Heating Systems

Old Nov 19th 2012, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heating Systems

Originally Posted by Mark_Hu
Its also a system boiler and the thermostat only cuts in at 55C which is a bit high for the underfloor heating which we use for a separate apartment.
In the course of our build though this was the only real cockup, so we count ourselves lucky!!!
Yes 55C is too high for underfloor heating. You should have a heat exchanger between the boiler and the underfloor heating with a thermostatic 3 port mixer valve on the UFH side to modulate the temp. down to about 35 - 40 by mixing the return into the flow. This will allow both the UFH and the boiler to run at their respective correct temperatures.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just found this web site over hear www. grando .hu
Take a look what can be Found
4010 Hosseven solid fuel cooking stove have a look????
What ever your needs it's on this website
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

That does seem a remarkable price for that cooking stove but it almost certainly does not include a boiler. The fire capacity is probably quite small too if that is a full width fuel storage drawer at the bottom. The whole thing is not as tall as a washing machine by the look of it.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK try this then Budapest April 12 -15
AT: Hungarian Expo, Consortium, this is where I no there is a Load of Stoves, I have lost one Company email address but they manufacturer the Cooking Stoves, Bread ovens you name it in Cast Iron they may be able to produce a combination of Heating and Cooking
Whether for Heating or Cooking and at this event covers all Construction Materials,
You, name it's there latest,s Building Invitations Eco systems, so I will leave it that, if you can not make this event then contact myself and I will collect information for you as my Time is split between Budapest and my place in Lovasbereny
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

This one has a boiler but no oven. You could cook on the top of it though:
http://www.grando.hu/k-158-tuzhelyka...1kw-1530522687
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:23 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
This one has a boiler but no oven. You could cook on the top of it though:
http://www.grando.hu/k-158-tuzhelyka...1kw-1530522687
Wow, that seems expensive
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

They are expensive new, that's why I got my Windhager stove secondhand!

http://www.k-wh.at/shop/kategorie/298/
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Mark_Hu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Care must be taken with internal insulation. Very good vapour control layers are needed otherwise condensation will occur on the cold side of the insulation. This can damage the wall, any timber battens or joists and cause the growth of mold. Generally internal insulation is only done when external insulation is not possible. External insulation insulation is much better and generally allows for a higher level of insulation.
Absolutely, VERY important, just sometimes not a choice if you want to maintain the external façade - nice brickwork or stone
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Yes 55C is too high for underfloor heating. You should have a heat exchanger between the boiler and the underfloor heating with a thermostatic 3 port mixer valve on the UFH side to modulate the temp. down to about 35 - 40 by mixing the return into the flow. This will allow both the UFH and the boiler to run at their respective correct temperatures.
Thanks for this, I might come back to you for some more info as i know i need to do something about it. At the moment the big solar tank acts as a buffer but sometimes I just end up heating the whole tank to 55 by default !
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I don't know about Hungary but in UK the supply pressure to the meter is different to the pressure from the meter to the appliance/s. The gas fitter has a manometer and adjusts the meter output pressure to suit what equipment you are using.
Thanks for this, i will ask my plumber about it and come back to you with an answer
Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

gailenvoyage is an unknown quantity at this point

I am considering buying a flat in the city. It needs quite a bit of refurbishment, and the heating system is on the list. It currently has a rather nice tile stove which has been converted to gas, along with two ugly gas heaters in two other rooms and gas flow heaters for hot water in the bathroom and kitchen. Most people recommend a Cirko, but I like the tile stove very much and am used to having a solid fuel burner. i have considered installing a Cirko for hot water and heating and return the tile stove to wood, although I don;t know about the availability of wood in the city- I haven't a car, so I would be relying on delivery. Then in this thread I read about tile stoves with back-burners that can heat water and run radiators. This sounds ideal. I would consider gas or solid fuel, depending on the practicality of each. It's a 60m square apartment. Any ideas? Suggestions? Possible price range?

