Visa help.

Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland;8210515
PS. Heres the link although it seems to be temporarily out of service
[url
http://mha.nic.in/writereaddata/1262...Visa311209.pdf[/url]
You need to go back to where you found that link, click through and copy the link out of the browser address bar.. what you've copied is missing some letters and won't work.
I don't know if it goes to the same page that a_f_d just posted: http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/FAQ-TVisa311209.pdf
Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
You need to go back to where you found that link, click through and copy the link out of the browser address bar.. what you've copied is missing some letters and won't work.
I don't know if it goes to the same page that a_f_d just posted: http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/FAQ-TVisa311209.pdf
Thats the one, thanks Meauxna.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Thats the one, thanks Meauxna.
Cool.
I"m addicted to your story now. I hope you all find a resolution to this situation.
Try not to panic, I'm sure it will eventually work out. But it must be stressful in the meantime!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

GermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to behold

One might have thought that going through all the painful steps to obtain residence in the first place would not turn out to become such a disadvantage in the end, and so soon!

Considering how long things usually take in India, the sheer speed of this whole thing amazes and shocks me.
They really mean it, this time.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

GoaCrazy - risking a DofE investigation is the least of our worries -
UNLESS THAY ISSUE US 'X' VISAS AGAIN WE CAN@T LEGALLY ENTER INDIA AT ALL!!!

AndyD 8-(#[/QUOTE]

Andy I understand this being investigated is not the biggest Issue actually getting in to India is.We can be refused visas at any time.
I think we all need to write to Vicki which i have done today and Ill start writing out tomorrow to my MP.Im with you on this we need to inform anyone in Government that will listen to us on this one.
What about another petition,just a thought?
GC
It really is looking bleak for us,it's something every dam!! year they bring out to cause more worry and stress

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Jan 1st 2010 at 9:48 pm. Reason: feed up with India,Goa ain't what it used to be
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:44 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
GoaCrazy - risking a DofE investigation is the least of our worries -
UNLESS THAY ISSUE US 'X' VISAS AGAIN WE CAN@T LEGALLY ENTER INDIA AT ALL!!!

AndyD 8-(#
Andy I understand this being investigated is not the biggest Issue actually getting in to India is.We can be refused visas at any time.
I think we all need to write to Vicki which i have done today and Ill start writing out tomorrow to my MP.Im with you on this we need to inform anyone in Government that will listen to us on this one.
What about another petition,just a thought?
GC
It really is looking bleak for us,it's something every dam!! year they bring out to cause more worry and stress [/QUOTE]

Now they are saying that certain countries, NZealand Japan Finland LUXEMBOURG Singapore on an expeimental basis with effect form 1.1.2010

Tourists from the said countgries can also procure their visas from Mission/posts in the normal course. Validity of 30 days with single entry
at Delhi Mumbai Chennai and Kilkata airports. - Can you imagine the chaos

Nothing for UK.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Now they are saying that certain countries, NZealand Japan Finland LUXEMBOURG Singapore on an expeimental basis with effect form 1.1.2010

Tourists from the said countgries can also procure their visas from Mission/posts in the normal course. Validity of 30 days with single entry

Nothing for UK.[/QUOT

There will always be nothing for the UK,they are terrified of giving us any sort of flexibility,it all stems back to the day's of the Raj,they are paranoid we will take India again as a British Colonny.
How much clearer can they paint it for us,India doesn't want us there,It only wants the aid we are daft enough to keep sending.
I am on a mission this morning now writing out to MPs councilor.

Im with Noni and Andy on this one we need to start knocking the Britsh Government door again with this problem.I suggest we remind them that it is tax payers money they are using when they send Billions in aid to India.I don't begrudge a penny but this is the final straw with this new visa rule. Next it will be they start issuing a temporary visa then where will we all be.
"Exactly where they want us" up sh!t street without a paddle
GC
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

My mission has started, i am so outraged about the hole f...kg thing, they have put us through enough misery these past 3 years we do as we are told, go to investigations at our expense all the way to mumbai without even a weeks notice, they fail to turn up on time, make sure all our paperwork is there, go through an interigation and they dont even reply or tell us anything !!!!!stop our long term visas, threaten us with confistation play mind games now this with the visas.
As the previous post stated they dont want us brits here not just in Goa in India WELL THEY CAN POKE GOA AND INDIA let me sell my home take my money and get out of this god forsaken place. they are well and truely welcome to it.
Its about time the british government starting listening to whats happening and respond !!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56

Nothing for UK.[/QUOT

There will always be nothing for the UK,they are terrified of giving us any sort of flexibility,it all stems back to the day's of the Raj,they are paranoid we will take India again as a British Colonny.

How much clearer can they paint it for us,India doesn't want us there,It only wants the aid we are daft enough to keep sending.
I am on a mission this morning now writing out to MPs councilor.

