Cheeder Cheese

Old Jan 21st 2016, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheeder Cheese

Originally Posted by themajor
TROLL!!
Digger's no troll. But even if he was, imho he'd be the best on the whole forum. His posts (especially the infinite sentences - are 'belters'), but they always brighten up my day. Good on you Digger!
Old Jan 21st 2016, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Cheddar cheese if frozen looses 80% of the original texture and taste. It is not meant to be frozen. If left to mature it then gets a stronger texture and taste. Cheddar cheese is the most popular cheese in the world today. there are many many different types of cheddar. I will stop here.
I agree that cheddar especially will have an unavoidable change of texture when frozen.
But Cheesemonger or not, to say that it looses 80(EIGHTY!) % of it's taste when frozen is imho untrue.
It's rare that we freeze any of our cheeses, but when we have with cheddar, and subsequently serve to guests, it has always maintained a large percentage of its original flavour. Otherwise I simply wouldn't serve it. And believe me, when a French dinner guest is unhappy with any part of the meal, they generally let you know!
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Two points from me:

We also freeze cheese that we bring from Germany or Austria - it's not only better (says my Hungarian wife ...) but also much cheaper. For a Swiss wurst salad with cheese e g, which our Hungarian relatives also enjoy.

Dear digger, I also had problems reading your comments at first, being not a native English speaker, but then I just tried to read them out loud - and voilà!

Keep up the good work, your comments are always welcome!
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Digger's no troll. But even if he was, imho he'd be the best on the whole forum. His posts (especially the infinite sentences - are 'belters'), but they always brighten up my day. Good on you Digger!
Thanks tweedpipe & all others for your support:I now i am crap at spelling & grammar but being short sighted & cross eyed looking at key pad is, well lets see a challengas regards cheese who can lower them selfs away from British Cheese in europe the make cheese wrongly in respect some are Full of Holes so there for you do not value for Money as some of that cheese is missing. Grandad all ways sed two things first a good cheder is like a "good woman" "it,s better with age" & do not worry abought the Mould it's "penercilin" it,s good for you, yes grandad but it makes you "Fart" digger47
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, digger!
Inspired by your comment we bought today some "English mature" and "Scottish mature" cheddar in the Lidl in Keszthely - 250g each at around 800 Forint.
my wife hasn't tried cheddar yet, but is willing to ...
And she also might use some of it for the soup with cheese balls she often cooks - she says you're supposed to use at least three different varieties of cheese for that.

PS for everybody:
Don't rush there - those were the last packages!
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolfi
Hi, digger!Inspired by your comment we bought today some "English mature" and "Scottish mature" cheddar in the Lidl in Keszthely - 250g each at around 800 Forint.my wife hasn't tried cheddar yet, but is willing to ...And she also might use some of it for the soup with cheese balls she often cooks - she says you're supposed to use at least three different varieties of cheese for that. PS for everybodyon't rush there - those were the last packages!
Thank's but there is plenty in Tesco at this price =3,200huf per Klo. as duztee say'a try it with Branston Pickle or grow your own sets Shallots they make good pickling onions I do each year, the one thing you can not get hear is German Sausage Bratwurst I have good memoirs of these in time in the Army at that time they wear sold on road side you got a try with sausage a sqege of mustered and a piece of bread for 1 mark we wear getting 7 mark,s to pound then digger47
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Digger,

May I please apologise to you for my quite caustic comments. I had no idea of your background or your sight problems. By the way my spelling is also not up to standard.lol
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Thought for the day.
How do you get Digger to smile?
Spoiler:
Get him to say C h e e s e
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, every country has its specialties!

A bit OT:
As a real Schwab (you know, those people that had to leave Scotland - because they were too penny-pinching ...) we not only buy clothes and chocolate in the local factory outlet and bring it to Hungary but also all kinds of sausages.

Yes, there is a sausage factory near where we live in Germany that sells "Ausreißer" (aberrations) i e the ends of large meatloafs or packages which contain not enough sausages at less than half price - the quality and taste of course is the same ...
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Digger, May I please apologise to you for my quite caustic comments. I had no idea of your background or your sight problems. By the way my spelling is also not up to standard.lol
No knead too so two things wye did the one eyed chich'n cross the road?????? to go to the Birds Eye ShopSo when you are shopping lets say you fancy a pice of Lamb so problem is how old is it so try this first Think Horses??? Um Teth good got that=next Trees??? Um Growth Rings good got that=then next Lamb???? "Bar Code"digger 47
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digger47
No knead too so two things wye did the one eyed chich'n cross the road?????? to go to the Birds Eye ShopSo when you are shopping lets say you fancy a pice of Lamb so problem is how old is it so try this first Think Horses??? Um Teth good got that=next Trees??? Um Growth Rings good got that=then next Lamb???? "Bar Code"digger 47
Liked the joke so much it is now wizzing around the world on Facebook. Thanks digger.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liked the joke so much it is now wizzing around the world on Facebook. Thanks digger.
Ok try this my handle digger how did and wye i use this, first great grandad was Willame Marwood hang man fo HM.Goverment next mums sister husban was distent relative in ww2 in fact the boss now last clue I left school in 62 working part time and earning 5 shillings for every one, wat was it digger47 this is last one going of Topic
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 3:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I am an ex CHEESEMONGER. His comments are ludicrous.
O, really?
..... By the way my spelling is also not up to standard. .....
Indeed.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 23rd 2016 at 3:32 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Digger, really?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Marwood
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolfi
His first big drop to fame 1876

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.