Visa help.

Old Dec 30th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by Veritas1
Might be useful also to watch the Foreign & Commonwealth Office site. The current information was updated on 24.12.2009 and marked still current as of today.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...-oceania/india
Hi All,

Out of curiousity I rang the customer services of a well known tour operator to Goa yesterday asking about the visa situation- they (worryingly) didn't know what I was talikng about

K-C
Old Dec 30th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Just leave all your money and worldly goods at the airport prior to deportation; they really don't want the bother of you staying there any time.

Foreign Direct Investment with a No Money Back Guarantee.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 1:52 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babu1
Just leave all your money and worldly goods at the airport prior to deportation; they really don't want the bother of you staying there any time.

Foreign Direct Investment with a No Money Back Guarantee.
Wasn't that what that M.U.P.P.E.T Churchill Alamao openly stated he wanted?

(M.U.P.P.E.T = Most useless political person ever tolerated !!)

Dread - x
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

I have just been advised that comprehensive clarification of tourist visas and recent changes with detailed Q & As has been issued by the MHA and can be downloaded in pdf format from:

http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/FAQ-TVisa311209.pdf

I realise that this is not good news for some of those who were offered tourist visas when their x visas were withdrawn and sincerely hope that
some successful resolution is found for their difficulties.

This para has also been added to the earlier statement:

This includes foreigners holding Tourist Visa who after initial entry into India had gone out of the country largely on account of neighbourhood tourism related travel and are re-entering India within two months before their final exit from India. However, Immigration authorities in all Immigration Check Posts may allow such foreign nationals on Tourist Visa to make two or three entries into the country (need based) subject to production of an itinerary and supporting documentation (Ticket bookings).
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Veritas1

http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/FAQ-TVisa311209.pdf

I realise that this is not good news for some of those who were offered tourist visas when their x visas were withdrawn and sincerely hope that
some successful resolution is found for their difficulties...
More importantly for some of us - from para #1:
a Tourist Visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India

AndyD 8-(#

P.S. I have emailled Vicki Treadell at the British High Commission - I suggest ALL British expat property owners do the same.

Last edited by a_f_d; Jan 1st 2010 at 8:34 am. Reason: postscript
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
a Tourist Visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India

AndyD 8-(#

P.S. I have emailled Vicki Treadell at the British High Commission - I suggest ALL British expat property owners do the same.

I have also e-mailed her Andy,I'm sure it will be another topic that will be bought up at the meeting on 21st January
This is looking pretty grim all round
GC
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

AndyD 8-(#

Could this actually work as a positive?
For example,
'I need an x-visa as under the current guidelines i don't meet the criteria for a tourist visa. I have a residence in Goa so hand over my 5 year x, thankyou very much'

If we're smart enough this could be used to force their hand regarding the re-issue of x visas.

We also should remember that the new rules are not Goan rules or exclusive to Goa but affect all of India......which could give the 'cause' more weight.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jan 1st 2010 at 10:11 am.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
For example,
'I need an x-visa as under the current guidelines i don't meet the criteria for a tourist visa. I have a residence in Goa so hand over my 5 year x, thankyou very much'

If we're smart enough this could be used to force their hand regarding the re-issue of x visas.

We also should remember that the new rules are not Goan rules or exclusive to Goa but affect all of India......which could give the 'cause' more weight.
Yes Remy it might but there again it might not because if we turn up at the visa office and state we have a property in Goa,we could be told we can't own property in Goa and given nothing or reported to the D of E which I know has happened to a couple I know and others.
It could well work for you me old China as legally you being a PIO have every right according to Indian law to own property in India.
GC
& peace
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
For example,

I was just thinking the same thing if we go armed with our papers etc bank statements for our indian accounts, all obtain PAN cards (which ive been told is quite simple as is driving licenses) though ive never had one we ma well win this one.
got to give it a go!!!!
where do we find that quote AFD had posted ?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poppetjay
I was just thinking the same thing if we go armed with our papers etc bank statements for our indian accounts, all obtain PAN cards (which ive been told is quite simple as is driving licenses) though ive never had one we ma well win this one.
got to give it a go!!!!
where do we find that quote AFD had posted ?
The thing is folks with the backing of Vicky and a bit of pressure applied in the right places they will have to IMHO give some sort of visa otherwise it would mean an outright ban, which in the interests of British/Indian relations could end up being catastrophic for both Countries.

Just trying to install a bit of hope folks and remain optimistic... what's the alternative?

PS. Heres the link although it seems to be temporarily out of service
http://mha.nic.in/writereaddata/1262...Visa311209.pdf

Remy

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jan 1st 2010 at 11:05 am.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Yes Remy it might but there again it might not because if we turn up at the visa office and state we have a property in Goa,we could be told we can't own property in Goa and given nothing or reported to the D of E which I know has happened to a couple I know and others.
It could well work for you me old China as legally you being a PIO have every right according to Indian law to own property in India.
GC
& peace
Hi GC,

If you haven't registered your property and they are not aware of any property connection then my advice would be not to mention it and apply for tourist visa as normal.........im referring to those who have property that is registered and therefore under the spotlight. If these people are not going to meet the criteria for a tourist visa then they need to argue their case for an x visa and this could very well provide a reason for not accepting anything less.

Regards,
Remy
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

this link seems to work OK
(warning - .PDF file)

GoaCrazy - risking a DofE investigation is the least of our worries -
UNLESS THAY ISSUE US 'X' VISAS AGAIN WE CAN@T LEGALLY ENTER INDIA AT ALL!!!

AndyD 8-(#
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

If you haven't registered your property and they are not aware of any property connection then my advice would be not to mention it and apply for tourist visa as normal.........im referring to those who have property that is registered and therefore under the spotlight. If these people are not going to meet the criteria for a tourist visa then they need to argue their case for an x visa and this could very well provide a reason for not accepting anything less.

Regards,
Remy
I disagree, partly because I agree with your point that it could be a leverage point, but also because it would be illegal and you could be banned from India for life or even jailed.
Unless this gets sorted PDQ I recommend that ALL foreign property owners should NOT apply for T visas, apply for X visas and SCREAM & SHOUT at MP's Ministers, British High Commission etc etc!!!!!

AND no cause to feel smug if you already have an X visas - last thing I was told by VFS/HCI was that ONLY PIO's could have them and there is PLENTY of evidence that they are not renewing them.

AndyD 8-(#

Last edited by a_f_d; Jan 1st 2010 at 11:41 am. Reason: quote
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I disagree, partly because I agree with your point that it could be a leverage point, but also because it would be illegal and you could be banned from India for life or even jailed.
Unless this gets sorted PDQ I recommend that ALL foreign property owners should NOT apply for T visas, apply for X visas and SCREAM & SHOUT at MP's Ministers, British High Commission etc etc!!!!!

AND no cause to feel smug if you already have an X visas - last thing I was told by VFS/HCI was that ONLY PIO's could have them and there is PLENTY of evidence that they are not renewing them.

AndyD 8-(#
but technically speaking if your property isn't registered then you don't legally own it anyway so in a way your only leasing.......I THINK!

Andy where can the form for x visa be found online......i have been searching but can't find it or is it an embassy only document?

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jan 1st 2010 at 11:52 am.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

if your property isn't registered then you don't legally own it anyway so in a way your only leasing.......I THINK!
The status of people with Agreements for Sale has been somewhat confused since 2006, but they have at least the equivalent of a lease, and the new rules say "have a residence" not "own a residence".

Andy where can the form for x visa be found online......i have been searching but can't find it or is it an embassy only document?
You apply in the usual way but ask for an Entry ('X') visa type.

AndyD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.