Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Helene will become famous soon enoughHelene will become famous soon enough
Default Venue for meeting with British Deputy High Commissioner

Hello again everyone,

Here is an update from the British Deputy High Commissioner, Vicki Treadell.

"As promised I can now confirm that the venue for my meeting with the British Community in Goa on Thursday 22 October, 1800-1930, will be the Cidade de Goa Hotel. I recognise many of you will have to travel some distance but please rest assured that your efforts to attend will be much appreciated. I look forward to meeting many of you then."

Thanks all,
Helene
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Venue for meeting with British Deputy High Commissioner

hmm - I do wonder if Cidade de Goa is the most tactful choice.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helene
Hello again everyone,

Here is an update from the British Deputy High Commissioner, Vicki Treadell.

"As promised I can now confirm that the venue for my meeting with the British Community in Goa on Thursday 22 October, 1800-1930, will be the Cidade de Goa Hotel. I recognise many of you will have to travel some distance but please rest assured that your efforts to attend will be much appreciated. I look forward to meeting many of you then."

Thanks all,
Helene
Hi Helene,
How are you avertising the venue in Goa not everyone comes on this site,Ill send it out to as many people as possible where is this hotle I have read enough about it but I don't know where it is
Thanks
GC
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: Message from British Deputy High Commissioner

Cidade de Goa is just past Dona Paula. Instead of turning down the road to DP jetty carry on - probably signposted.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Cidade de Goa is just past Dona Paula. Instead of turning down the road to DP jetty carry on - probably signposted.
Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:03 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Please can one of you in Goa see if you can sort out for the Meeting to be advertised in the Herald so that other FN's can be informed - this is the reply one of our members got to-day.

The Herald needs verification from HC that this Meeting is going to take place.

"We have received no official communication on this meeting from the Deputy High Commission. We tried to contact the Deputy High Commission in Mumbai to verify this, but were unable to. So I regret we won't be able to publish this in tomorrow's newspaper unless we can verify it".

Ashwin Tombat
Editor

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by noni

Please can one of you in Goa see if you can sort out for the Meeting to be advertised in the Herald so that other FN's can be informed - this is the reply one of our members got to-day.

The Herald needs verification from HC that this Meeting is going to take place.

"We have received no official communication on this meeting from the Deputy High Commission. We tried to contact the Deputy High Commission in Mumbai to verify this, but were unable to. So I regret we won't be able to publish this in tomorrow's newspaper unless we can verify it".

Ashwin Tombat
Editor

Thanks
Thanks for advising us Noni !

Can or has anyone contacted the Herald urgently to verify this meeting so to alert others who may not be expat members ?

At least the Herald is trying to get this announced
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Hi Helene,
How are you avertising the venue in Goa not everyone comes on this site,Ill send it out to as many people as possible where is this hotel I have read enough about it but I don't know where it is
Thanks
GC

I asked the same question the other day K-C of Helene but got no answer I have sent out to all in Goa i know so over to others now
GC
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Default Re:Any feed back from the meeting

Hi if anyone went to the meeting,can they give us any feed back on what happened
Thanks
GC
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:29 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any feed back from the meeting

Hi if anyone went to the meeting,can they give us any feed back on what happened
Thanks
GC
They will all be in bed now
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

They will all be in bed now
They are lucky they can sleep,I'm on the visa run tomorrow Ihave been wound up like a spring all day.I keep thinking this is just not worth all the grief,worry or upset. is it?
GC
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:47 pm

They are lucky they can sleep,I'm on the visa run tomorrow Ihave been wound up like a spring all day.I keep thinking this is just not worth all the grief,worry or upset. is it?
GC
You will be o.k. - they have many on pins so they have their quoto for this month.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

You will be o.k. - they have many on pins so they have their quoto for this month.
Do you mean safety pins
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:59 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

They are lucky they can sleep,I'm on the visa run tomorrow Ihave been wound up like a spring all day.I keep thinking this is just not worth all the grief,worry or upset. is it? GC
Good Luck GC, I've got to do ours yet & now there's the added problem of the Royal Mail - so it looks like an on-line application for me in the next couple of weeks followed by a 300 mile round trip to my 'local' () VFS Indian Visa Application centre, then the time spent after that joyously awaiting the outcome - my sense of un-ease has been heightened by the recent postings of "niccidean"

H.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:04 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

I wonder, if they have a target rate for rejections & referrals?

In fairness, when you look at the visa application form for UK citizens wanting to visit India, compared with the visa application forms for Indian citizens wanting to visit the UK, then that aspect of the process for US is very easy in comparison.

H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.