Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

Wikiposts

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

ruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really nice
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

I am sorry if I have misunderstood you.

The point I wanted to make was that Aid and company donations are very different things and come from different sources. I must make it very clear that I do not in any way belittle the 15 million donation to Great Ormond Street and I certainly did not say that in my post.

I think that we perhaps do agree that corruption is a major problem in India and I only hope that enough people oppose it to make a change. I am aware of course that most Indians do not commit infanticide or murder young wives. Many activists are doing sterling work in challenging the mind set of the people that do these things, however, I am shocked that many people appear to accept it without a lot of thought.

Hope that clarifies things

Originally Posted by Bipat
Ruskin you have completely misunderstood my post. I support the letter I just suggested not using those two particular names. I am British my husband is Indian we pay taxes in the UK, we also have a home in India as you do.
Regarding the £15 million donation to Great Ormond Street you may belittle it but those such as ourselves with a grandchild who had open heart surgery in infancy (and given a normal life) for such money we give profound and grateful thanks.
As for corruption, ordinary Indians can only try but when it is from above downwards, ie from government there is not a great deal they can do. My husband's community has no dowry tradition, girl babies are equally, indeed very much, welcomed and equally educated. What do you suggest that we should do?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruskin
I am sorry if I have misunderstood you.

The point I wanted to make was that Aid and company donations are very different things and come from different sources. I must make it very clear that I do not in any way belittle the 15 million donation to Great Ormond Street and I certainly did not say that in my post.

I think that we perhaps do agree that corruption is a major problem in India and I only hope that enough people oppose it to make a change. I am aware of course that most Indians do not commit infanticide or murder young wives. Many activists are doing sterling work in challenging the mind set of the people that do these things, however, I am shocked that many people appear to accept it without a lot of thought.

Hope that clarifies things

Thank you Ruskin
The problem with corruption is that it is self perpetuating. Sometimes you have to pay the money to get something essential done, e.g. paying the person who made the careless mistakes on your property Deed money to correct it!! and countless other examples in everyday life.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

www.goanvoice.org.uk.
Online registration of property!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by old man
www.goanvoice.org.uk.
Online registration of property!!!!!!!!!
According to the Goa govt website
The GAURI software was deployed at pilot office at Mapusa on 10 th July 2008
When I tried to get my deeds registered in April 2008 there was some new computer system - you had to fill in an additional form (and maybe an extra copy of your documents - I don'r remember exactly), anyway it all seemed to be treated as a bit of a joke. It was explained to me that it allowed the information to be sent to the Mamlatdar's office to allow your Form I/XIV to be prepared automatically - only it wouldn't be!
All the rest of the registration process took the traditional form with lots of photocopying, application of photo's, notarisation, writing, signing, initialling, inky finger printing and (I believe) provision of 'chai-pani'.
Anyone know more?

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by a_f_d; Jul 14th 2010 at 11:41 pm. Reason: govt link
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:34 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Court summons #Scarletts mother.

http://oheraldo.in/news/Local%20News...her/38893.html

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/go...arrested-37743
www.goanvoice.org.uk
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d
According to the Goa govt website
When I tried to get my deeds registered in April 2008 there was some new computer system - you had to fill in an additional form (and maybe an extra copy of your documents - I don'r remember exactly), anyway it all seemed to be treated as a bit of a joke. It was explained to me that it allowed the information to be sent to the Mamlatdar's office to allow your Form I/XIV to be prepared automatically - only it wouldn't be!
All the rest of the registration process took the traditional form with lots of photocopying, application of photo's, notarisation, writing, signing, initialling, inky finger printing and (I believe) provision of 'chai-pani'.
Anyone know more?

AndyD 8-)#
We registered our Deed in December 2005. We were told then it was going on the new computer system. Buyers and sellers had to have their photos taken plus additional forms, as you say. So, is this a new new computer system?
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:59 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

www.goanvoice.org.uk:

UK Flight Tax likely to jeopardise tourism flow to India

17 Jul: TravelBiz Monitor. The UK government’s move to increase Air Passenger Duty (APD) levied on passengers flying out of UK from November 2010 is likely to affect the forthcoming inbound season in India in a big way. APD to India will increase from £50 in Economy Class to £75 and from £100 in Business Class to £150 ... the effect is likely to reduce charter flights to Goa...

Last edited by noni; Jul 17th 2010 at 5:02 am.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:22 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/6165331.cms

Latest article on River Princess
Old Jul 18th 2010, 3:10 am

FACTOR THRIFTY

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...ice-guide.html
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Indiana Jones is an unknown quantity at this point

This should bring a smile on everyones face

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/6203427.cms
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

What does this mean for buyers and sellers in goa...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppetjay
What does this mean for buyers and sellers in goa...
Probably nothing. They may not have been able to put it into Indian law but that will not stop them applying it in Goa in the same way that they have, by refusing to register sales.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:47 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Purely out of interest (as I am no longer an Expat!), I would say this clearly states that the Goan Government has been obliged to officially stop blocking registration of sales and purchases by foreign nationals who comply with the required terms and conditions. It is an acceptance that their behaviour for the past two years was illegal, as has often been said on this forum!
Will this mean that all the problems disappear overnight? Highly unlikely! There will probably be a long delaying tactic while "notifications" take place (as always Goan politicians/officials will deny all awareness of something that is common knowledge and in all the papers as they have not been "notified").
This protracted period will then probably be used to come up with a different blocking tactic, we already know it doesnt matter if its illegal as it will take at least two years for it to be declared so!
On the other hand, all might be fine from Monday morning and all property owners will get a personal invitation from Kishore to register or sell there properties along with a large cheque as compensation fror the delays and suffering incurred?

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by johnny five
Purely out of interest (as I am no longer an Expat!), I would say this clearly states that the Goan Government has been obliged to officially stop blocking registration of sales and purchases by foreign nationals who comply with the required terms and conditions. It is an acceptance that their behaviour for the past two years was illegal, as has often been said on this forum!
Will this mean that all the problems disappear overnight? Highly unlikely! There will probably be a long delaying tactic while "notifications" take place (as always Goan politicians/officials will deny all awareness of something that is common knowledge and in all the papers as they have not been "notified").
This protracted period will then probably be used to come up with a different blocking tactic, we already know it doesnt matter if its illegal as it will take at least two years for it to be declared so!
On the other hand, all might be fine from Monday morning and all property owners will get a personal invitation from Kishore to register or sell there properties along with a large cheque as compensation fror the delays and suffering incurred?

i

I WISH
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:57 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hetic-leg.html

This has made me so mad - why on earth do they take money from those injured who have risked their lives for us in Afganistan, and give to immigrants who come over here to live.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.