Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Chill out/time pass lounge!

Wikiposts

Chill out/time pass lounge!

Old Jul 21st 2007, 6:09 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Tales From The Palace

Originally Posted by noni
Enjoyed the Michael Palin's Himalayas, and all his other series. Bet he really didn't stay in those grotty places.

If it wasn't Douglas's birthday we would have to slap his wrists he is on the wrong thread, this is fun douglas, fun, romantic and fluffy, anyway what has happened to Tony P.? Perhaps the corgis have got him.
Quite right Noni, this thread should be a safe haven of fluffiness, trivia and fun, but we can make a special allowance for the Birthday boy (once a year atleast)!

Glad you also enjoyed 'Himalayas' by Michael Palin and yes what happened to Sir TP? (i've got the Sun holding tomorrow's front page so need to find out soon)!
Old Jul 21st 2007, 6:33 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tales From The Palace

Originally Posted by TDK
Quite right Noni, this thread should be a safe haven of fluffiness, trivia and fun, but we can make a special allowance for the Birthday boy (once a year atleast)!

Glad you also enjoyed 'Himalayas' by Michael Palin and yes what happened to Sir TP? (i've got the Sun holding tomorrow's front page so need to find out soon)!
May be the News of the World - and cash (rupees) for Honours
Old Jul 21st 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice
Default Re: Chill out/time pass lounge!

Did anyone watch the programme on the Bombay Railway last week?
Old Jul 21st 2007, 10:47 pm
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Chill out/time pass lounge!

Originally Posted by catpat123
Did anyone watch the programme on the Bombay Railway last week?
No i meant to watch it but i missed it, was it good? I have been watching the 'Indian School' programmes (set in Pune) on freeview channel BBC4 i think (and most of the Indian students seem to be in another league from most British kids i come accross of their age - more like child prodogies)!

I also really enjoyed the documentary, The Last Days of the Raj which was on recently, which was a real eye opener about the politics behind the dissasterous partition etc.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TDK
No i meant to watch it but i missed it, was it good? I have been watching the 'Indian School' programmes (set in Pune) on freeview channel BBC4 i think (and most of the Indian students seem to be in another league from most British kids i come accross of their age - more like child prodogies)!

I also really enjoyed the documentary, The Last Days of the Raj which was on recently, which was a real eye opener about the politics behind the dissasterous partition etc.
It was really interesting. I think it's being repeated again next Sunday but all the TV guides I've seen only go up to Saturday so far. I think it's amazing that they transport 6 million people a day so cheaply and in trains that have seen better days. I think it puts our railway system to shame.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:39 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

Post Re: Chill out/time pass lounge!

Originally Posted by catpat123
It was really interesting. I think it's being repeated again next Sunday but all the TV guides I've seen only go up to Saturday so far. I think it's amazing that they transport 6 million people a day so cheaply and in trains that have seen better days. I think it puts our railway system to shame.
Thanks Catpat and i'll look out for it next Sunday and yes it is truly amazing how the trains (and buses for that matter) in India just seem to keep on going considering the strain theyr'e constantly under! Having said that i was once on a bus on a windy Himalayan road when the wheel fell off! But luckily it didn't go off the edge of the cliff! I did have an uneasy feeling before getting on it so just as well i prayed hard 1st!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
I have tried to give Karma points, but am being told *spread them around*
I think the BE site has been taken over by the Goan MI5 and is suitably dysfunctional.

You would not believe the sense of relief having a two year visa, anything can happen in two years good karma or bad. So onwards we go, with Douglas' bible in one hand, and a bottle of 'noff in the other, in case I bump into Remy .
Hi Noni
Karma is to be spread around, you must give it to several other people, before you can go back and give it to the first person again. I am sure one of the MODS could explain better than I.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Found this on another thread, you might enjoy
Strange but true

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that's more like it!)
The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
(O.M.G.!)
A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)
A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)

(I'm still not over the pig.)
Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour
(Don't try this at home, maybe at work)
The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
(Honey, I'm home. What the...?!)
The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes..lucky pig! Can you imagine?)
The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)
Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)
Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)
The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.(Hmmmmmm......)
Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)
Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
(Okay, so that would be a good thing)
A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)
An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)
Starfish have no brains.
(I know some people like that too.)
Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer)
Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(What about that pig??)

