Heating Systems

Old Mar 22nd 2013, 6:49 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heating Systems

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Brilliant - is the woman showering included? only kidding!
Trust you Fen
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

I was not really following this thread, just popped in because the forum was quite, so excuse me if I am going off on the wrong tangent but...

Surely what you are discussing is a Calorifier.
Most canal boats are fitted with one, which are readily available with one, two or three heating coils and an electrical emmersion element.
They are designed to be heated from the engine and/or from a stove or by mains electricity when connected.

They are available in a large range of sizes both horizontal and vertical plane, vertical is better, horizontal ones tend to cool faster from the incoming cold water.
Attached Thumbnails Heating Systems-caorifier.jpg  
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by duztee
I was not really following this thread, just popped in because the forum was quite, so excuse me if I am going off on the wrong tangent but...

Surely what you are discussing is a Calorifier.
Most canal boats are fitted with one, which are readily available with one, two or three heating coils and an electrical emmersion element.
They are designed to be heated from the engine and/or from a stove or by mains electricity when connected.

They are available in a large range of sizes both horizontal and vertical plane, vertical is better, horizontal ones tend to cool faster from the incoming cold water.
No no it,s whot I found on the Net go to web site www.therma-coil.com you will see how easyle to Make this Unit to fit inside excesting Wood Stove, or into any Wood Heater if this then 15mm 75by75 cm Back Plate to mount Right and Let hand Heating Element I have so far able to translate all parts in to Hungaryen and when have time Try to find some one to make and give a price just fot the Heating Units there are two Types in docment users manual to down load the one I think possibility is the W Shaped Model chek-out I think it,s a good Idea
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I was at the wrong end of the system!
I'm going again.
Old May 4th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

We are considering gas central heating with a combo boiler and hot water floor standing storage vessel (7 rads). Our home has triple glazing and will have external insulation this summer. I was wondering in reality what are the annual bills like and perhaps anyone who has gas central heating could PM me with numbers please.
Cheers
Old May 5th 2013, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Someone else's heating bills are not going to be very relevant. Energy used will depend upon the type of house, the amount of insulation and the temperature maintained. If you have triple glazing and will externally insulate (how thick? IMO 10cm is a good target for retrofit, more is better but diminishing returns kick in) and presumably there is at least 30cm in the loft, then I would expect your bills to be about 1/2 to 1/3 of a typical older house. Air tightness and removing cold bridges become important, as does ventilation, perhaps with mechanical ventilation with heat reclaim. A surprising difference can also be made by reducing the temperature from 21 deg to 18deg and wearing a jumper.
You can calculate your heat losses at any given internal and external temperature and this will give an estimate of your heat demand and thus your energy bill. You will need to calculate the losses any way to correctly size the radiators.
By the way if you are externally insulating then it is worth carrying the insulation 50cm below the ground floor level even if you need to dig down to do it. If the house is raised up as many are in Hungary then go all the way to ground level. This prevents the cold bridge at solid floor level and allows the floor to warm up. If you have a cellar then insulate the underside of the floor/cellar ceiling. If you go below ground level the normal EPS is OK and you don't need the expensive XPS. (long term tests have shown this)
If you need a help to calculate your heat losses I can send you a link for values. Its not difficult, just a bit laborious and repetitive.
Old May 5th 2013, 7:46 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richardmc
We are considering gas central heating with a combo boiler and hot water floor standing storage vessel (7 rads). Our home has triple glazing and will have external insulation this summer. I was wondering in reality what are the annual bills like and perhaps anyone who has gas central heating could PM me with numbers please.
Cheers
Contact Evie on the forum or I can ask her to email you, they have similar and as far as I know, their bills are incredibly low.
Old May 5th 2013, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Thanks both for the input.

Yes Rural that would be fine, please ask Evie to email me
Old May 5th 2013, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Evie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really nice

Hi Richard, Have just sent email...Evie
Old May 5th 2013, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rural/Evie I have replied to your e-mail