Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Helene will become famous soon enoughHelene will become famous soon enough
Default Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Hello Everyone, I am a Warden for the BDHC Goa, I have been asked in that capacity to post the following message from Vicki Treadell. I have popped a copy on another thread but think this deserves its own.

To give Ms Treadell a real idea of what your problems are and how you need help please email:- [email protected] Please use facts and bullet points - this information will be vital before her visit.

For any further info with regard to the meeting please call 2438897 or 2438734

Many thanks, Helene

===============================================

"Message from The British Deputy High Commssioner, Mumbai
I have seen recent exchanges about whether my visit to Goa is taking place.
I can confirm that I will be visiting Goa on 22 October to meet those of you within the British Community who would like to discuss issues of concern with me. I will confirm the venue nearer the date but I can advise you now that the proposed meeting will commence at 6pm that day.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet as many of you as possible. I am looking forward to hearing more about the problems you are facing and will be honest with you about what we can and what we cannot do.
I am particularly interested to hear about cases where British Citizens have acted entirely within all national and state laws, yet are still facing difficulties. I would also like to hear about cases where you believe the Indian Authorities themselves may not be acting within the law.
We have raised the general issues many of you have exchanged views on, whether this is discrimination against British Citizens, or illegal acts by Indian Authorities, or illegal practices by unscrupulous lawyers/estate agents/officials, at both State & Federal Government level. The more detailed evidence and specific examples that we have, the more convincing our arguments will be on your behalf in pursuing the generic issues of concern. However, individual cases will still need to be pursued by the individuals concerned themselves through the framework provided for within Indian law.
I look forward to our meeting and will leave further interaction and comment till then.
Vicki Treadell"
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

That's good to hear,at least she will meet people face to face to discuss various property issues.Maybe the continued pressure from this site is making them finaly stand up and do something.

John
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jcbrum;8009954]That's good to hear,at least she will meet people face to face to discuss various property issues.Maybe the continued pressure from this site is making them finaly stand up and do something.

John[/QUOTE

Excellent News I was beginnig to think we had been deserted
I will rally as many people as possible to attend the meeting when I know the date and time
Best news I have had in a week
GC
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:21 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Goacrazy56;8010112]
Originally Posted by jcbrum
That's good to hear,at least she will meet people face to face to discuss various property issues.Maybe the continued pressure from this site is making them finaly stand up and do something.

John[/QUOTE

I will rally as many people as possible to attend the meeting when I know the date and time
GC
22nd of October, at 6pm. Its the venue that still has to be decided.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Goacrazy56;8010112]
Originally Posted by jcbrum

John[/QUOTE

GC
Sorry to sound so cynical .. but would the Deputy High Commissioner really put a message on this forum ? I don't want to offend and it may be a genuine message, but after doing some digging around, that e-mail address isn't even close to the e-mail address for the High Commission in Mumbai which is on their website :-
[email protected]
Now again it may be a genuine post but surely any e-mail address for the High Commision's offices would end in fco.gov.uk ?
And the telephone numbers don't tie up with the nr for the Consulate in Panjim or Mumbai.
I apologise in advance but I am so cynical with anything now with Goa that I would be careful before sending off your personal details to any e-mail address that you weren't sure of. If I am wrong then my apologies but I can't even find notification of the meeting on their website but perhaps we are not that important
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

T

Last edited by emsirrah; Oct 12th 2009 at 12:58 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=johnny five;8010152]
Originally Posted by Goacrazy56

22nd of October, at 6pm. Its the venue that still has to be decided.
Thanks J Ill start tonight e-mailing all my contacts to put it in their diary.I have a feeling it might be the same place as last time.
Do you think I should contact Nicci from the times and let her know I can easliy e-mail her
GC
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:43 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mzee;8010166]

Sorry to sound so cynical .. but would the Deputy High Commissioner really put a message on this forum ? I don't want to offend and it may be a genuine message, but after doing some digging around, that e-mail address isn't even close to the e-mail address for the High Commission in Mumbai which is on their website :-
[email protected]
Now again it may be a genuine post but surely any e-mail address for the High Commision's offices would end in fco.gov.uk ?
And the telephone numbers don't tie up with the nr for the Consulate in Panjim or Mumbai.
I apologise in advance but I am so cynical with anything now with Goa that I would be careful before sending off your personal details to any e-mail address that you weren't sure of. If I am wrong then my apologies but I can't even find notification of the meeting on their website but perhaps we are not that important

PERHAPS HELENE COULD PUT SOMETHING ONTO THE SITE WHICH PROVES THAT THIS POST IS GENUINElLY FROM THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION - SUCH AS A LINK WHICH CAN BE CHECKED OUT.
I am told that tehre is a UK assistance place in Panjim, will try to find out more.

Dread
x
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Mzee;8010166]

[email protected]
I think Mzee could be right I was so delighted that the meeting was back on that I took it for granted that this was genuine.It could be a practical joke.
Thanks Mzee for boarding on the edge caution
I also agree with Dread can the person give us some confirmation that this is a genuine meet.
I will call my contact in Goa who held the last meeting and see if he can confirm anything.
GC
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:00 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Goacrazy56;8010358]
Originally Posted by Mzee

I think Mzee could be right I was so delighted that the meeting was back on that I took it for granted that this was genuine.It could be a practical joke.
Thanks Mzee for boarding on the edge caution
I also agree with Dread can the person give us some confirmation that this is a genuine meet.
I will call my contact in Goa who held the last meeting and see if he can confirm anything.
GC
Have had many pm's from you all. Have pm'd Helene to ask her to verify her details.

Hopefully she is a friend, and not a foe!
It is so sad that we dont take things at face value any more, but that sadly is what Goa has done for us.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Hi, The email address given is that of the British tourists assistance office at our consulate in Panjim. Check out this this Foreign Office website link which shows the email address quoted.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...ssistance--goa
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Veritas1
Hi, The email address given is that of the British tourists assistance office at our consulate in Panjim. Check out this this Foreign Office website link which shows the email address quoted.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...ssistance--goa
In that case I apologise Helene. I am sorry but as Noni says that is what Goa has done to us. I will e-mail shortly.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:38 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I apologise Helene. I am sorry but as Noni says that is what Goa has done to us. I will e-mail shortly.
I know what you mean, I used to be paranoid, now I don't trust anybody.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Mzee;8010166]

[email protected]
The message is genuine,i had a phone call earlier today asking me to contact the High Commission re a message to put on this site.However by the time i phoned them they had already asked Helene to put the message on here.

John
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:43 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Veritas.You have put my mind at rest. Apologies Helene - I now welcome your post.
Guys this is great news. Makes the Save Goa poll and appeal for your stories even more significant now.

Dread - with hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.