Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Visiting Cologne, Germany

Visiting Cologne, Germany

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:11 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visiting Cologne, Germany

Can anyone tell me of their experience of visiting Cologne, Germany?

My Texan OH and I are thinking of travelling to this Rhine city by car from the UK in October this year, being her first visit to Germany. Are there are any places of interest close to Cologne as an added attraction?

Thanks

---
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visiting Cologne, Germany

.......and what precisely is wrong with providing a link to a forum?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
Can anyone tell me of their experience of visiting Cologne, Germany?

My Texan OH and I are thinking of travelling to this Rhine city by car from the UK in October this year, being her first visit to Germany. Are there are any places of interest close to Cologne as an added attraction?

Thanks

---
Plenty of fantastic historical buildings, including a beautiful cathedral. The river Rhine is an amazing sight too, try contacting the local tourist board for maps to find the best castles along the river
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:38 pm
Banned

The Wanderer will become famous soon enoughThe Wanderer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MartinH
.......and what precisely is wrong with providing a link to a forum?
they don't like it see my other post this place is worse than the forum you quoted I think
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Wanderer
they don't like it see my other post this place is worse than the forum you quoted I think
It is really not the done thing is it, just posting a link to another forum.
The question was asked here by a long term member, so give them the info they want here, or if you don`t have it then let them wait for another member to reply to their question.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:32 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

I did manage to hit on the Link (SNIP) posted by you or MartinH (you I think) before the Link was deleted ... ...

It looks to be an interesting sight and I'll certainly give it attention.

-M-

---

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Sep 6th 2008 at 8:57 am.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:00 pm
In yonder hills

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Plenty of fantastic historical buildings, including a beautiful cathedral. The river Rhine is an amazing sight too, try contacting the local tourist board for maps to find the best castles along the river
Thank you Pollyana... appreciated. A Rhine cruise to see lots of castles would be an exciting treat for my Texan OH who absolutely loves European history, especially castles ...

---

Last edited by britex01; Sep 5th 2008 at 11:22 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
It is really not the done thing is it, just posting a link to another forum.
Well whatever....its your ball.

To be honest you don't have a Germany forum and the answers that person will get here will be superficial at best. The other forum is specifically dedicated to Germany. Not rocket science.

As I say.....its your ball so do whatever you like
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
Well whatever....its your ball.

To be honest you don't have a Germany forum and the answers that person will get here will be superficial at best. The other forum is specifically dedicated to Germany. Not rocket science.

As I say.....its your ball so do whatever you like
Well if you kept the thread on topic we might get somewhere!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:20 pm
Banned

The Wanderer will become famous soon enoughThe Wanderer will become famous soon enough

I did manage to hit on the Link (SNIP) posted by you or MartinH (you I think) before the Link was deleted ... ...

It looks to be an interesting sight and I'll certainly give it attention.

-M-

---

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Sep 6th 2008 at 8:57 am.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:29 pm
In yonder hills

.... Btw, I see you're a newcomer to BE... Welcome to the madhouse... ...

---
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:02 pm
Banned

.... Btw, I see you're a newcomer to BE... Welcome to the madhouse... ...

---
Mad house is right most off my posts and a thread i started are now locked or deleted
all because I don't conform to what the mods want from me
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Mad house is right most off my posts and a thread i started are now locked or deleted
If you abide by the site rules you will have no problems.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
If you abide by the site rules you will have no problems.
Here, here.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:21 pm
In yonder hills

I'm sure you'll figure things out all in good time.... ... Accept there might be a few bumps an' scrapes in the early days. Better still, 'play it safe' till you get the hang of things here....

Trust all's well in Deutschland.

---

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.