Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old May 12th 2009, 9:18 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by babu1
hemingway; the demolition case in Colva to which I think you might be referring was a Swiss/ Austrian couple who watched their beach side villa being knocked down late 2007/early 2008.
Thanks for the background information - at least it confirms what was said to me as being reasonably accurate - as for the cidade de goa - it proves two things:

1) It's not what you know - it's who you know!

2) Money talks!

Nothing new there then!

Regards

Hemingway
Old May 12th 2009, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Why do you think the BJP will be good for foreigners? - we aren't Hindus, and the BJP don't even like non-Hindu Indians.

AndyD 8-)#
I agree that there are some BJP representatives that don't like non-Hindus .. but the BJP party is more aware of the pressing needs of India than Congress in my view (for what its worth). The Congress party use the term 'aam aadmi' (common man) and promote the Gandhi family consistently to get votes. Since they came to power in Goa they have done nothing for the people and in fact have encouraged divide amongst the community. A classic example is their agenda against FNs, which I should point out is simply to get votes from that little section of the Goan community who moaned about a few FNs.
Most of the roads,street lighting, infrastructure and development that we have in South Goa took place during the time of the BJP. You only have to look at the state of Gujarat to see what the BJP have done. Narendra Modi for all his sins had promised to make it the richest state in India when BJP came to power. It now is and brings in the majority of foreign investments. Gujarat is flourishing, has every mod-con that you get in the UK/US and has motorways like we have in the UK. They don't get power cuts like we do in Goa and they don't intimdate asnd bully outsiders. The BJP have enccouraged and protected foreign investments. Its a shame that Gujarat doesn't have a little Goa and is a dry state, or else we could all go and invest there and stuff these bullies !! Sorry to go on but thats just my view
Old May 12th 2009, 10:19 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mzee
I agree that there are some BJP representatives that don't like non-Hindus .. but the BJP party is more aware of the pressing needs of India than Congress in my view (for what its worth). The Congress party use the term 'aam aadmi' (common man) and promote the Gandhi family consistently to get votes. Since they came to power in Goa they have done nothing for the people and in fact have encouraged divide amongst the community. A classic example is their agenda against FNs, which I should point out is simply to get votes from that little section of the Goan community who moaned about a few FNs.
Most of the roads,street lighting, infrastructure and development that we have in South Goa took place during the time of the BJP. You only have to look at the state of Gujarat to see what the BJP have done. Narendra Modi for all his sins had promised to make it the richest state in India when BJP came to power. It now is and brings in the majority of foreign investments. Gujarat is flourishing, has every mod-con that you get in the UK/US and has motorways like we have in the UK. They don't get power cuts like we do in Goa and they don't intimdate asnd bully outsiders. The BJP have enccouraged and protected foreign investments. Its a shame that Gujarat doesn't have a little Goa and is a dry state, or else we could all go and invest there and stuff these bullies !! Sorry to go on but thats just my view
Agree with you - but a motorway! Wow.
Old May 12th 2009, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mzee I rest my case I have been doing a lot of reading and reseach into this party BJP and if I could vote they would have mine.
Even our catholic friends are voting for BJP as they are sick of Congress and their false promises:thu mbup:
Old May 12th 2009, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by noni
Agree with you - but a motorway! Wow.
yes ..six lane motorways with no potholes, no cows, motorbikes, cyclists nor traffic jams.
Old May 14th 2009, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

yes ..six lane motorways with no potholes, no cows, motorbikes, cyclists nor traffic jams.
... and the train burnings were just a freak accident - right?

AndyD
Old May 14th 2009, 1:30 am
Account Closed

... and the train burnings were just a freak accident - right?

AndyD
Hi Andy I don't understand your last comment mate I think we were talking about Improvements in a state that the BJP got in.They put six lane motorways in.
What has the train burning got to do with this? are you blaming the BJP???
I don't see the relevance of your post regarding Improvements to India that the BJP have made????

