Heating Systems

Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heating Systems

If I my be allowed to ask this, above is lots of different Heating Systems and combination off and I accept all that is written.
As any one views on:
Heat Recovery Systems or Heat Recovery Central Ventilation Systems
I no my Cousin is a Installer of above and Air Conditioning in UK and speaks highly of property using this way of heating moor so on the running cost!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digger47
If I my be allowed to ask this, above is lots of different Heating Systems and combination off and I accept all that is written.
As any one views on:
Heat Recovery Systems or Heat Recovery Central Ventilation Systems
The general advice on such systems is that they are only of value if the house is sufficiently air tight. If the house is a fairly modern Hungarian house constructed of block and rendered inside and out with concrete beam / block / and rendered ceilings, this is going to be fairly air tight. If you then change all the doors and windows for new with rubber seals then the probability is that you will have no natural ventilation.

Houses need ventilation for all sorts of reasons so in the scenario above some ventilation will need to be provided. This can either be natural, open a window a bit, or mechanical by a Heat Recovery Central Ventilation System (know as MVHR - mechanical ventilation with heat recovery)

If its natural ventilation then any heat held by the air will go out with the ventilation, with MVHR you reclaim some (70% -90% typically) of the otherwise lost heat. However the systems are expensive, difficult to retrofit and cost electricity to run.

There are advantages to MVHR, filters can exclude pollen and dust, traffic noise can be reduced if you don't open a window and because its automatic ventilation it is better because no one has to remember to open a window. Many are controlled by sensors that monitor CO2 and humidity so will maintain good air quality 24/7 in a way that opening a window can not.

Problems can occur with MVHR if you have a chimney or use a conventional wood stove as the sucking effect can in some circumstances cause the smoke / CO from the stove to be pulled into the house. Hence the need for balanced flues and stoves with external air inlets (room sealed).

MVHR works by sucking air out of the house, passing it over a heat exchanger to warm the air blown into the house. MVHR is not in itself good for saving energy. It's just less bad than other forms of ventilation.
The MVHR systems involve a double fan unit (usually in the loft) and 100mm or 150mm pipes (1 inflow and 1 exhaust) to each room hence difficulty to retro fit unless a bungalow. A new type is appearing on the market, being called a 'breathing window' which is fitted on to an outside wall but these are quite large and so can be intrusive, 2 are reckoned to be needed for a family house and they are about 1200GBP + ex works each.

If your house is of the older type with older unsealed windows and doors, with timber beam and board ceilings then MVHR probably won't be worth the effort or expense.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

