway, my documents are submitted now, I have received a prepared application which I think I have to download, sign and attach a photograph to. I'm not sure what I need to do with that once completed. Do I have to re-upload it or just take it to the immigration office? Did you just turn up at the immigration office or did you have to apply for an appointment? Sorry about all the questions but you really are the expert having gone through it successfully.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Your Welcome, I up loaded them, there was a link to do this once I logged onto enterhungary online system (To Do menu), it seems you are using that.
They also sent a letter to my enterhungary logon and sent an email explaining what to do next.

You probably have to book an appointment for the office, I did it online, I assume that is the same for everywhere due to Covid.
One strange thing is, that it is another website to make the appointments and I had to register for that one separately from the EnterHungary one.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

I am at the stage where I need to apply for an appointment. For those who are following behind, you can do this on the following website.
HTTP :// oif. gov. hu/ index.php? lang=en

Remove spaces.

Last edited by RHitch; Jan 22nd 2021 at 1:58 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone tell me the address of the Immigration Office in Keszthely as I hope to go there eventually.Is it the document office in Kossuth Lajos U.42 Thank you.

Last edited by enter; Jan 23rd 2021 at 1:34 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

I think it might be the Gyor office.Name:

REGIONAL DIRECTORATE OF WESTERN TRANSDANUBIA (GYŐR)

Area of jurisdiction:

Győr-Moson-Sopron county, Vas county, Zala county

Profile:

Aliens policing, Asylum, Admission

Function:

Client service

Directorate:

Regional Directorate of Western Transdanubia

Address:

9026 Győr, Szövetség u. 15-17.

Further info:

Processes:
  • Residency permits;
  • Invitation letters;
  • Permanent residency cases;
  • Report of accommodation;
  • National residency permits.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 21st 2021 at 2:21 pm. Reason: Email address etc removed to save them from spambots!
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

That is the Kormanyablak (government window) I had to go to Zalaegerszeg for the OIF (alien policing) for the residency permit.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Had another look at Enter hungary site,Iam quite intelligent? but still a little confused. We have the obsolete permanent residency card (me and my partner) for some years with no expiry date. Reference to CV? we are retired no work or income from work. Can I include my partner in the same application (I think you can) so we should get an interview together?.We live in Somogy so I assume we will have to go to Zalaegerseg for the interview?. Is a current passport type photo acceptable.Thank you.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

You can get an interview together. Part of the booking process is to say for how many people. I think on the application form you can add others but didn't look too hard at that since my wife became Irish to avoid all this hassle.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Two words everybody! Two words!

BLUE INK!

You have to sign your document in BLUE INK or you will be told to re-sign them and re-upload them. Grrrrr!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.