Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:40 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by johnny five
Quite so! I was planning on a little real ale during my time back in the UK, but am not so sure now. Soda water is looking a lot more affordable and I have grown to like it.

Thought I'd bring them back an eiderdown, they would have someting in common then?
Soda water!!! Not in a pub you won't at the price you may as well have real ale.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Kan-conned;7528658]Bagaboy !

Indian Law v British Law .. you have got to be joking ! Ours isn't perfect I know but its no were near the Indian corruption levels.

ADDENDUM !

Not forgetting : Keith Vaz V Churchill Alemao.. ( ooh, erm, oh dear, yep I suppose I'd better give you that one BaggyBoy !)
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:32 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Kan-conned;7529964]
Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Bagaboy !

Indian Law v British Law .. you have got to be joking ! Ours isn't perfect I know but its no were near the Indian corruption levels.

ADDENDUM !

Not forgetting : Keith Vaz V Churchill Alemao.. ( ooh, erm, oh dear, yep I suppose I'd better give you that one BaggyBoy !)
So right - fed up with our politicians but you can see that some are money grabbing, and lying /.//////
but they can't change the goal posts like the Goan ones, personally would let ALL the Gurkas in to the UK, and send all the illegals back on the next flight. We are not a charity. We welcomed Churchill and he has given us the two fingers and Vaz does not even reply to our emails for help.;:curse:
Old May 7th 2009, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not only are we Riff Raff but infected Riff Raff now.
Will they stop at nothing to blame the tourist for every bl**dy problem they have in Goa:curse::curse:

http://www.calcuttanews.net/story/498771
Old May 7th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Not only are we Riff Raff but infected Riff Raff now.
Will they stop at nothing to blame the tourist for every bl**dy problem they have in Goa:curse::curse:

http://www.calcuttanews.net/story/498771
Did I read a different article? I read that it was NOT tourism spreading Aids but migrant labour.
Old May 7th 2009, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by k800mer
Did I read a different article? I read that it was NOT tourism spreading Aids but migrant labour.
No you read the same article but if you read it the tourist was first blamed for the increase of AID/HIV until this organisation did the statistics.Please read it again

Speaking to reporters earlier Pradip Padwal, project director at GSACS, said that Goa clocked nearly three cases a day of people being infected with AIDS. Padwal maintained that tourism was responsible for the rise in HIV/AIDS cases.

Last edited by Goacrazy56; May 7th 2009 at 10:16 pm. Reason: Posted para from article
Old May 8th 2009, 12:42 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
No you read the same article but if you read it the tourist was first blamed for the increase of AID/HIV until this organisation did the statistics.Please read it again

Speaking to reporters earlier Pradip Padwal, project director at GSACS, said that Goa clocked nearly three cases a day of people being infected with AIDS. Padwal maintained that tourism was responsible for the rise in HIV/AIDS cases.

:curse::curse: Words fail me. www.dailymail.co.uk.
'Queens medal of honour scrapped because it is to Christian for Muslims and Hindus'.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

noni,
your link took me to some dreadful rag obsessed by the Beckhams, but looking further this seems to be about Trinidad & Tobago, and something called the Trinity Cross - a name which could quite reasonably upset non-christians.

... or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
... or has the Daily Mail blown up a non-story out of all proportion?

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 8th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

The Daily Mail is obsessed by the Beckhams, the Linekars, Jordan et al and does get all stories out of proportion unless it is anything to do with real problems. i.e. the ones in which we are inolved.
Have sent them links to stories, emails etc and have not heard a word back from them and nothing in their so called newspaper.
Old May 8th 2009, 6:05 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emsirrah
The Daily Mail is obsessed by the Beckhams, the Linekars, Jordan et al and does get all stories out of proportion unless it is anything to do with real problems. i.e. the ones in which we are inolved.
Have sent them links to stories, emails etc and have not heard a word back from them and nothing in their so called newspaper.
I can't stand the daily mail - it pretends to be respectable & it's worse than the bl**dy Sun - best buy that instead, at least it doesn't pretend to be anything other than the rag it is! Still like the Times on a Saturday & Sunday though - read it Mon, Tues & Weds evening - good value!

Have a happy weekend

Hemingway.
Old May 8th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Back in UK now and only read these newspapers online - goodness me - about 60p for a paper and over a quid for a loaf of bread - will be underfed by next week, only get on the internet due to sons router.
Old May 8th 2009, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

Back in UK now and only read these newspapers online - goodness me - about 60p for a paper and over a quid for a loaf of bread - will be underfed by next week, only get on the internet due to sons router.
Yet they say food is cheaper than it as ever been ?,I don't think.
Thank goodness for son's
Old May 8th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Goacrazy
Thank goodness for son's[/QUOTE]

That's a laugh GC - he lives in our "rent out" house but not seen a penny of it for years - comes to Goa for Xmas and NY etc for about 6 weeks at our expense but at least we get free internet in the UK
Old May 8th 2009, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

That's a laugh GC - he lives in our "rent out" house but not seen a penny of it for years - comes to Goa for Xmas and NY etc for about 6 weeks at our expense but at least we get free internet in the UK
I know the feeling,we have a son just like yours never got any money always on borrow.He has only just moved out and we are still paying his bills,rent and credit card,Bless him:curse::curse:Oh! !! and paying for his holidaysBut he just drop in occasionally to fix my computer problems and get fed
Old May 8th 2009, 8:02 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
noni,
your link took me to some dreadful rag obsessed by the Beckhams, but looking further this seems to be about Trinidad & Tobago, and something called the Trinity Cross - a name which could quite reasonably upset non-christians.

... or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
... or has the Daily Mail blown up a non-story out of all proportion?

AndyD 8-)#
No.10 under to-day headlines, in the mail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.