Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:47 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Originally Posted by a_f_d
A very nice piece of kit - but what a price! - £1200 / £1500 for 1.5 / 2.5Kw which is 3 or 4 times the Indian price for an equivalent ups and 13 times the price of an inverter.
Quite so Andy, but top notch quality and on the "salary coversion", its comparable. It also recharges the batteries very quickly, which is the bugbear in Goa with multiple power cuts............also I got mine on ebay for a fraction of that price!

Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Alibaba.com are offering Honda LPG generators at 23,500 or £305. Output 405/505 max and they are made in Maharashtra too.Price does not include gas bottle and you have to prime them with petrol first but that's not too expensive to be independent completely from the vagaries of intermittent supply problems that plague Goa.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Threads concerning India have been moved even though the posts are by Goa Members

Last edited by Bipat; Oct 18th 2011 at 12:48 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:54 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Threads concerning India have been moved even though the posts are by Goa Members
Admin thought we should be in the Far East Section! So if you want to put anything about other parts of India feel free.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Admin thought we should be in the Far East Section! So if you want to put anything about other parts of India feel free.
I never thought India was in the Far East. Asia yes but not far enough east to be included in the term Far East.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:03 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
I never thought India was in the Far East. Asia yes but not far enough east to be included in the term Far East.
Should have read Far East and Asia!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Should have read Far East and Asia!
Oh1 - quite a small area then.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:03 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bipat might be referring to the "travelling in India from Goa" thread that should be on this forum clearly, to encourage folk to travel a bit, but for some stupid reason isn't?

Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Have I understood this right - there is an area that covers China. Hong Kong, Indonesia , Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, India, or elsewhere in the Far East & Asia but not Goa?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Have I understood this right - there is an area that covers China. Hong Kong, Indonesia , Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, India, or elsewhere in the Far East & Asia but not Goa?

AndyD 8-)#
Yes! Goa has been under "Rest of the World"....Not Far East and Asia!
perhaps when the Goa link was set up it wasn`t recognised or realised it was part of india!Who knows?

A good question?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

AndyD 8-)#
Just checked, The link I have always used to the Goa forum is where it has always been, in Rest of World. But you can also find it via Far East and Asia then India.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 3:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msj5
Yes! Goa has been under "Rest of the World"....Not Far East and Asia!
perhaps when the Goa link was set up it wasn`t recognised or realised it was part of india!Who knows?

A good question?
There never was an Indian forum (except for Goa) as far as I can see. It always seemed a bit odd to me. I think that Goa forum probably really got motoring before the whole of the Far East section and, even now, the other Asian countries have diddley-squat postings compared with Goa, where you guys just chat and chat and chat

Malaysia, Singapore and China forums are steadily increasing in posts n threads but we've got a long way to catch up with you guys.

Suspect that some folks didn't know that Goa was in India Don't you find you get that back in the UK sometimes? Okay... true story for you... when I used to live in Singapore and went back for a little trip to ol' Blighty and stayed in a crap hotel in Rayleigh, Essex. We filled out the registration card and the receptionist said <imagine EastEnders accent> Oooh, you live in Singapore? Awww luvverly...... <pause>.... Is that anywhere near Morocco? Honest, it actually happened.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Coconut tree pluckers starting work at 6.30 am .Right outside of my bedroom window.Dogs barking contantly because of them.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:13 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

What xxxxed me off today was...........

........having to deal with a lying cheating and deceitful con artist !

I loath these people who present themselves to the world as supposedly decent beings, loudly proclaiming themselves to be humble, honest and discerning, and are so good at it that people are taken in --- when actually those people execute a long term and elaborate plan to deceive their target for their own gain. Even worse is that these people get enjoyment and empowerment from the thrill of the pretence, going to quite extreme measures to achieve their dishonest goal, whilst deliberately ensuring maximum hurt to their trusting target.
Strangely enough these same lying scum always view themselves as the victim by twisting and warping the facts to cover up their own despicable behaviours - and boy oh boy, don't they just always have a ready excuse....blame it on the other person, parents didn;t love me, etc etc. (the usual tripe - usually just another elaborate lie in most cases!!)

These people are just self absorbed low lifes who think the world owes them !

I would prefer an armed robber to this type of scum !!!!

Apologies for the rant people - just one of those times when I needed to say what I think !!

Dread - Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh -- that's better -
x
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

afaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant future

Have I missed something?..... brilliant rant, up there with the best.... but what are you on about, surely not the coconut pickers? If too much information, don't reply.

Last edited by afaiknow; Oct 20th 2011 at 2:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.