Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Chill out/time pass lounge!

Chill out/time pass lounge!

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:53 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chill out/time pass lounge!

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi Noni
Lucky? Quick, pick me six numbers. A memorable day out for your daughter, she'll be able to teel her Grand kids about it.
Regards
Tony P
Is your Avatar you off to the Palace?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni

How is the Monsoon going out in India?
Have you seen the floods over here in UK on TV, it is horrendous, and getting worse. Our daughter went to Oxford to meet up with some girlfriends, for a shopping weekend and got caught up in the floods. (they had planned a good shopping spree, lovely meal and a few drinks, and a good nights sleep away from their little children). The hotel they stayed in was like a mad house, ambulances arriving with OAP'S from an old peoples home, in their wheelchairs, covered with blankets and being handed cups of tea, all totally confused to what was happening, this went on from early afternoon until 2.30 in the morning at 6.00 the old dears were banging their radiators asking to be let out of their rooms. There was a wedding reception at the hotel, and they all had to stay, as well as all the staff. The girls gave up some of their rooms and doubled up with each other, but my daughter said she thought she would wake up with a OAP in her bed. Told her not to be so rude as "your mother is one".

We were lucky on the way back from the Embassy coming down the M4 (clutching our Visa's) we had just passed Reading as the flash flooding began, and the landslide. It was a terrible journey home, but arrived safe and sound, and our new Visa's dry. We all count ourselves lucky.
Hi Noni
Lucky? Quick, pick me six numbers. A memorable day out for your daughter, she'll be able to tell her Grand kids about it.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Is your Avatar you off to the Palace?
It's my OH by the car on Constitution Hill.
Just before going in to Buck House
regards
TP
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:58 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Chappell
Hi Noni,

Still very wet here in the south, thankfully mainly raining during the night although a couple of days ago it just rained all day non stop, not very heavy just non stop, this year seems a little worse than some others I remember and certainly worse than last year. Currently nice and dry, no rain at all today. Have been watching the UK floods on TV, not very nice at all.

Regards

John
Hi John
We say India is dysfunctional, but at least they dig ditches by the side of the road. I don't know when I last saw "the old fashioned" council drain cleaner
in use. It would help if they just cleaned the drains, and left the flood barriers in the places that needed them, not take them away, and then when trying to return them get caught up in the traffic. These Council's are dysfunctional, loopy, lazy, stupid etc.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All
Found this on IM, just tickled me.

Reminds me of a story . . . was living in Varanasi for six months in '99-'00 . . . had painted a watercolor for a friend of mine . . . wanted it to arrive un-spindled/-bent/-mutilated . . . wrote on the front of the package, "Fragile! Do Not Bend!" . . . took it in the post office near Asi Ghat . . . post master looked at the package and handed it back to me . . . I asked why . . . he said, "Here we bend."
You wouldn't get that sort of honesty in UK
TP
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:38 pm
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Chill out/time pass lounge!

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi All
Found this on IM, just tickled me.

Reminds me of a story . . . was living in Varanasi for six months in '99-'00 . . . had painted a watercolor for a friend of mine . . . wanted it to arrive un-spindled/-bent/-mutilated . . . wrote on the front of the package, "Fragile! Do Not Bend!" . . . took it in the post office near Asi Ghat . . . post master looked at the package and handed it back to me . . . I asked why . . . he said, "Here we bend."
You wouldn't get that sort of honesty in UK
TP
What a great story Tony! It reminds me why i have such a strong love/hate relationship with India! And however hit and miss the Indian post service can be (especially in Bihar), i've had alot more things 'disapear' with Royal:curse: Mail tbh!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi TDK and Everyone,
This thread is like a breath of fresh air.
Love the Link.
Anyway i came across this 'download free avatar' site the other night and you could spend an hour or two browsing. Some cool pics.

http://avatars.jurko.net/

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy,
How to get a avatar onto this website from the one above -
NontechniNoni
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Cariad7 will become famous soon enoughCariad7 will become famous soon enough

Hi Remy,
NontechniNoni
Have any of you bought genuine disney DVD that don't work in this country. Have you any idea if there is a code to make them work on UK DVD's
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough

Hi Cariad7,

You need to select "All Regions" on your DVD Player Options Menu if you can, otherwise it will only play Genuine DVD's of the region it is set to, most DVD Manufacturers now supply a code to allow the user to set it to All Regions. If you don't have the code, look on the net for the make and model to see if the code is available. Hope this helps

Regards

John
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John Chappell
Hi Cariad7,

You need to select "All Regions" on your DVD Player Options Menu if you can, otherwise it will only play Genuine DVD's of the region it is set to, most DVD Manufacturers now supply a code to allow the user to set it to All Regions. If you don't have the code, look on the net for the make and model to see if the code is available. Hope this helps

Regards

John
Thanks John, will get the kids to have a look at the DVD player.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Remy,
NontechniNoni

Hullo NontechniNoni, can't help you with the avatar website, but must say the new Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect cream has done you the world of good. A great improvement.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi Remy,
NontechniNoni
Hi Noni, or should i say 'NontechNoni twoyears'

Just right click on the avatar of your choice , then click 'save picture as' , then just save it in 'my pictures'. When you go in to change your avatar you can upload it from your 'my pictures' where you saved it.

Sounds complicated but it isnt. Remember right click on your mouse and take it from there.

Wont be online too much this week as my accounts have to be with the accountant by the weekend and they are a complete mess at the moment.:curse:

AHHHHHH, I hate paperwork.:curse:

Love to all,
Remy.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jul 24th 2007 at 8:07 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:08 pm

Hi Noni, or should i say 'NontechNoni twoyears'

Just right click on the avatar of your choice , then click 'save picture as' , then just save it in 'my pictures'. When you go in to change your avatar you can upload it from your 'my pictures' where you saved it.

Sounds complicated but it isnt. Remember right click on your mouse and take it from there.

Wont be online too much this week as my accounts have to be with the accountant by the weekend and they are a complete mess at the moment.:curse:

AHHHHHH, I hate paperwork.:curse:

Love to all,
Remy.
Thanks Remy, will try tomorrow. Good luck doing the accounts, thank God those days are over - retirement is good in that sense - never easy running your own business.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Thanks Remy, will try tomorrow. Good luck doing the accounts, thank God those days are over - retirement is good in that sense - never easy running your own business.
Thanks Noni,

I always put my bookwork off to the last minute. Company Return is already late so will be penalised anyhow.:curse: Ah well could be worse, life goes on, and all that.

Hope the avatar thing works for you tomorrow,
Goodnight and Godbless,

Remy.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:38 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Chill out/time pass lounge!

Thanks Noni,

I always put my bookwork off to the last minute. Company Return is already late so will be penalised anyhow.:curse: Ah well could be worse, life goes on, and all that.

Hope the avatar thing works for you tomorrow,
Goodnight and Godbless,

Remy.
Hi Remy and i'm glad to hear that you haven't been taken hostage by the Aye Ayes!

Good luck with your tax return, and i know what a mind numbing pain in the a** they are as have just recently done mine, and praying it will be ok!

May the force be with you and all the best - TDK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.