Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old May 19th 2011, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
The fact is that with Children in Need etc, it is my choice whether or not I give money. With the aid given out by the government, it is enforced upon me as a taxpayer, and furthermore I have absolutely no say on where it goes, nor do I get to choose which causes get help.
So when I see the actual meagre percentage of the percentage that actually reaches the poor, and then see the lavish lifestyles of those politicians and charity leaders who are living a lavish lifestyle on the back of that aid money, it makes my blood boil !

Dread - x
I would agree; as I have said above that control over how money is spent is essential; along with aid should go supervision on-site. My point about individual charities was to indicate that we could be proud of the attitude of British people in helping others. It is not the same in all countries.
Old May 20th 2011, 6:21 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
I would agree; as I have said above that control over how money is spent is essential; along with aid should go supervision on-site. My point about individual charities was to indicate that we could be proud of the attitude of British people in helping others. It is not the same in all countries.
"supervison on-site" - it still would not be the needy that receive the money most of it goes into the corrupt politicians pockets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-handout.html

Last edited by noni; May 20th 2011 at 6:49 am.
Old May 20th 2011, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bipat
I would be prouder of my country if didn't cut money for the armed forces to defend themselves on the front line! giving it away when you don't have it is frivolous to say the least.

I wonder what the definition of poor is? Is it those who get on the bus at Margao, change at the back of the bus into scruffy clothes, put dirt on their faces, then go begging on the beach? Or what about the guy that gets a taxi to Cavelossim, changes into said clothes, begs all the way up to colva then gets a taxi home.

I KNOW there are genuine poor people who need help, all over the world, but their own governments are responsible cannot be spending billions on space programmes and leave the rest of the world to take responsibility for their poor.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:18 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

British bosses lazy? After Indian tycoon attacks UK work ethic his OWN bosses fail our test

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1N3BqJ3ou
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

kernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the rough

gruesome story - i wonder how true it is

http://www.oheraldo.in/news/Main%20P...ruz/48456.html

Swindon when i last looked is deff not north England - maybe to an Indian i guess (& a cornishman of course)

Ive been to Swindon many times, and i have never noticed the streets dominated by Goans, I suppose it builds a good story this way.

Sad way to end your days i thought.......Swindon of all places

Last edited by kernowpisky; May 22nd 2011 at 4:42 am.
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Anapum Kishore - from yesterday's times of india - wins prestigious scolarship

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ht-fellowships
Old May 24th 2011, 3:18 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...reign-aid.html
Old May 24th 2011, 8:34 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-India.html

Millions of female foetuses aborted in India
Sex selection of foetuses in India has led to 7.1 million fewer girls than boys up to age six, a gender gap that has widened by more than a million in a decade, according to a study published in The Lancet
Old May 24th 2011, 8:38 pm

Beaches hit by tar balls, Goa tracking rogue vessels
24 May: IANS. With a fresh wave of tar balls hitting Benaulim beach, the authorities say they are inching closer to the rogue vessels which have been releasing spent oil off Goa, a top tourism official said Tuesday… 340 words

www.goanvoice.org.uk

http://www.epaperoheraldo.in/Details...&dat=5/24/2011

Swindon Murder exposes Goa policing.

Last edited by noni; May 24th 2011 at 8:54 pm.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

kernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by noni
Beaches hit by tar balls, Goa tracking rogue vessels
24 May: IANS. With a fresh wave of tar balls hitting Benaulim beach, the authorities say they are inching closer to the rogue vessels which have been releasing spent oil off Goa, a top tourism official said Tuesday… 340 words

www.goanvoice.org.uk

http://www.epaperoheraldo.in/Details...&dat=5/24/2011

Swindon Murder exposes Goa policing.
its amazing how they manage to turn around a murder between two of their own and state they should crack down on "foreigners" in their own land. Of course the C form is the responsibility of the owner and not the renter, so i think they havent as usual thought their comments through.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:40 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kernowpisky
its amazing how they manage to turn around a murder between two of their own and state they should crack down on "foreigners" in their own land. Of course the C form is the responsibility of the owner and not the renter, so i think they havent as usual thought their comments through.
KP, where did you find this please? Whilst it doesnt surprise me in the least, I cant see it anywhere?

Old May 26th 2011, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnny five
KP, where did you find this please? Whilst it doesnt surprise me in the least, I cant see it anywhere?

Once more you are correct, it is not in this article quoted and i am muddling other editorials and letters i have read on this subject in various papers (if i can find them i will post) which mentioned the points i raised.
Old May 29th 2011, 8:20 am

http://www.ptinews.com/news/1630675_...h-goers-in-Goa

I think it is disgusting the way the Indian men come to the beach walk the beach drinking a cocktail of alcohol, then go into the sea (throwing the glass bottles into the sea) The times we have seen the lifeguards trying to make them come ashore. Also why do Indian women inside in going into the sea at Calengute in their sari's? stupid and dangerous.

p.s. most of the men in their disgusting brown undies!!!

Last edited by noni; May 29th 2011 at 8:23 am.
Old May 29th 2011, 9:00 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ord-times.html

food for thought! on another miserable Sunday!
Old May 29th 2011, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
http://www.ptinews.com/news/1630675_...h-goers-in-Goa

I think it is disgusting the way the Indian men come to the beach walk the beach drinking a cocktail of alcohol, then go into the sea (throwing the glass bottles into the sea) The times we have seen the lifeguards trying to make them come ashore. Also why do Indian women inside in going into the sea at Calengute in their sari's? stupid and dangerous.

p.s. most of the men in their disgusting brown undies!!!
The bottles, absolutely agree with you, but don't see this happening on South Goa or Karwar beaches.

The saris: to many Indian women exposing their bare limbs in public is something that they just would not do, things are changing with more freedom in films, but particularly older women would just not wear a swimming costume. (I still would not dare to wear swimming things in front of relatives, only wear beach things when we are alone). Conversly no problem with bare midriff below sari blouse!
For many though just cannot resist the lure of going into the sea.

Brown underwear: can you explain this? as I have never seen this, all rels. seem to wear white (I've seen them on the washing lines) (and they stretch because people who do the washing wring them with iron grip!! OH insists on doing his own, no washing machine in our holiday home).

Basically Noni different human beings have different habits (and that includes us)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.