Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

Wikiposts

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:16 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Bipat
Just one hopefully polite question without bouncing. Why? Noni if you are fed up with the "subject" of immigration (see thread, Holiday in Goa no.13) do most of your 'newspaper' posts concern the subject?? The rest of us only respond.

The above link very much reminds me of Sir Keith Joseph's speech in 1974 "our human stock is threatened"

http://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/101830 [fo 10]

The problem of irresponsible parenthood doesn't seem to have changed much in 30+ years in spite of contraception.

When I say "bouncing" I don't mean angrily, I frespectfully mean the Bouncing Sheep, makes me feel giddy.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:20 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...e-human-rights

HOW FOREIGN CROOKS ABUSE HUMAN RIGHTS

http://www.navhindtimes.in/india-new...vice-next-year

[B]Mumbai-Goa cruise service from next year[/B]

in case you missed the Goan news
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:04 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
When I say "bouncing" I don't mean angrily, I frespectfully mean the Bouncing Sheep, makes me feel giddy.
Hit the <Esc> key once and Dolly stops bouncing.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:08 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
With the greatest of respect may I ask when you were appointed the forums authority on good manners, etiquette and protocol and by whom?
I believe I am correct in saying that Noni adds links that she feels may be of interest to members of the forum and that will provoke discussion. Incidently the name of this thread is ''Whats In Todays Newspapers'' not ''Whats In Todays Newspapers And Your Opinion Of Same''
It's so sweet of you to believe that I am such an authority. Alas, I merely report what has historically happened in other parts of the forum.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Hit the <Esc> key once and Dolly stops bouncing.
Oh! thank you
Old Sep 16th 2011, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's so sweet of you to believe that I am such an authority. Alas, I merely report what has historically happened in other parts of the forum.
Read my post again I don't think of you as an authority on anything, I was merely asking a question, one that you singuarly failed to respond to, but no matter!

I would thank you though for what I consider to be the most informative and interesting post that you have made, how to stop that bloody sheep bouncing! You have restored my faith in human kind and now I know there truely is a God.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ut-of-holidays
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/re...cating_1588012

I thought J5 might like this one!!!
Actually it's only the far end of the very long beach (The Goa end!!).
Many offenders are fishermen who have been pushed out of their homes by the Seabird project.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:32 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/re...cating_1588012

I thought J5 might like this one!!!
Actually it's only the far end of the very long beach (The Goa end!!).
Many offenders are fishermen who have been pushed out of their homes by the Seabird project.
I don't think J5 would like that beach at all - sounds a bit of a shxtty place!!

Dread - x
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I don't think J5 would like that beach at all - sounds a bit of a shxtty place!!

Dread - x
I meant the report, it would reinforce his 'sh--hole' posts.
Joking aside it occurrs on only a small area of the 3 mile beach. Also some political agenda, the mentioned Dep. Commissioner did so much to improve the beach, garbage bins, motor-cycle patrols etc. and then suddenly he was demoted and sent to a smaller place.
On the other end of the scale some awful man used to practice his golf swings where children played.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

thestar.com/travel/article/1055019--stupid-travel-complaints
Old Sep 18th 2011, 7:55 am

POLICE GO ONLINE IN DALE FARM GYPSY ROW

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...Farm-gypsy-row

Hopefully it does not turn into another riot.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:03 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I meant the report, it would reinforce his 'sh--hole' posts.
Joking aside it occurrs on only a small area of the 3 mile beach. Also some political agenda, the mentioned Dep. Commissioner did so much to improve the beach, garbage bins, motor-cycle patrols etc. and then suddenly he was demoted and sent to a smaller place.
On the other end of the scale some awful man used to practice his golf swings where children played.

I realised that -my post was a play on words

That said the beach there does sound pretty unpleasant

Dread -x
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dreadsoc

I realised that -my post was a play on words

That said the beach there does sound pretty unpleasant

Dread -x
I did realise your play on words I was just elaborating my post.
In fact it is a very beautiful beach (not just my opinion). It is known as the Tagore beach as it inspired the poet to write about it. Also mentioned by the travel writer Dervla Murphy.
Since then though has been spoilt somewhat by the building of the highway from Goa which is so near the beach.
The view from the bridge where the river Kali meets the sea and the beginning of the beach is worth seeing, maybe you could visit one day.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 2:58 am

Seven held in Birmingham anti-terror operation
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14969893

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.