On New Build Having a external room to House a Wood Fired Water Heater and the new build to MVHR SYSTEM and taking wot is written above, then I am assuming for Cost involved it would be worth will going down this road to install,
My thoughts is that one day is new build the front to face South and East West walls to be Bund Walls to retain the heating, there is moor to it than these few woords and all though I seem to have little knowledge on things that is not the case it's, that I am little bit slower upstairs in writting
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:10 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts is that one day is new build the front to face South and East West walls to be Bund Walls to retain the heating, there is moor to it than these few woords and all though I seem to have little knowledge on things that is not the case it's, that I am little bit slower upstairs in writting
Nothing to worry about there Digger, we all write and articulate differently, we all have different knowledge and skill sets, that's what makes a forum community special.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts is that one day is new build
If you are considering a new build then in my opinion the new build should be as low energy as possible, which means lots of insulation and very good doors and windows. Essentially a house wrapped up like a teapot with a tea cosy. And some heavy walls internally to give thermal mass to stabilize the temperature. This gives a very low cost, environmentally friendly house. Once you have this you will need MVHR to control the internal living environment, but the cost of this is more than repaid by the lack of energy bills.
The requirement for MVHR is a consequence of having very low energy houses.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
If you are considering a new build then in my opinion the new build should be as low energy as possible, which means lots of insulation and very good doors and windows. Essentially a house wrapped up like a teapot with a tea cosy. And some heavy walls internally to give thermal mass to stabilize the temperature. This gives a very low cost, environmentally friendly house. Once you have this you will need MVHR to control the internal living environment, but the cost of this is more than repaid by the lack of energy bills.
The requirement for MVHR is a consequence of having very low energy houses.
Thanks for information, I have been in contact with Villavent hear in UK after conversation I agreed to forward to them the Floor Plan and Elevation and all other relent information, they will reply with there recombination.
That's that sorted for now and many thanks digger
Old Feb 28th 2013, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would expect it to be much cheaper if done by a Hungarian firm
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I would expect it to be much cheaper if done by a Hungarian firm
I am only using them to get a approx-mat cost and recommended layout
I will use the Plummer & Electrician to install in the Village its just I have to be clear on every think.
Still have to sort free Standing Wood Boiler witch can be regulated by thermastat
Same as Eco Sedum Roof
I have little to do in UK till flight back, so it gives time to think things over and but to gather every think in one new build brief digger
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Still have to sort free Standing Wood Boiler witch can be regulated by thermastat
Do you mean a boiler - that is a wood stove with a water jacket to heat water for either central heating or for domestic hot water, or do you mean a stove without a water jacket?
If you build the house with a lot of insulation then you won't need central heating. Quick calculation of a 140 m2 house with a good insulation and with 20 deg. inside and -10 deg. outside will need about 1.1 kW to keep the inside temperature. And some of that will come from normal living (cooking, fridges and alike)
If I was doing a new build today I would put in enough insulation so that heating requirement was about what I quoted above and put in solar panels to give hot water. A bit more expensive to build, maybe 10%, but the advantage would be virtually no heating or hot water bills for ever.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you mean a boiler - that is a wood stove with a water jacket to heat water for either central heating or for domestic hot water, or do you mean a stove without a water jacket?
If you build the house with a lot of insulation then you won't need central heating. Quick calculation of a 140 m2 house with a good insulation and with 20 deg. inside and -10 deg. outside will need about 1.1 kW to keep the inside temperature. And some of that will come from normal living (cooking, fridges and alike)
If I was doing a new build today I would put in enough insulation so that heating requirement was about what I quoted above and put in solar panels to give hot water. A bit more expensive to build, maybe 10%, but the advantage would be virtually no heating or hot water bills for ever.
Yes to the first stove with water jacket witch will do both parts heating and hot water, if I use a glass front unit with water jacket then I kneed to have room ventilation, I wont to be draft free making a separate room to house the stove, hot water tank and all other M&E plant, under floor heating 16 mm returning to heating management manifold,there is a lot to sort out but I will get there I have a Pluming Merchant who will match any prices I can get any wear else,
This subject will go for a long time, but for now wish to stop until I am Sell the Property this will be a big influence on witch way I can go, I could go further with this but not direct on a Blog owing to the T&C being on this page
Thanks for all the help full information Live the Life live the Good Life digger
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

One of my Hungarian friends has his stove for heating hot water and CH in an outside building. I could sleep in there cos it's always warm in there ... or it can be an ideal place for an outside loo!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

I agree to make utility room as above with loo cloakroom+washing machine was on my mind, as this would be the new entrance,in to the Hobbit House
NO JOKING that's what I am designing now.
But above this small area would be reserve water tank a IBC 1000LT top up from rain water harvester tank attaching to water supply + Incoming power supply with distributions point on ground floor probably a back up Invert-er.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I shall now post some usfull information for those wishing to Convert there Wood Stove for Room Heating to add a water Heater, I am going to give this web site zou will proberly understand better www.therma-coil.com, basicley I think this could be maid over hear????? it is a stainless steel U shape 3-4inch total length 50cm with 125mm threded ends lock nuts secure to present unit after drilling then flow and return pipes attechet to storeg tank I no I am rubish at trying to explane things but take a look on net it will become clear
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I shall now post some usfull information for those wishing to Convert there Wood Stove for Room Heating to add a water Heater, I am going to give this web site zou will proberly understand better www.therma-coil.com, basicley I think this could be maid over hear????? it is a stainless steel U shape 3-4inch total length 50cm with 125mm threded ends lock nuts secure to present unit after drilling then flow and return pipes attechet to storeg tank I no I am rubish at trying to explane things but take a look on net it will become clear
Brilliant - is the woman showering included? only kidding!
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think you will need long hands to stretch accross the water to the USA, I would like to think others will follow and my be some one can make these units,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.