Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Originally Posted by Mzee
In that case I apologise Helene. I am sorry but as Noni says that is what Goa has done to us. I will e-mail shortly.
No problem Mzee now we know we all need to get writing as before bullet point of our problems. I need to know a venue as soon as anyone as this information can you post it on here.I am rallying again to get as many as possible at the meeting
GC
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
No problem Mzee now we know we all need to get writing as before bullet point of our problems. I need to know a venue as soon as anyone as this information can you post it on here.I am rallying again to get as many as possible at the meeting
GC
I will e-mail all the contacts that I have too and try and get them there. Hopefully given the time of year there should be more people there. Its a shame it isn't December or else we would be there. I will send ann e-mail to her this evening. Lets hope that this will be the start of a solution to all the problems everyone has
Old Oct 12th 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Helene will become famous soon enoughHelene will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mzee
In that case I apologise Helene. I am sorry but as Noni says that is what Goa has done to us. I will e-mail shortly.
That's ok. I can understand, can't understand why anyone would joke about such things though! I just hope enough people send in their bullet points so a clear picture can be taken and an idea of actually how many people are in this situation and what their problems are. As soon as things are finalised I will post the info for you all.
Best, Helene
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:04 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helene
That's ok. I can understand, can't understand why anyone would joke about such things though! I just hope enough people send in their bullet points so a clear picture can be taken and an idea of actually how many people are in this situation and what their problems are. As soon as things are finalised I will post the info for you all.
Best, Helene
Thanks Helene
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Helene
Best, Helene
Hi Helene
I sent in my bullet points when we got wind of a meeting in south Goa last month to the e-mail address you posted.It seemed the meeting was a location or something meeting and the property issues were not really mentioned but I heard from someone who attended the meeting that there would be another meeting this month.Then we heard on here it had been cancelled.Is this meeting now really going to take place to address the issues we are suffering at the hands of the Goan Government and their officials .
I can re-send my bullets points or will my e-mail I sent last month be taken into account.Please let me know.

There have been people on this site in the past that would post this sort of thing as a joke.I think Noni would confirm this,people who rebble in other peoples misery
Thank you for bringing this brilliant news to us.Maybe I can get a nights sleep now
GC
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi Helene
I sent in my bullet points when we got wind of a meeting in south Goa last month to the e-mail address you posted.It seemed the meeting was a location or something meeting and the property issues were not really mentioned but I heard from someone who attended the meeting that there would be another meeting this month.Then we heard on here it had been cancelled.Is this meeting now really going to take place to address the issues we are suffering at the hands of the Goan Government and their officials .
I can re-send my bullets points or will my e-mail I sent last month be taken into account.Please let me know.

There have been people on this site in the past that would post this sort of thing as a joke.I think Noni would confirm this,people who rebble in other peoples misery
Thank you for bringing this brilliant news to us.Maybe I can get a nights sleep now
GC
Hi GC
Yes there were two Outreach meetings, one in Panjim (I was on the reception desk) and one in the South. The idea is to get people to actually register on LOCATE. This serves many purposes, primarily to be able to help in times of dire emergency but also for issues such as mailing people with information such as the forthcoming meeting. Sadly not many people have registered and the FRO info is not very accurate so with that in mind we thought this forum a good way of contacting Brits in Goa. Those on the LOCATE mailing list will get a message about the meeting. This is the site for those that have yet to register.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...ng-safe/Locate I would definetly re fwd your email - especially since the meeting is now on and Ms Treadwell has asked for information. Obviously she wont be able to take up individual cases at the meeting but if you have emailed ahead she will have read through and have a broad base picture of what has happened and what is happening (or not as the case may be). But like all these things it depends how many people actually take the plunge and put their story forward, and how many people actually show up for the meeting. Best, Helene
Old Oct 13th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Lewys has a spectacular aura aboutLewys has a spectacular aura aboutLewys has a spectacular aura about

What about protesting outside the Indian embassy in London - get some publicity!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Maybe i'm being a bit thick but whats the correct address to register and it seems incomplete to many cocktails on Boracay Island !!!! sorry
Will you please keep us posted on any developments for those of us who cant attend.... thank you
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lewys
What about protesting outside the Indian embassy in London - get some publicity!!
Very unlikely Lewis, there would not be enough fancy dress shops to provide the disguises.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Daff
Very unlikely Lewis, there would not be enough fancy dress shops to provide the disguises.
How about chaining oneself to Downing St clad only in stockings,suspender belt, with an orange in your mouth ? Hang on... just thought might get mistaken for an MP... !

Back to serious stuff, any more info on time and venue yet ?

K-C
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

We won't be in Goa on 22 October but will email Ms Treadwell with our concerns.

Have also let our friends in Goa know about the meeting
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
How about chaining oneself to Downing St clad only in stockings,suspender belt, with an orange in your mouth ? Hang on... just thought might get mistaken for an MP... !

K-C
Until it is known how many people are attending a venue is hard to book. Please confirm on that email id or by calling the office whether or not you will be able to attend - obviously even if you can't come for the meeting she still needs to know how many people this pertains to, so your bullet points are important. - TY, Helene.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Any idea if this would be North or South Goa please?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kan-conned

K-C
hell no the thought of you K-C in stocking and suspender don't bare thinking about,mind you it would certainly get some media
away you go mate
GC
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:29 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

hell no the thought of you K-C in stocking and suspender don't bare thinking about,mind you it would certainly get some media away you go mate GC
GC56, K-C's memory is failing him/her, he/she should have the 'pair of tights' over his/her head & the ligature round his/her kneck before he/she puts the orange in his/her mouth, that's the 'Millican' way. . . . . . . . . . (which obviously I read about somewhere or someone told me about - I've no experience of asphyxiation & the heightening of sexual pleasure. . . . . . .).

H.

Last edited by hemingway; Oct 14th 2009 at 8:05 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.