Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Ok so Why no Germany fourm now

Ok so Why no Germany fourm now

Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:11 pm
Banned

The Wanderer will become famous soon enoughThe Wanderer will become famous soon enough
Default Ok so Why no Germany fourm now

Ok following on from the other thread why no forum for Bulgaria !!!
So why is there none for Germany as you can't really miss it if you look at Europe
but you have one for the Netherlands where if you blink when driving though it you will miss it
but i also notice that a lot off posts from people asking for help about germay when they are directed to another forum that post is deleted
Ok so it breaks the forum rules I now know this
Wouldn't it not make sense to make a sub section for Germany then and maybe another one for the Scandinavian country's too

I do hope this post is not deleted and left open for debate as that's what forums are for
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok so Why no Germany fourm now

Originally Posted by The Wanderer
Ok following on from the other thread why no forum for Bulgaria !!!
So why is there none for Germany as you can't really miss it if you look at Europe
but you have one for the Netherlands where if you blink when driving though it you will miss it
but i also notice that a lot off posts from people asking for help about germay when they are directed to another forum that post is deleted
Ok so it breaks the forum rules I now know this
Wouldn't it not make sense to make a sub section for Germany then and maybe another one for the Scandinavian country's too

I do hope this post is not deleted and left open for debate as that's what forums are for
Supply and demand I am afraid. ;-))
Go back ten pages and see how many threads there are re Germany.
Then go back ten pages on any of the other forums, I think the results speak for themselves.
I am sure if there were enough threads for Germany then admin would include a new forum, but till then it will be in the rest of Europe.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:28 pm
Banned

The Wanderer will become famous soon enoughThe Wanderer will become famous soon enough

but if there is no info here on Germany then they will go elsewhere so stop editing the posts
So if the Mods stop editing posts then the info will stay on here or all to see
thus generating more interest in Germany on this forum
but I'm sure you know that as this is my 5 post now on this forum where my others have disappeared
and yes i know why they where deleted because i mention a rival forum that might take people away from this forum
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

but if there is no info here on Germany then they will go elsewhere so stop editing the posts
So if the Mods stop editing posts then the info will stay on here or all to see
thus generating more interest in Germany on this forum
but I'm sure you know that as this is my 5 post now on this forum where my others have disappeared
and yes i know why they where deleted because i mention a rival forum that might take people away from this forum
So why don`t you just read the info on the other site and then you can tell the newbies on here instead of poaching our members. ;-)
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:27 pm
Banned

maybe there is a need for a forum here try it you never know it might work
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

As jdr has already stated this forum is an organic forum. In other words it grows with the needs of its members. Currently we don't get enough interest to warrant Germany having it's own forum. An empty sub-forum just doesn't' help anyone, however, it we get more posts on the subject then we can look at starting a new forum specifically for Germany.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
As jdr has already stated this forum is an organic forum. In other words it grows with the needs of its members. Currently we don't get enough interest to warrant Germany having it's own forum. An empty sub-forum just doesn't' help anyone, however, it we get more posts on the subject then we can look at starting a new forum specifically for Germany.
But in the meantime you won't allow people to provide links to places where they can get good, detailed information? Your forum, your rules but you allow links to everything else so why not links to other forums? Just seems strange that all.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
But in the meantime you won't allow people to provide links to places where they can get good, detailed information? Your forum, your rules but you allow links to everything else so why not links to other forums? Just seems strange that all.
I dont understand why you think it is strange?

So ..... the best way to build up a forum is to re direct everyone that comes on here somewhere else?

All the forum sections have built up on here in the same way, I think Cyprus being the last.

The forum doesn't allow links to everywhere else, if you look through the rules you can see where and when links are allowed
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:23 am
Banned

I'm pretty new here but is it me that most if not all the Mod and Admins here are based in Spain?
that tells me a lot
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:06 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty new here but is it me that most if not all the Mod and Admins here are based in Spain?
that tells me a lot
Sorry I'm missing your point.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:08 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by MartinH
I don't go on other forums posting links all over the place to BE, is it too much to ask to expect the same courtesey? I think you'll find the majority of forums out there have the same policy.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

that tells me a lot
This is a world wide 24/7 forum owned and run from the USA, with mods from all over the world.
There are 3 mods in the Europe section, two of us live in Spain and one in France.
With regards to your quoted post do you have a problem with Spain or the Expats that live there then ?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

that tells me a lot
Well .... out of the 24 Mods on this forum, 2 live in Spain
Does than put it into perspective for you?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue
So how come if i do a search with the word "Germany" on here I get nearly a 1000 post come up
and I get the same amount off posts when I search for the word "German"

Strange that
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

So how come if i do a search with the word "Germany" on here I get nearly a 1000 post come up
and I get the same amount off posts when I search for the word "German"

Strange that
It`s even stranger if you read the posts, as you will find most are nothing to do with Germany ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.