Im with Noni and Andy on this one we need to start knocking the Britsh Government door again with this problem.I suggest we remind them that it is tax payers money they are using when they send Billions in aid to India.I don't begrudge a penny but this is the final straw with this new visa rule. Next it will be they start issuing a temporary visa then where will we all be.
"Exactly where they want us" up sh!t street without a paddle
GC
Actually Not True.
The new ruling is just NOT for the British and in fact we are allowed to stay for 180 days on a tourist visa while a lot of other countries are 90 days.

It is crucial however that you seek clarification as to what visa will now be granted to home owners via FCO, MP etc. They can request clarification directly from Indian Government.........i doubt the answer will be none as this would start a political visa war!

As this is a new ruling it will be subject to alterations and amendments.

Remy
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

There will always be nothing for the UK...it all stems back to the day's of the Raj,they are paranoid we will take India again as a British Colony.
umm.. to be fair, British Citizens had visa-free entry to India as late as the seventies.
I'm afraid to say that what they are paranoid about (and the more so after the Headley affair) is the number of Pakistan-origin people who are UK Citizens and could come to India.
They seem blinkered to the fact that both the Prime Minister of India and the Leader of the Opposition were born in "a part of undivided India** that is now in Pakistan" - so they would have great difficulty getting visas for India if they lived abroad!!!

AndyD 8-)#

** = "British India" but some people would rather chew on broken glass than say it <g>
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:28 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

http://mha.nic.in/writereaddata/1262...Visa311209.pdf thanks to Goanvoice.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS RELATING TO TOURIST VISA
As per the extant instructions of the Government of India, a Tourist Visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc. No other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa. The Tourist Visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
2. It has come to the notice of the Government that there has been abuse/misuse of the Tourist Visa. With a view to curb the abuse/misuse of the Tourist Visa, instructions have been issued by the Government imposing the following restrictions:-
(a) In respect of foreign nationals holding Tourist Visas with multiple entry facility, there should be a gap of at least 2 months between two visits to the country on such a Tourist Visa.
(b) If any foreign national is required to visit the country again within a period of 2 months of his last departure, such foreign national should obtain special permission from the Mission/Post concerned. The Mission/Post may consider such requests on merits of each case.
(c) In all such cases, the foreign national should register himself with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 14 days of arrival. An endorsement to this effect will be made on the visa sticker.
(d) If a foreign national applies for Tourist Visa frequently i.e within one month of expiry of the previous Tourist Visa, the Indian Missions/Posts abroad would refer such cases to MHA (Foreigners Division) for clearance before grant of fresh Tourist visa.
3. Frequently asked questions with regard to the above issues and replies thereto are outlined below for information, guidance and compliance of all concerned:-
Q.1: Whether the gap of two months between two visits would apply to all Tourist Visa holders ?
Ans. : The gap of two months between two visits would apply to all Tourist Visa holders.
Q.2 : Whether the gap of two months between two visits would apply irrespective of the duration of stay in India during the previous visit ?
Ans.: The intention behind the stipulation of a gap of two months between two visits on a Tourist Visa is to curb the abuse/misuse of the Tourist Visa. With a view to ensure that the genuine tourists are not affected by the recent guidelines, the following clarifications are furnished:
(I) Foreigners holding Tourist Visas, who after initial entry into India plan to visit another country largely on account of neighbourhood tourism related travel and re-enter India before finally exiting, may be
permitted two or three entries, as the case may be (need based), by the Indian Missions/Posts subject to their submission of a detailed itinerary and supporting documentation (ticket bookings). If they are already outside of their country of origin, they can also get such an endorsement from the nearest Indian Mission/Post.
(II) The Immigration authorities in all the Immigration Check Posts may also allow such foreign nationals on Tourist Visas arriving in India without the specific authorization from the Indian Missions/Posts to make two or three entries into the country (need based) subject to production of an itinerary and supporting documentation (ticket bookings).
(III) The total period of stay in the country counted from the date of first entry into the country shall not exceed the stay stipulation period of 180 days or 90 days, as the case may be.
(IV) Once such a foreign national finally exits the country after availing the facility of two or three entries (within the stay stipulation period of 180 days or 90 days as the case may be), there should be a gap of at least 2 months before he/she can come again to the country.
(V) If any foreign national falling in the category as mentioned in sub-para (IV) above is required to visit India again within a period of 2 months after his/her last departure, such foreign national should obtain special permission from the Mission/Post. Such re-entry within the stipulated gap of two months may be permitted only in emergent situations like death/serious illness in the family, non-availability of connecting flights to return to his/her country of origin or travel to another country or any other exigent situation which can be duly justified with proper documentation to the satisfaction of the Mission/ Post granting the permission. The Mission/Post will have to examine each case on merits before grant of requisite permission subject to the following conditions:-
(a) The applicant should furnish an undertaking on the following lines:-
(i) That the purpose of his/her visit is because of emergency situation.
(ii) That he is not engaged in Business activities, nor in Employment or pursuing studies/research etc.
(b) In all such cases i.e. those covered by sub-para V above, the foreign national should register himself with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 14 days of arrival. This registration may be
done with the FRRO/FRO concerned preferably at the first place of entry. An endorsement to this effect will be made on the visa sticker.
(VI) If a foreign national applies for Tourist Visa frequently i.e. within one month of expiry of the previous Tourist Visa, the Indian Missions/Posts abroad should scrutinise the application thoroughly and refer such cases to MHA (Foreigners Division) for clearance before grant of fresh Tourist visa.
Q.3: Whether the permission for the second visit within the period of 2 months in respect of foreign nationals falling in the category mentioned in sub para (V) in reply to Question (2) can be granted by the Posts?
Ans.: Yes.
Q.4: Whether the Mission/Post in any country can grant permission for the second visit within the period of 2 months in respect of foreign nationals falling in the category mentioned in sub para (V) in reply to Question (2) or whether this can be granted only by the Mission/Post in the country of origin of the applicant.
Ans.: The requisite permission can be granted by the Mission/Post in any country on merits of each case and subject to the conditions mentioned in sub-para (V) in reply to Question (2) above. Intimation about the grant of permission may be furnished to the Ministry of Home Affairs (Foreigners Division) and to the Mission/Post from where the original Visa was issued.
Q.5: Whether the requirement of reference to the Ministry of Home Affairs in respect of those foreign nationals who apply for Tourist Visa within one month of expiry of the previous Tourist Visa would apply in respect of nationals of all countries?
Ans.: Yes.
Q.6: Are there any standard guidelines for the Indian Missions/Posts to decide the requests for re-entry within the stipulated gap of two months?
Ans.: The re-entry within the stipulated gap of two months, as mentioned in sub para (V) in reply to Question (2), may be permitted only in emergent situations like death/serious illness in the family, non-availability of connecting flights to return to his/her country of origin or travel to another country or any other exigent situation which can be duly justified with proper documentation to the satisfaction of the Mission/Post granting the permission. The Mission/Post will have to examine each case on merits before grant of requisite permission.
Q.7: In cases mentioned in sub para (V) in reply to Question 2, where will the foreigner register himself?
Ans.: The registration should be done with the FRRO/FRO concerned preferably at the first place of visit on re-entry.
Q.8: If a tourist’s passport is not stamped to indicate no re-entry within two months, can the tourist assume that he will be allowed to re-enter India within two months?
Ans.: No. Even if the tourist’s passport is not stamped, the restrictions as laid down will be applicable.
Q.9 Whether the restriction of two months gap for re-entering India is applicable to PIO/OCI card holders and foreigners holding business, employment, student and other categories of visa?
Ans.: No. The two months gap is applicable only to Tourist Visa holders.
Q.10 Whether any fee is required to be charged for making the requisite endorsement on the Passport.
Ans.: Miscellaneous Consular Service fee may be charged for making an endorsement.
Q.11 : How will medical tourists who return regularly to India for onward treatment be handled?
Ans.: For persons coming for medical treatment, there is a separate category of Medical Visa. Foreign nationals coming for medical treatment will have to come only on Medical Visa and not on Tourist Visa.
Q.12: How will the family members of diplomatic households who do not qualify for diplomatic visas (e.g. older children or domestic partners) be handled?
Ans.: The family members of diplomatic households who do not qualify for diplomatic visas may have to come on an ‘Entry(X)’ Visa if eligible. If they come on Tourist Visa, the restrictions as laid down will be applicable.
Q.13: How will individuals who come to India to volunteer for various charity organizations be treated? Many of them travel around the region while volunteering in India for extended periods on tourist visas.
Ans.: Tourist Visa is not the appropriate visa in such cases. A person coming for voluntary work can apply for ‘Entry (X)’ Visa.

