Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Visiting Cologne, Germany

Visiting Cologne, Germany

Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Cologne, Germany

Hop on a Rhine boat in Koeln and hop off in Mainz. I'll show you around here after I've done the Normandy thing. You can go back to Koeln by train to get your car back.

(No, I'm not stalking you, honest )
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:06 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
I did manage to hit on the Link (SNIP) posted by you or MartinH (you I think) before the Link was deleted ... ...

It looks to be an interesting sight and I'll certainly give it attention.

-M-

---
I sent you a link to more info by PM to avoid the Nazi-Moderators . Enjoy your trip to Cologne. It's a great place to visit.

Gina
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:04 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I sent you a link to more info by PM to avoid the Nazi-Moderators . Enjoy your trip to Cologne. It's a great place to visit.

Gina
There is no need for creche language here thanks, try communicating as an adult.
If you read the thread, they are moaning cos there is no Germany Forum.
The link was deleted because it was sending them to another forum instead of giving them info on here, that is hardly the way to get a sub forum established is it ?

PS happy birthday. ;-)

If you have a problem with the moderators contact me by PM or admin, as per rule 14.

Last edited by jdr; Sep 17th 2008 at 11:07 am.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:04 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hop on a Rhine boat in Koeln and hop off in Mainz. I'll show you around here after I've done the Normandy thing. You can go back to Koeln by train to get your car back.

(No, I'm not stalking you, honest )
I believe you - honest! ...

And thanks for your input... All's noted.

Originally posted by GinaUK: I sent you a link to more info by PM to avoid the Nazi-Moderators . Enjoy your trip to Cologne. It's a great place to visit.

Gina
Thanks Gina, appreciated ... .... I'll retain the Link for reference.

---
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:13 am
Banned

The Wanderer will become famous soon enoughThe Wanderer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
There is no need for creche language here thanks, try communicating as an adult.
If you read the thread, they are moaning cos there is no Germany Forum.
The link was deleted because it was sending them to another forum instead of giving them info on here, that is hardly the way to get a sub forum established is it ?

PS happy birthday. ;-)

If you have a problem with the moderators contact me by PM or admin, as per rule 14.
I think you will find if you read the whole thread that the Op is asking about tips for visiting Cologne lets keep it on topic shall we

if you want to talk about no German forum then go to this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559465
(sorry is this link allowed? if not please remove)
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Wanderer
I think you will find if you read the whole thread that the Op is asking about tips for visiting Cologne lets keep it on topic shall we

if you want to talk about no German forum then go to this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559465
(sorry is this link allowed? if not please remove)
What I reply to other peoples posts is in fact nothing to do with you.
If you care to look back on this thread you will find it was yourself that took it off track.
I advise you to have a read of the site rules, rule 14 in particular and refrain from discussions about moderator or administrator actions on the threads.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:41 pm
Banned

The Wanderer will become famous soon enoughThe Wanderer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
What I reply to other peoples posts is in fact nothing to do with you.
If you care to look back on this thread you will find it was yourself that took it off track.
I advise you to have a read of the site rules, rule 14 in particular and refrain from discussions about moderator or administrator actions on the threads.
oh yea I just have reread the thread again
so my post was the second one to be deleted so its all my fault
that's OK I can live with it
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

Bruhl is a nice place to go for the day, there is a house / castle there which is lovely to wander around
if you can drive further then you can drive or take a boat down the Rhine. we visited Cocham which is a lovely little town but a few hours away.
Aachen is also a nice place to visit (especially if you're into churches apparently)
In Cologne itself it's all about taking a walk through the town seeing the cathedral, the squares, the rhine and the old town.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

glemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I lived in KOELN,1998- 2002. Its great , how long do you intend to spend there?
Octobers a bit of a loss as alot of things will be unavailable, i.e. the cable car across the Rheine (near the Rheine Bridge).
But still there are heaps to do . Check the websites out,,,,.....

PS I stay away from these sites because of all the politics. The US site is MUCH MUCH worse.
Please peeps stay REAL.

VIELEN DANK IM VORAUS.............
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

notathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, once you get to Cologne, go to the tourist office in the Kardinal-Höffner-Platz 1. Here you can get lots of information on sightseeing and book tours down the Rhine. Near Cologne is the Brühl Augustenberg Palace, really worth seeing. The Rhine-Erft (rivers) area is rich in castles and manors. You could also pop to Bonn where amongst other things Beethovens birthplace can be visited. Dont forget to try the wine!