Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:39 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by johnny five
Rest assured, its a load of Hog-wash.

I watched pig behaviour here once, in an area that still survived on pig-toilets, put you off bacon butties, innit?

said by a Goan official, so it must be true?
Now I know why gammon joints were half price in Sommerfield - the family will think I am wanting to kill them.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:51 pm
Banned

bagaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In Today's Times of India

Originally Posted by hemingway
Have a look at this link:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...ow/4452675.cms

Here's an extract:

According to the description provided by the security guard, the burglars were dark skinned, aged between 30 and 35 years and were wearing shorts. "We have launched a manhunt for the accused. We are hopeful of a breakthrough soon," PSI Sudesh Velip of Colva police station told TOI.

An offence under sections 457 (house breaking by night) and 395 (dacoity) of the Indian Penal Code have been registered against the accused.

celess: a man hunt launched to find 8 unidentified 30 to 35 year old dark skinned males in India - that must narrow it down to a hundred million or so potential suspects!

An offence has been 'registered' against the accused - BUT, they don't know who the accused are. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Regards

Hemingway.
Hemingway -- Is it any wonder , with the attitude that you display , in your post , which I am reading , Hemingtwat - Indian Law , is a legacy left by the British , and has not been changed , to my knowledge , I wonder about your level of comprehension , I once had to register a complaint with the British police , and without hesitation , once they had taken my complaint , they " registered " my complaint , and went looking for the guilty parties , Hemingway , they were unknown to me , never mind the police who came to aid me , === Why do you always take the mick out of India , at every opportunity --- It is not nice Hemingway , and , sarcasm is the lowest form of wit , not nice . Bagaboy is not happy

Last edited by noni; Apr 30th 2009 at 7:55 am. Reason: Bagaboy please do not use bad language.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bagaboy
Hemingway -- Is it any wonder , with the attitude that you display , in your post , which I am reading , Hemingtwat - Indian Law , is a legacy left by the British , and has not been changed , to my knowledge , I wonder about your level of comprehension , I once had to register a complaint with the British police , and without hesitation , once they had taken my complaint , they " registered " my complaint , and went looking for the guilty parties , Hemingway , they were unknown to me , never mind the police who came to aid me , === Why do you always take the mick out of India , at every opportunity --- It is not nice Hemingway , and , sarcasm is the lowest form of wit , not nice . Bagaboy is not happy
Bagaboy, what do you think the Indian Government is for, can you really believe that after gaining freedom from British rule they did not make changes to the laws in India. We have all come across Indian police at road blocks collecting 'fines' for ignoring infringements of Indian law. Are you trying to suggest that the Indian police operate to the same standards as the British police which are normally very high?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

I can assure you Bagaboy the Indian police force work in a totally different way to any police force in the world, they are corrupt just like the government here only wanting to fill their own pockets and the law dosent come into any of their daily routines.
You buy yourself into the police force same as the government officals, so they have to take bribes to recover their expenses/loans for getting into the force and their wages are crap so thats the only way they can make money.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:48 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagaboy
This is not the first time we have had to suffer this sort of rubbish from you. Your comparisons between India and the UK are typical of someone from India who has spent many years enjoying the benefits of their adopted country and now looks at their original nation through rose-tinted glasses.
Your criticism is quite unacceptable, and your defence of India is ridiculous. The entire country is sinking into chaos, with corruption and violence ruling the roost. To make comparisons with the "system" in the UK is ludicrous.
Lets face it, you come here for a holiday, then scuttle off back to good old safe, clean England and launch your tirade from there,
Try living here long term like we do. Its damned hard work, on a daily basis.
Your insulting language to Hemingway is in contravention of forum rules, as well as common decency. Would you please apologise immediately or we will consult the Moderators on this.
Please note............no sarcasm, no insults, and hopefully no gibberish!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:29 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Your insulting language to Hemingway is in contravention of forum rules, as well as common decency. Would you please apologise immediately or we will consult the Moderators on this.
Thanks J5 - I'll give "Baga Boy" a few hours to apologise & then I'll report the post to the mods & hopefully get it removed - the word included in BB's amendment to my user name, is in my opinion 2nd only to the 'C' word in terms of how offensive it is - I've often had to deal with 'individuals like BB & without exception find that they resort to profanities & expletives purely down to their lack of basic human decency, intelligence, intellect & common sense. I've always found it best to completely ignore them, then they tend to go away sooner than if you take them on.

