My 5 year x visa

Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:16 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice
Default Re: My 5 year x visa

i was meant to be in italy, with my italian belle, but needed here.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Goan_Friend is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope u were just kidding abt 'givin them hell'. may sound like a good idea rite nw...but can very well back fire...
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:31 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
went to outsourcing myself, and yes i got more than stroppy,
it worked.
refuse to leave, until they submit your application.
yes im still in spain.
after being so happy about my 5 year x,
now my old mum, is in hospital, 2 heart attacks.
my old dad has cancer of the colon.
so god knows when i will grace the frro.
give them hell it worked for me.
Steve - I am sure the rest of the forum will join with me to say that our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:08 am
Just Joined

anula is an unknown quantity at this point

i do wonder why few people consider that a good way to get a long term visa is to do some charity work. Employment visas do not have the 180 days limit on them , and it is a marvellous way of helping the community and also fulfilling need for long term visa. There are so many charities around that could hugely benefit from people helping out a couple of hours a day. And it's a sure fire way of getting a great visa.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:55 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anula
i do wonder why few people consider that a good way to get a long term visa is to do some charity work. Employment visas do not have the 180 days limit on them , and it is a marvellous way of helping the community and also fulfilling need for long term visa. There are so many charities around that could hugely benefit from people helping out a couple of hours a day. And it's a sure fire way of getting a great visa.
Puzzled you should recommend that Anula?
All my research tells me that if you are doing charity work UNPAID and on a voluntary basis, you should apply for an "x" visa, not an employment one. This is a good thing as an employment visa costs hundreds of pounds if I am not mistaken?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:03 am
Just Joined

joedixon747 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice story.....
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:03 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Is helping Goas breweries, concidered charity work????.
Only a joke.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:07 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Joe and Anula welcome to the site.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough

hi goan_friend even if steve was in goa he would not have to register with the frro until he has been in the country at least 5 months, registration is before 180 days and the panji frro do not allow you to register until you have been here for over 5 months,
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Employment visas do not cost hundreds of pounds. I think i paid 80 quid for a two year one. I have never had an X visa for doing UNPAID voluntary work. As far as i am aware X visas are not issued anymore? My friends with property tell me this.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:12 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anula
Employment visas do not cost hundreds of pounds. I think i paid 80 quid for a two year one. I have never had an X visa for doing UNPAID voluntary work. As far as i am aware X visas are not issued anymore? My friends with property tell me this.
You do not say whether you work at the Rescue at Assagao, but here is an extract from their visa advice;

Volunteer visa application
1. Apply online (follow the link for VFS Global on www.hcilondon.net) then either make an appointment online to visit the centre in London with a copy of your application signed, and hand in your application form, Passport and £89.04 in cash or postal orders (no cheques and no credit cards although they hope to have credit card payments online soon). If you do this we recommend you use Special delivery £7.40 and ask for Special delivery back to you £7.40.
2. You will then have to return after 3 days to pick up your visa. The applications and passports are delivered to India House each morning and visas are issued as before.
3. The alternative is to apply online and then send in your passport and application form, photos and payment in postal orders. Postal applications can take 2 weeks but they would prefer all of the applications to be done this way.
4. When you apply online select 1 year entry visa one year under the choice for visa type and enclose the letter from me at the same time and these will be checked at India House and 1 year visas will be issued.
5. Use the following details for your Indian references:
1. John Hicks
Animal Tracks, Murdungo Vaddo, Assagao, Mapusa , Bardez , 403 507
Tel : 0091 832 2268328
(you will need to put in the post code and the city / town as Mapusa otherwise it will
not work).
2. Astrid Almeida
IAR, Murdungo Vaddo, Assagao, Mapusa, Bardez, 403 507
Tel : 0091 832 2268328
6. Volunteers who travel to India on a one year multiple entry X visa must ensure they register themselves with the Foreigners Registration Office (FRO) in Panaji within 14 days of arriving in India. The visa will have a stamp stating “Registration required within 14 days of arrival in India”. This is a legal requirement and if not complied with the person could be denied exit from India and be liable for prosecution and / or heavy fines. The FRO is situated at the police head quarters and upon registering volunteers must bring a colour photocopy of their passport and visa, 3 passport photos, proof of residency from landlords and a letter from IAR Goa. After one week a residence permit is issued which must be collected from the FRO. Before leaving Goa the FRO must be notified at least one week prior to departure. Staff at IAR will assist with any queries regarding the registration but it is the responsibility of the volunteers to ensure that the registration is completed. For tourist visas and visas valid for less than 180 days this procedure does not apply.
So as you probably now realise, an "X" visa as it is commonly known, is the same as an "Entry" visa, and neither of them is the same as an "Employment" visa as used by several of my friends who would be delighted to receive a two year one for £80 instead of the hundreds that they have to pay!
Reference to the relevant page on the VFS website;
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visa-fees.aspx
will show you that an employment visa will cost you £285 for six months and £310 for a year. Longer duration is no longer given. This same page will also tell you that at present, your £80 would get you a ONE year entry x whilst a two year would be £135. All these figures are plus VFS's processing fee of £8.86.
Your "friends with property" are misinforming you. "X" visas are being issued as Steve has pointed out earlier in this thread.
Also, your assertion that British can only get 6 month tourist visas (made on India Mike) is incorrect as several members of this forum have obtained ONE YEAR recently, including me.

As they say;
"A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE IS A DANGEROUS THING"

Last edited by johnny five; Jul 9th 2009 at 11:18 am.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Apologies Johhny Five for my outdated info...I can assure you this was the case when i last applied . I do not work in Assagao and incidentally when i had my last visa issued it was an employment visa so this change may be specific to where you suggested i am working or changes made since my last application.

I think my suggesting charity work being a good way to get a visa is valid regardless and something not alot of people may have considered.

im giggling at the tone of your reply, " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" .
Old Jul 10th 2009, 10:40 am
Banned

im giggling at the tone of your reply, " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" .
It was meant to be ambiguous!

No apology needed.

Good luck with Yogi, we rehomed an unwanted bitch with a good local family only yesterday so are fresh out of "good homes" at present. He sounds great but we have two already!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 2:34 am
Just Joined

thanks very much. Im fresh out of homes too, but i'll keep looking! fingers crossed!