Last edited by Goacrazy56; May 14th 2009 at 1:32 am.
Old May 15th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Thanks Mzee I rest my case I have been doing a lot of reading and reseach into this party BJP and if I could vote they would have mine.
Even our catholic friends are voting for BJP as they are sick of Congress and their false promises:thu mbup:
If you where hoping for the BJP to win then you will be dissapointed with todays headlines.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...00905315282911

Remy
Old May 15th 2009, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
If you where hoping for the BJP to win then you will be dissapointed with todays headlines.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...00905315282911

Remy
Yes thanks we have been watching the results this is disappointing for us but also for Goa Cong will do nothing to bring India into the 21st century.We have no chance now of getting our deeds:frow n:
Old May 15th 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Hi Andy I don't understand your last comment mate I think we were talking about Improvements in a state that the BJP got in.They put six lane motorways in.
What has the train burning got to do with this? are you blaming the BJP???
I don't see the relevance of your post regarding Improvements to India that the BJP have made????
improvements (or otherwise) seem to depend on the calibre of individual politicians rather than their parties.
Delhi also has good, modern (if crowded) roads and the Metro is an enourmous success. This thanks to the Sheela Dikshit (Congress) government - and why it was re-elected by a big margin.
I really don't understand why people are believing that the 'hindutva' BJP will help foreigners.
As to suspects in the train burning - see link

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. in my opinion the best hope for the Centre making States like Goa toe the line on Union law (and put a clear stop to agitations for 'special status') would be a stronger Centre that is less dependent on regional factions.

Last edited by a_f_d; May 15th 2009 at 9:27 pm.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

improvements (or otherwise) seem to depend on the calibre of individual politicians rather than their parties.
Delhi also has good, modern (if crowded) roads and the Metro is an enourmous success. This thanks to the Sheela Dikshit (Congress) government - and why it was re-elected by a big margin.
I really don't understand why people are believing that the 'hindutva' BJP will help foreigners.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. in my opinion the best hope for the Centre making States like Goa toe the line on Union law (and put a clear stop to agitations for 'special status') would be a stronger Centre that is less dependent on regional factions.
Edward Dowling said:
The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it. [1941]

I think the same could be applied to India at present and dare i even say the UK.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:53 am
Account Closed

AndyD 8-)#

I stilll don't understand the relevance of bring the train burning into it we were talking about Improvements to India???
I strongly believe that now Congress have got back into Post you can kiss your deeds goodbye.
I had it on good authority that if BJP got in they would stop all this cr*p about foreigners registering their property that as long as they had followed FEMA then the Sub-registrar would be open for us.
It was the Congress that sent out the circular to the sub-registers not to register Foreigner property under any circumstances.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Rnjn is an unknown quantity at this point

This was for the centre. Which Government is in power in Goa......That';s what will make the difference...I guess state elections will make the difference for Goa.....
I stilll don't understand the relevance of bring the train burning into it we were talking about Improvements to India???
I strongly believe that now Congress have got back into Post you can kiss your deeds goodbye.
I had it on good authority that if BJP got in they would stop all this cr*p about foreigners registering their property that as long as they had followed FEMA then the Sub-registrar would be open for us.
It was the Congress that sent out the circular to the sub-registers not to register Foreigner property under any circumstances.
Old May 16th 2009, 6:14 pm
Banned

bagaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mrs em , - First things first ,
1. You are not entitled to vote in India -- but you continually bump your gums -- You can vote in your own Unite d Kingdom
2.Mrs em - India is at the highest levels trying so hard to be an international player - unfortunately for people who have been lied to and mis-led , in the state of Goa , Delhi , try so hard , but Goa , keeps moving the posts
3. Your good authority -- Laughing so hard , -- This may seem harsh advice , but correct me if I am wrong --- oh so connected 1 , -- Divorce your partners , in India --- and then use the legal laws of property , in India
ie just state your claim to " heritable " and to make it really good , register a complaint against your partner --- "automatic 14/18 mth " extenstion to visa ---

Bagaboy , still fighting for Europeans --- still LMAO - all the 1s that are claiming this government assistance , ie the winter heating allowance , and the 1s that are claiming cripple benefit , SHAME ON YOU ,
Old May 16th 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

SuckSeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bagaboy
Hi Mrs em , - First things firstually bump your - all the 1s that are claiming this government assistance , ie the winter heating allowance , and the 1s that are claiming cripple benefit , SHAME ON YOU ,
bagaboy
The SHAME should be on you for making derogatory remarks about people with disabilities.

If you are in the UK, you are liable under the Disability Discrimination Act.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.