Visa help.

Old Oct 10th 2014, 11:31 am
Just Joined

alwaysomewhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by k800mer
Just did a search in Visa help and found this number, worth a try.

020 7811 3976
thanks for this ....I am now thoroughly unsettled with it all ... good training for returning to Goa I'm sure as we have been away for 6 months and have become all soft and fluffy hahaha
Old Oct 10th 2014, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

see post #6398 here

AndyD 8-)
Old Oct 13th 2014, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Not visa, passport.

I wish to renew my passport. I have an address in Mumbai, Nanan Chambers, Bandra East.

Can any member confirm?

Do I need an appointment?

How is an appointment set up? The automated reply, to the number given, is no help at all.

Been on various sites, but never given a phone number where a human is on the other end.

Davie.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Best not try it in India, by all reports the delays are horrendous.
otoh way back then OH and I stubbornly sat in the BHC Calcutta until the duty officer wrote out her new passport (iirc it was the Saturday before a Holiday Monday). It did take 2 or 3 hours.

AndyD 8-)
Old Oct 14th 2014, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Best not try it in India, by all reports the delays are horrendous.
otoh way back then OH and I stubbornly sat in the BHC Calcutta until the duty officer wrote out her new passport (iirc it was the Saturday before a Holiday Monday). It did take 2 or 3 hours.

AndyD 8-)
Thanks, Andy.
Is anything simple in India?
Point taken and is certainly food for thought.

Davie.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Sent off tourist visa application on Monday pm. Received passport/visa back Saturday am.
Still a pain compared with US online application, & of course much more expensive, but at least its quick these days.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Sent off tourist visa application on Monday pm. Received passport/visa back Saturday am.
Still a pain compared with US online application, & of course much more expensive, but at least its quick these days.

Ditto,

Posted Monday received on Saturday, but at least they are still issuing 6 month T visa's, I pity people who just want to go to Goa/ India for a 2/3 week holiday though.

RofS
Old Nov 24th 2014, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

I have posted some geeky stuff about uploading visa photos/ doc here

AndyD 8-)
Old Apr 16th 2015, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

danbushell is an unknown quantity at this point

E-visa to start for Brits too-will only believe this when it actually happens!!

E-visa facility extended to 31 more countries - The Times of India