I could explain my humour regarding the newspaper article, but I really can't be bothered - as for BB being 'not happy' - I really couldn't care less about that either.

As for sarcasm, I like sarcasm, it's funny - "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" - "but the highest form of intelligence" - said the blind man, to his deaf wife, who wasn't really there. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Regards

Hemingway.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Bagaboy !

Indian Law v British Law .. you have got to be joking ! Ours isn't perfect I know but its no were near the Indian corruption levels.

British road driving test v Indian road driving test ?

British Lawyers V Indian lawyers ?

British child protection v Indian child protection ?

British womens rights V Indian womens rights ?

Anyone else wish to add to this list ?

Think again Bagaboy and apologise

K-C
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:42 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Bagaboy !

Indian Law v British Law .. you have got to be joking ! Ours isn't perfect I know but its no were near the Indian corruption levels.

British road driving test v Indian road driving test ?

British Lawyers V Indian lawyers ?

British child protection v Indian child protection ?

British womens rights V Indian womens rights ?

Anyone else wish to add to this list ?

Think again Bagaboy and apologise

K-C
Baga Boy an apology is in order. We all have our own opinion of Goa but please NO offensive language.
I have pm'd you.

Last edited by noni; Apr 30th 2009 at 7:54 am.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:25 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Baga Boy an apology is in order. We all have our own opinion of Goa but please NO offensive language.
I have pm'd you.
www.goanvoice.org.uk Significate drop in tourists this season!
Are you surprised - probably swine flu to blame now
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

John Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really nice

children children - things in britain are dreadful at the moment and as i a said before, if you are a bit down over there you will be suicidal over here.

interestingly, i phoned for a pension forecast the other day and she asked me if i have ever lived abroad and was i planning to in the future.

someone we know, told the hearing aid people he couldnt make an appointment for 6 months as he would be in goa and when he came back they promptly charged him as he was classed as an overseas visitor.

after all they still pay taxes in the uk and are NOT using the n.h.s. so in effect they are saving the government money but are treated like this, its despicable. ive known for 40 years the nigerians come over here to have their babys on our nhs in our hospitals and dont get charged.

kat
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:38 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

things in britain are dreadful at the moment and as i a said before, if you are a bit down over there you will be suicidal over here.
I think I'm the only one left out here at the moment, and I'm not at all depressed, because........................

I'm coming home on Monday! For two whole months! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

If you think its depressing in the UK, try living here for almost 10 months solid (1 short break for visas) and you will learn to appreciate a lot about dear(sic) old Blighty, innit?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'm the only one left out here at the moment, and I'm not at all depressed, because........................

If you think its depressing in the UK, try living here for almost 10 months solid (1 short break for visas) and you will learn to appreciate a lot about dear(sic) old Blighty, innit?
Hi J5 are you home sick hun!!!!?.I only had two weeks out there Im just back and I was home sick
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

SuckSeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am still out here, I shall be going back to the UK for a "holiday" for about 6/8weeks and to renew my visa in July. Next "holiday" will be at Xmas time for about a month.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:19 pm

Lucky you have given up drinking and smoking! the prices here are stupid.
Don't forget to bring pressies back to Goa for the new babies. Matalan have a sale on a the moment.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by noni
Lucky you have given up drinking and smoking! the prices here are stupid.
Quite so! I was planning on a little real ale during my time back in the UK, but am not so sure now. Soda water is looking a lot more affordable and I have grown to like it.

Don't forget to bring pressies back to Goa for the new babies. Matalan have a sale on a the moment.
Thought I'd bring them back an eiderdown, they would have someting in common then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.