Thanks for your thoughts..........
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gailenvoyage
I am considering buying a flat in the city. It needs quite a bit of refurbishment, and the heating system is on the list. It currently has a rather nice tile stove which has been converted to gas, along with two ugly gas heaters in two other rooms and gas flow heaters for hot water in the bathroom and kitchen. Most people recommend a Cirko, but I like the tile stove very much and am used to having a solid fuel burner. i have considered installing a Cirko for hot water and heating and return the tile stove to wood, although I don;t know about the availability of wood in the city- I haven't a car, so I would be relying on delivery. Then in this thread I read about tile stoves with back-burners that can heat water and run radiators. This sounds ideal. I would consider gas or solid fuel, depending on the practicality of each. It's a 60m square apartment. Any ideas? Suggestions? Possible price range?

Thanks for your thoughts..........
what floor are you on would be my first question, don't underestimate the effort involved in moving it around. If you need to pay someone to do it, plus the cost of having it delivered etc etc. I don't know about retro fitting (if its not there already) with back boilers, seems a bit fraught? but you never know. Also are you going to be there during the day, if not then managing your stove with wood becomes harder. Maybe the answer is to have a more practical central heating and hot water system, and save the tile stove for the weekend?
Wood is a nice idea but not so straight forward in a flat I would have thought.
As with other strands in this thread, insulation and double glazing, draft exclusiion etc comes first. If yopur flat needs a lot of work, then central heating even underfloor becomes much less of an upheaval - sorry lots of variables
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:54 am
Just Joined

gailenvoyage is an unknown quantity at this point

what floor are you on would be my first question, don't underestimate the effort involved in moving it around. If you need to pay someone to do it, plus the cost of having it delivered etc etc. I don't know about retro fitting (if its not there already) with back boilers, seems a bit fraught? but you never know. Also are you going to be there during the day, if not then managing your stove with wood becomes harder. Maybe the answer is to have a more practical central heating and hot water system, and save the tile stove for the weekend?
Wood is a nice idea but not so straight forward in a flat I would have thought.
As with other strands in this thread, insulation and double glazing, draft exclusiion etc comes first. If yopur flat needs a lot of work, then central heating even underfloor becomes much less of an upheaval - sorry lots of variables
Maybe I can have a gas tile stove with back boiler????
Old Nov 26th 2012, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gailenvoyage
Maybe I can have a gas tile stove with back boiler????
I am sure it is possible, I just don't know about retro fit - you need to talk to the relevant company. Lots around although I have never been down this line so cannot suggest one.
Add a link if you get one:-)
Good luck
Old Nov 26th 2012, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Just a few thoughts:
We heat with wood about 200 sq meters house in the Pilis at 400 meters height so can be chilly. As mentioned the secret is insulation. We have 12 -14 cm on 35cm porotherm bricks with 25cm in the roof. Double glaze to get rid of drafts and if you can over time take the floors up and insulate this - not always an option.
We use 3 cubic metres wood a year BUT this is as if you were buying a solid block and is sometimes described as an "erdei kob meter" (forest cubic meter) e.g we bought 6 cubic meters last year in 1 meter lengths and the stack measured 10 cubic meters. We got a to cut and chop it for 3000UF a meter. Wood cost19,000 deleivered. Its a bit of hassle, but we buy enough for two years so the second year timber is well seasoned. Buy the following winters wood in Feb so it has time. So 66,000 a season.
Not all stoves are the same we did in fact bring a 8-10 kw Clearview from the UK - Surprisingly Brit stoves are considered to some of the best. After 2 years we put a 2kw backboiler in but to be honest its not a big enough stove. I think a 12 kw stove with a 2 kw back boiler would be better.
We have solar hot water but aslo a gas boiler also from the uk - this was a mistake as althoughbthe gas is rated the same (not sure why the potatoes should boil more slowly ) but the pressure is higher 0- took a bit of fixing!)
If you go for solar wait for the construma trade show in B'pest in april for serious discounts.
NB.
A friend has just been quoted around 1 million HUF for 3 flat solar panels and a 300 litre tank with electric backup, fitted with all the controls and safty cutouts etc, if you want a ball park figure. Panels are German made in Slovakia and have a good reputation.
They currently heat with electricity and have no gas so its probably a good deal.
There maybe some grants available but I ma not sure on this. We could do with and "expert" to track them down!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.