British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   My 5 year x visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/my-5-year-x-visa-613886/)

mywaygoa Jun 9th 2009 9:50 pm

Re: My 5 year x visa

Originally Posted by emsirrah (Post 7651357)
No they are not giving like for like - cut our 2yearx down to 1 yearx and last week cut that down to a 1 year with the 180 days stipulation on it.
Friends who live full time "as legal as possible" own property, pay taxes etc etc have had 2 5yearx's were give the same as us. So it depends on who picks up your envelope it seems.

Don't think you will be caught in the rush at Panjim Steve as there only seems to be 2 of you that can stay more than 180 days next season unless you are on your old visa like noni.

did they give you an x visa this time though.
also we have friends that have applied for extension of visa here and have not been refused, just given the extension applied for letter/stamp like they used to do yrs ago
i agree with you though panjim is not that busy anymore!!

a_f_d Jun 9th 2009 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by emsirrah (Post 7651357)
No they are not giving like for like - cut our 2yearx down to 1 yearx and last week cut that down to a 1 year with the 180 days stipulation on it.

An 'X' with a 180 day restriction - never heard of it, in fact it doesn't make sense to have a limit on an Entry visa.

AndyD 8-)#

wen Jun 9th 2009 10:28 pm

Well done Steve on your 5yr x. My Friend got a 5 yr x visa no stipulations. She has had 2 5yr ones before. And I have seen it, she went to Birmingham.:wub:

emsirrah Jun 9th 2009 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 7651424)
An 'X' with a 180 day restriction - never heard of it, in fact it doesn't make sense to have a limit on an Entry visa.

AndyD 8-)#

I wrote that previously we had x visas - not this time just a 1 year visa.
It says on it -

Type - T
Date of Issue - 24th May 09
Date of Expiry - 24th May 10 Multiple entry.
Stay during each visit not to exceed 180 days

On other visas we came and went as we liked during the duration of the visas like last year on our 1yr x we went into Goa in September and did not leave until May of this year.

a_f_d Jun 9th 2009 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by emsirrah (Post 7651509)
I wrote that previously we had x visas - not this time just a 1 year visa.
It says on it -

Type - T
Date of Issue - 24th May 09
Date of Expiry - 24th May 10 Multiple entry.
Stay during each visit not to exceed 180 days

On other visas we came and went as we liked during the duration of the visas like last year on our 1yr x we went into Goa in September and did not leave until May of this year.

Bad luck - did you pay for an 'X'?

AndyD 8-)#

emsirrah Jun 10th 2009 7:35 am

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 7651645)
Bad luck - did you pay for an 'X'?

AndyD 8-)#

£117.72 for 2 = £58.86 each. This was the only option on the year visa.
plus about £10 for what used to be or is still called - registered envelopes.

noni Jun 10th 2009 7:40 am

Originally Posted by emsirrah (Post 7653115)
£117.72 for 2 = £58.86 each. This was the only option on the year visa.
plus about £10 for what used to be or is still called - registered envelopes.

What happens to those who cannot fill their forms on the internet?
Can you still download the old forms and fill them in by hand.

hemingway Jun 10th 2009 7:46 am

Originally Posted by noni (Post 7653122)
What happens to those who cannot fill their forms on the internet? Can you still download the old forms and fill them in by hand.

Yes, hand written forms 'were' acceptable until recently & I've not seen anything contrary to that - ALL postal applications now have to go Hayes (I think) instead of going to whichever office your county of residence came under the jurisdiction of!

Biggest fun & games are visa surgeries - haven't heard from anyone who has actually been to one to confirm they do actually take place AND whether the visa is issued on the day like it used to be OR if the 'consular visits' (as they are now called) are just a 'receiving centre' for applications, passports & fees that are returned by post at a later date!

Regards

Hemingway.

noni Jun 10th 2009 7:54 am

Originally Posted by hemingway (Post 7653134)
Yes, hand written forms 'were' acceptable until recently & I've not seen anything contrary to that - ALL postal applications now have to go Hayes (I think) instead of going to whichever office your county of residence came under the jurisdiction of!

Biggest fun & games are visa surgeries - haven't heard from anyone who has actually been to one to confirm they do actually take place AND whether the visa is issued on the day like it used to be OR if the 'consular visits' (as they are now called) are just a 'receiving centre' for applications, passports & fees that are returned by post at a later date!

Regards

Hemingway.

What's the point of opening one in say Cardiff if they only take in your application form and not actually issue the visa. Just another indian pecularity.:sneaky:

a_f_d Jun 10th 2009 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by hemingway (Post 7653134)
...Biggest fun & games are visa surgeries - haven't heard from anyone who has actually been to one to confirm they do actually take place AND whether the visa is issued on the day like it used to be OR if the 'consular visits' (as they are now called) are just a 'receiving centre' for applications, passports & fees that are returned by post at a later date!

Regards

Hemingway.

And they have completely disappeared from the HCI site.

AndyD 8-)#

noni Jun 10th 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 7653905)
And they have completely disappeared from the HCI site.

AndyD 8-)#

Well I was expecting you to tell me to look at the site, I did last night. Thought I was overtired could not find the Cardiff one - nor a download for a visa form - got completely confused gave up. Why do the Indians make everything so difficult. :banghead: :banghead:

I don't believe anybody who says they have a five year visa - think they are all winding people up.

emsirrah Jun 10th 2009 5:48 pm

Just found this on Nottingham visa site - last week was assured it would go ahead.

URGENT NOTICE - VISA SURGERY SUSPENDED

Due to unavoidable circumstances the Indian High Commission has temporarily suspended the two visa surgeries planned to take place at The ICCA in 2009.

The first of two dates publicised for a visa surgery was Saturday 27th June. The ICCA strongly recommends that anyone who had planned to attend the June surgery should visit The ICCA offices as soon as possible and obtain their visa via the standard process as detailed below (please note the turn-around times).

emsirrah Jun 10th 2009 8:16 pm

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/offilne-app.aspx

Application form url - for off line (hand written) application for visa.

noni Jun 10th 2009 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by emsirrah (Post 7654688)
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/offilne-app.aspx

Application form url - for off line (hand written) application for visa.

Thanks for that. See Cardiff is in there,(for what good it is) and the other offices.

stevebenaulim Jun 10th 2009 9:15 pm

I am not winding anyone up, ive got my 5 year x, starts june 09, expires june 2014, if anyone dosnt believe me, turn up in Benaulim, when i get back, and for a huge side bet i will show you it.
Just hope the FRO office wont give me no hassle??.
Thanks for any advice,:thumbsup: