S.U.Z.

Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.U.Z.

Originally Posted by Roger O
The only place in the world (and I have visited many with nearly 1/4 century as an airliner!) which I have been where Chinese, Indians, French, British, Africans, Creoles, and other minorities live together in 99% (1% occasional bickering but nothing really "serious") racial and religious harmony and tolerance - achieved voluntarily, not by governmental suppression - is ?
"The largest group on Mauritius—about 68% of the population— is Indo-Mauritian, consisting of immigrants from India and their descendants. About 27% of the islanders are Creole (mixed European and African), 3% Sino-Mauritian, and 2% Franco-Mauritian."

Not a lot of British. We'd ruin it.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roger O
might as well turn this into another thread entirely.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;7480576Not a lot of British. We'd ruin it.[/QUOTE]
Already did - they drive on the left!!! Then there's the buses..
Last time I was on a bus - it was an old ("refurbished") Leyland single decker - same model I used to ride in back in the 50s in Torquay - and a conductor using those old ticket machines with a roll of paper and a handle on the side - turn and tear off the ticket - took me back more than a few years!!

Last edited by Roger O; Apr 14th 2009 at 7:06 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:40 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Now, where is a link Wellington to these SUZ zones? I'd be interested to read about areas of urban France with Sharia law where the police fear to tread.

On the Police Municipale... in one village I lived in during the 80s the local policeman who was at the time a Police Municipale had, until fairly recently, been called the Garde Champetre (Field Warden - fields with sheep in them that is). I remember asking someone what he was and they said he was a G.C. - what's that I asked, "a Grande Con" was the reply. I could but agree.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Now, where is a link Wellington to these SUZ zones? I'd be interested to read about areas of urban France with Sharia law where the police fear to tread.
http://i.ville.gouv.fr/divbib/doc/chercherZUS.htm
Being in France you have to search ZUS not SUZ (ONU not UNO + ADN not DNA + OTAN not NATO, etc.)
if you want to find the French source!