British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   My 5 year x visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/my-5-year-x-visa-613886/)

stevebenaulim Jun 9th 2009 3:32 pm

My 5 year x visa

Yes im non Indian origin, british passport holder, returned to Europe
in may with the intention of getting another 5 year x visa, and i just go
it.
In the future i will explain how e.t.c.
My question, as they no longer issue, or very rarely issue the 5 year x visa,
will i have any problems, when i go to our friendly frro office in Panjim????.
I got my visa all legal etc.
Can anyone shred any light, on what i will need to take to Panjim, and what this visa will give me.
I know its my second 5 year x, but not sure if the rules have changed.
Will i need to leave India before my new visa expires, june 2014.
Please any info will be great.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

emsirrah Jun 9th 2009 3:39 pm

Re: My 5 year x visa

Come on then - tell us how you managed that one when no body else can get one even friends who pay taxes in Goa.

a_f_d Jun 9th 2009 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by emsirrah (Post 7648922)
Come on then - tell us how you managed that one when no body else can get one even friends who pay taxes in Goa.

... and why you've been going on about it for the last two years?

AndyD

babu1 Jun 9th 2009 5:42 pm

If this is your second 5 year X visa, as you claim, you should already know full well what conditions apply and what the FRO at Panjim will expect of you.

I would be interested in what information you gave VFS in 'Europe'; what country does that mean then?

Remy-Ireland Jun 9th 2009 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim (Post 7648899)
it.
Can anyone shred any light, on what i will need to take to Panjim, and what this visa will give me.

I wonder if they are indeed starting to relax the visa rules again as tourism last season was down according to their assessment by 25%......which probably means it was down 50%.

I read somewhere that 50% of Goas' annual budget was obtained through tourism so maybe alarm bells are starting to sound.:fingerscrossed:

hemingway Jun 9th 2009 8:14 pm

Yes im non Indian origin, british passport holder, returned to Europe in may with the intention of getting another 5 year x visa, and i just got it. In the future i will explain how e.t.c.

Steve, congratulations on getting your 2nd 5 year X visa - I can't see anyone answering any of your questions until you are prepared to 'spill the beans' as to just HOW you obtained this 'holy grail' of tourist visas.

You are only the 2nd person I've heard of to get one in recent times (well over a year) - the other was a person on India Mike & I don't think he re-surfaced to say EXACTLY HOW he had got his 5 year X visa after stating that he had got it! Hmmmmmm. . . . . . . . . .

Regards

Hemingway

prestonjohn Jun 9th 2009 8:26 pm

How long can you stay in one visit ? Is it 180 days ? 5 years visas were supposed to be issued last year, good for 180 days at one go, then you had to travel over an external border. It was proposed that this sort of visa would do away with all the bollox of having foreigners cluttering up their wonderful police stations......I seem to remember it being discussed on this forum or was indiamike ?

noni Jun 9th 2009 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by hemingway (Post 7649687)
Steve, congratulations on getting your 2nd 5 year X visa - I can't see anyone answering any of your questions until you are prepared to 'spill the beans' as to just HOW you obtained this 'holy grail' of tourist visas.

You are only the 2nd person I've heard of to get one in recent times (well over a year) - the other was a person on India Mike & I don't think he re-surfaced to say EXACTLY HOW he had got his 5 year X visa after stating that he had got it! Hmmmmmm. . . . . . . . . .

Regards

Hemingway

None of us believe the one on India Mike, and all the locals know who it is. If he/she has it, they will still have to leave every 180 days. They say NO, but they do disappear every few months.

hemingway Jun 9th 2009 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by noni (Post 7649754)
None of us believe the one on India Mike, and all the locals know who it is. If he/she has it, they will still have to leave every 180 days. They say NO, but they do disappear every few months.

That's what I meant by: Hmmmmmmmm.............

emsirrah Jun 9th 2009 10:31 pm

If we have to second guess he has a girlfriend in Italy and a place in Spain but said he was in UK recently (on IMike).

jcbrum Jun 10th 2009 6:23 am

it.

I'm travelling through Benaulim tomorrow,so maybe we can meet up and you can show me your new 5 year x visa,and tell me how you got it.As,i'm sure the information would be useful to a lot of people.

John

noni Jun 10th 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by jcbrum (Post 7650893)
I'm travelling through Benaulim tomorrow,so maybe we can meet up and you can show me your new 5 year x visa,and tell me how you got it.As,i'm sure the information would be useful to a lot of people.

John

If you meet up John, will you please let us know. Am due to renew had 5 year x - 2 year. Would be happy to pay for a five year even leaving every 180 days to save the hassle of renewing every year.

stevebenaulim Jun 10th 2009 8:07 am

My promise is that ive got the 5 year x, how, i will tell after ive returned and
registered myself in Panjim, if everyone starts turning up in Panjim before me, pheraps the FRO will get nasty????.
On my first 5 year x, i did just what i wanted after regestration, the question im asking, have they changed any rules, I.E one stay of 180 days or any other changes??.
All i will say, at this time, i got it in the UK, dont bow and scrape to the outsourcing, tell them, what you want, be firm, dont take no for an answer, they are only the gate keepers.
I dont even own a property, just rent.
Any info please.:thumbsup:

mywaygoa Jun 10th 2009 9:21 am

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim (Post 7651146)
My promise is that ive got the 5 year x, how, i will tell after ive returned and
registered myself in Panjim, if everyone starts turning up in Panjim before me, pheraps the FRO will get nasty????.
On my first 5 year x, i did just what i wanted after regestration, the question im asking, have they changed any rules, I.E one stay of 180 days or any other changes??.
All i will say, at this time, i got it in the UK, dont bow and scrape to the outsourcing, tell them, what you want, be firm, dont take no for an answer, they are only the gate keepers.
I dont even own a property, just rent.
Any info please.:thumbsup:

hi congratulations, they seem at the consulate to be giving like for like. we had 2 yr x and got 2 yr x
the rules for registration are still the same just the amount photocopies of everything change from time to time, when we applied for our residency last which was september we had to have 3 photos, 1 colour copy of visa and passport, (friend had to give black and white copy too depends on quality of colour copy) i would take both, and a copy of your leave and lease if you have one or proof of address.
also the police will not sign you in until you have been here at least 5 months the registration is require before 6 month or 180 days

and to people that wondered re 180's
the x visa and the student visa does not have any stipulation, this is also in black and white on the vfs visa information.

emsirrah Jun 10th 2009 9:38 am

No they are not giving like for like - cut our 2yearx down to 1 yearx and last week cut that down to a 1 year with the 180 days stipulation on it.
Friends who live full time "as legal as possible" own property, pay taxes etc etc have had 2 5yearx's were give the same as us. So it depends on who picks up your envelope it seems.

Don't think you will be caught in the rush at Panjim Steve as there only seems to be 2 of you that can stay more than 180 days next season unless you are on your old visa like noni.