One has to smile (Oink)
TP
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TONY P
Found this on another thread, you might enjoy
Strange but true

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that's more like it!)
The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
(O.M.G.!)
A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)
A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)

(I'm still not over the pig.)
Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour
(Don't try this at home, maybe at work)
The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
(Honey, I'm home. What the...?!)
The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes..lucky pig! Can you imagine?)
The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)
Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)
Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)
The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.(Hmmmmmm......)
Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)
(Okay, so that would be a good thing)
A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)
An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)
Starfish have no brains.
(I know some people like that too.)
Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer)
Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(What about that pig??)

One has to smile (Oink)
TP

Hi Tony,

Thats why indian elephants have springs fitted to the bottom of their feet.

So they can jump up high into the trees and make love to the monkeys!

Whats the sound monkeys hate most?

BOING - BOING - BOING
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Douglas M

Hi Tony,

Thats why indian elephants have springs fitted to the bottom of their feet.

So they can jump up high into the trees and make love to the monkeys!

Whats the sound monkeys hate most?

BOING - BOING - BOING
Hi Douglas

Would love to see that.
TP
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

QUOTE From TonyP
Apparently the Romans blame the Greeks for bureaucracy, I think they blame the Egyptians, who apparently got it from a nation in the Indus Valley, so it looks as if the blame for all this is heading back in India's direction.
Amazing how things go round.

I saw the above from a post by TonyP and it reminded me of something similar.

The Difference Between European Heaven & European Hell

In European Heaven
The French are the cooks
The British are the police
The Germans are the Engineers
The Italians are the Lovers
And the Swiss Organise it all

In European Hell
The British are the Cooks
The Germans are the Police
The French are the Engineers
The Swiss are the Lovers
And the Italians Organise it all

Regards to all, no offence intended to our European cousins ha ha

John
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi Douglas

Would love to see that.
TP
Hi Tony,

Havnt seen it with my own eyes, but Ganesh could be the product of such a union?

regards
douglas
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Tony,

Havnt seen it with my own eyes, but Ganesh could be the product of such a union?

regards
douglas
Oh God do they have Unions in India? No wonder things are that bad.
regards
Tony P

Last edited by TONY P; Jul 23rd 2007 at 1:45 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:44 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Chappell
Hi All,

QUOTE From TonyP
Apparently the Romans blame the Greeks for bureaucracy, I think they blame the Egyptians, who apparently got it from a nation in the Indus Valley, so it looks as if the blame for all this is heading back in India's direction.
Amazing how things go round.

I saw the above from a post by TonyP and it reminded me of something similar.

The Difference Between European Heaven & European Hell

In European Heaven
The French are the cooks
The British are the police
The Germans are the Engineers
The Italians are the Lovers
And the Swiss Organise it all

In European Hell
The British are the Cooks
The Germans are the Police
The French are the Engineers
The Swiss are the Lovers
And the Italians Organise it all

Regards to all, no offence intended to our European cousins ha ha

John

How is the Monsoon going out in India?
Have you seen the floods over here in UK on TV, it is horrendous, and getting worse. Our daughter went to Oxford to meet up with some girlfriends, for a shopping weekend and got caught up in the floods. (they had planned a good shopping spree, lovely meal and a few drinks, and a good nights sleep away from their little children). The hotel they stayed in was like a mad house, ambulances arriving with OAP'S from an old peoples home, in their wheelchairs, covered with blankets and being handed cups of tea, all totally confused to what was happening, this went on from early afternoon until 2.30 in the morning at 6.00 the old dears were banging their radiators asking to be let out of their rooms. There was a wedding reception at the hotel, and they all had to stay, as well as all the staff. The girls gave up some of their rooms and doubled up with each other, but my daughter said she thought she would wake up with a OAP in her bed. Told her not to be so rude as "your mother is one".

We were lucky on the way back from the Embassy coming down the M4 (clutching our Visa's) we had just passed Reading as the flash flooding began, and the landslide. It was a terrible journey home, but arrived safe and sound, and our new Visa's dry. We all count ourselves lucky.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough

Hi Noni,

Still very wet here in the south, thankfully mainly raining during the night although a couple of days ago it just rained all day non stop, not very heavy just non stop, this year seems a little worse than some others I remember and certainly worse than last year. Currently nice and dry, no rain at all today. Have been watching the UK floods on TV, not very nice at all.

Regards

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.