Last edited by noni; Jan 3rd 2010 at 3:30 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:07 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...months/561319/

This was from 30th December, has anyone else seen it?

Got a sneaky feeling that I read that another Government Dept denied it all the next day, but of course in the chaos that is India, that probably means nothing?
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by johnny five
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...months/561319/

This was from 30th December, has anyone else seen it?

Got a sneaky feeling that I read that another Government Dept denied it all the next day, but of course in the chaos that is India, that probably means nothing?
Hadn't seen it.....thanks for posting link.
Makes for interesting reading.
This may very well be an 'experimental' ruling which after 6 months, may well be binned, altered or amended.

Obviously there is opposition to the ruling within Indian Central Government as well.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by a_f_d
umm.. to be fair, British Citizens had visa-free entry to India as late as the seventies.
I'm afraid to say that what they are paranoid about (and the more so after the Headley affair) is the number of Pakistan-origin people who are UK Citizens and could come to India.
They seem blinkered to the fact that both the Prime Minister of India and the Leader of the Opposition were born in "a part of undivided India** that is now in Pakistan" - so they would have great difficulty getting visas for India if they lived abroad!!!

AndyD 8-)#

** = "British India" but some people would rather chew on broken glass than say it <g>
Andy are you saying in the seventies you never needed a visa to visit India?
I was'nt aware of this? So what was the reason for introducing visa for Britsh Citzens then?
cheers
GC
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS RELATING TO TOURIST VISA...****
..er Noni,
don't you need permission from the MHA to quote their copyright material in full (rather than just linking to it)?
P'raps you should ask a moderator <BG>

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.