Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Coucou, can I come in and join y'all?

Any of you peeps in Normandy?

I've been living/working mostly in France and sometimes in the UK for the last 4 yrs or thereabouts, so I don't really know why it's taken me so long to introduce myself on here. (Don't know if I'm allowed to say this but I've experienced one or two of the 'others' and found them either too aggressive or so heavily rose-tinted as to be almost opaque, but you all seem nice )

@+
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:02 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Coucou, can I come in and join y'all?

Any of you peeps in Normandy?

I've been living/working mostly in France and sometimes in the UK for the last 4 yrs or thereabouts, so I don't really know why it's taken me so long to introduce myself on here. (Don't know if I'm allowed to say this but I've experienced one or two of the 'others' and found them either too aggressive or so heavily rose-tinted as to be almost opaque, but you all seem nice )

@+
I think KO welcomed you within a post you made. Welcome also from myself. You can see where I live. There are some wise people (not yours truly) on the French site. Lots of good information and advice, some historic you can search for. Some light banter which is good; can't be serious all the time, not least until I reach my 14th birthday (!). Friend of ours lived your way, but can't recall the village, but weather didn't suit so he moved down here. Quite a few Brits around here plus holiday homes for Brits, French etc as a popular holiday destination.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

choo-000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to france having moved here just a year ago. It's been interesting, informative, and sometimes, frustrating but thoroughly enjoyable so far. We moved to SW france to do our own 'grand design' (still to be completed) and would be interested to hear the experiences of others (good and bad) who are/have self built.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:55 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by choo-000
Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to france having moved here just a year ago. It's been interesting, informative, and sometimes, frustrating but thoroughly enjoyable so far. We moved to SW france to do our own 'grand design' (still to be completed) and would be interested to hear the experiences of others (good and bad) who are/have self built.
Welcome to the Forum
Old Jan 10th 2012, 7:33 am
Banned

Etoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by choo-000
Hello everyone,

Where in SW France are you?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

leforgais is an unknown quantity at this point

Bonjour a tout. New members just moved to France.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:41 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leforgais
Bonjour a tout. New members just moved to France.
Hi - we are a short distance from you (off 949) towards Lucon. PM if you want. And, welcome.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

HereinFrance is an unknown quantity at this point

New to the forum and moving to Toulouse at the end of Jan with husband's job, after a yr on the lovely Cote d'Azur. I'm originally from the UK and husband is Parisian. Still house hunting this coming w/end in Plaisance-du-Touch and surrounding areas either side of N124. Looking forward to moving and making some new friends and so is our teenager, but not the packing/unpacking lol.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by HereinFrance
New to the forum and moving to Toulouse at the end of Jan with husband's job, after a yr on the lovely Cote d'Azur. I'm originally from the UK and husband is Parisian. Still house hunting this coming w/end in Plaisance-du-Touch and surrounding areas either side of N124. Looking forward to moving and making some new friends and so is our teenager, but not the packing/unpacking lol.
Welcome to the Forum, If you get any issues just shout like.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

brioche is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, folks. I've already been posting to the BE forums since the summer, and lurking for a while before that, but since I'm living in France I thought I'd say hello here. :-)

I've been living in Paris since 2007. A lot of people contributing to this forum seem to be sensible and live miles from the capital, but I was wondering if there are many are based in Île-de-France.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by brioche
Hi, folks. I've already been posting to the BE forums since the summer, and lurking for a while before that, but since I'm living in France I thought I'd say hello here. :-)

I've been living in Paris since 2007. A lot of people contributing to this forum seem to be sensible and live miles from the capital, but I was wondering if there are many are based in Île-de-France.
Paris is like never never land around here A far away mythical place. Welcome to the section and if you get any issues give me a shout
Old Jan 17th 2012, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Ansett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Just found this site today, we are coming to France in April for 3 weeks to see where we want to live for a year. My husband would like to be around Nantes, if anyone has any information on the region it would be greatly appreciated.

We have been to France a couple of times and really like the country, we have been travelling for almost 5 years, 2 years in BC Canada, 5 months in Scotland, and 2 years in Bulgaria with time spent in a lot of other European countries.

We are travelling with our 2 dogs which we flew out from Australia with us nearly 5 years ago. They have pet passports, all their jabs, rabies etc and are 11 and 12 years old. Looking for a pet friendly place to rent for 12 months. Do you think we will have a problem renting someplace with dogs?

I have done a fair bit of research, but like all things we really have to come over for a few weeks to have a look at the area.

Thanks for any information

Cheers

Ansett
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

choo-000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Etoile de Berger
Where in SW France are you?
Hello again, sorry I forget how big France is!! I'm in the North Dordogne 15km from Nontron.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:28 pm

Welcome to the Forum

Originally Posted by Ansett
Hi everyone

Just found this site today, we are coming to France in April for 3 weeks to see where we want to live for a year. My husband would like to be around Nantes, if anyone has any information on the region it would be greatly appreciated.

We have been to France a couple of times and really like the country, we have been travelling for almost 5 years, 2 years in BC Canada, 5 months in Scotland, and 2 years in Bulgaria with time spent in a lot of other European countries.

We are travelling with our 2 dogs which we flew out from Australia with us nearly 5 years ago. They have pet passports, all their jabs, rabies etc and are 11 and 12 years old. Looking for a pet friendly place to rent for 12 months. Do you think we will have a problem renting someplace with dogs?

I have done a fair bit of research, but like all things we really have to come over for a few weeks to have a look at the area.

Thanks for any information

Cheers

Ansett
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Ansett is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Ka Ora

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.