British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/introduction-thread-somewhere-say-hi-585717/)

Ka Ora! Jan 20th 2009 11:09 am

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

With the influx of new members in the France Section of the Forum somewhere for the Newer members to say Hi and the Old ones as well.:lol:

So come on then?:blink:

Cleri Jan 20th 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hello

paulajayne Jan 20th 2009 7:20 pm

Hi and big hugs to all members both new and old :wub::wub::wub:

Ewood Jan 20th 2009 9:57 pm

Hello everyone, i'd just like to say, er.. hello :thumbup:

Cleri Jan 20th 2009 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ewood (Post 7193816)
Hello everyone, i'd just like to say, er.. hello :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

jenny and charlie Jan 21st 2009 11:26 am

Hello Everyone,
We are Jenny and Charlie Davies. We have lived permanantly in France since August 2008. We are in Auros, Gironde, not far from Bordeaux. We have bought a plot of land and are having a bungalow built as we speak. I am a retired Postwoman originating from East London and Charlie is a retired White Van delivery Man originating from Gloucester. Before we left England we were living in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex. I know we may be of the minority, but we are really enjoying our new life in France and know that we will not return to England to live. :D We brought our two retired, rescue Greyhounds with us as well.

Ewood Jan 21st 2009 11:30 am

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie (Post 7195671)
Hello Everyone,
We are Jenny and Charlie Davies. We have lived permanantly in France since August 2008. We are in Auros, Gironde, not far from Bordeaux. We have bought a plot of land and are having a bungalow built as we speak. I am a retired Postwoman originating from East London and Charlie is a retired White Van delivery Man originating from Gloucester. Before we left England we were living in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex. I know we may be of the minority, but we are really enjoying our new life in France and know that we will not return to England to live. :D We brought our two retired, rescue Greyhounds with us as well.

Hi there, where in Gloucester Charlie?

Ka Ora! Jan 21st 2009 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie (Post 7195671)
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the Forum, We are a little Southwest of Toulouse in the Foothills of the Mountains we have been here for 6 Years. The Oh and I are both ex BT from the Network Management Center in Cambridge and Martlesham Heath development Center., I lived in East Sussex before that and Wales, And the USA and six years in Germany with the Army. What can I say I like traveling to foreign shores.

Theres a friendly bunch here, Always happy to help. Don't mind em to much as they like to cause a ruckus when they can:lol:

jenny and charlie Jan 21st 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Ewood,

Charlie was born and bred in Matson near Upton St. Leonards. Whereabouts are you from ?

Jenny and Charlie.

Ewood Jan 21st 2009 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie (Post 7195792)
Hi Ewood,

Charlie was born and bred in Matson near Upton St. Leonards. Whereabouts are you from ?

Jenny and Charlie.

I live in Hardwicke, I know Gloucester very well for work reasons, (was a District Nurse ) although not a native. Daughter lives in Tredworth.

jenny and charlie Jan 21st 2009 8:23 pm

Hi Ewood,
Charlie's sister Ruth used to live in Hardwicke and his Mum lived in Tredworth before the war. Small world isn't it :D

Ewood Jan 21st 2009 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie (Post 7197591)
Hi Ewood,
Charlie's sister Ruth used to live in Hardwicke and his Mum lived in Tredworth before the war. Small world isn't it :D

Bet it's changed since Ruth lived here. Hardwicke virtually merged with Quedgeley now! Hope France is good for you, would love to be there too, but can't manage it yet! :thumbup:

jenny and charlie Jan 21st 2009 8:41 pm

I sometimes feel like we are of the minority, but I can honestly say myself and Charlie love living here and feel it is the best thing we ever did. For us there will never be any going back. It proberbly helps being retired early (I am 51 and Charlie is 54). There is no aspect of being here that we don't like. No regrets at all. :thumbsup: We brought our two Greyhounds, our Jeep and our two Harley Davidsons with us and we love it. :D

Ewood Jan 21st 2009 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie (Post 7197668)
I sometimes feel like we are of the minority, but I can honestly say myself and Charlie love living here and feel it is the best thing we ever did. For us there will never be any going back. It proberbly helps being retired early (I am 51 and Charlie is 54). There is no aspect of being here that we don't like. No regrets at all. :thumbsup: We brought our two Greyhounds, our Jeep and our two Harley Davidsons with us and we love it. :D

A Harley each! Not a biker myself, but my brother in law is a Harley owner.
Retired early too, sounds great!

Herman Jan 23rd 2009 8:29 am

Hello!
We moved to Paris a year ago. We agreed some time ago that one day we want to live in France as a few years ago we bought a ski apt in the Alps and we akways loved the country. I actually took a job with a large French company so that I could work on our grand plan of eventually securing a head office posting to France on expat terms (we previously had an expat posting to Sydney and have experienced the benefits!). After 2 years with the company I achieved that goal and we are now in France officially for 3 years. It looks like we could stay as one of the Directors of another business unit approached me last week as he wants an international team and he asked me to call him if we decide we want to stay in France. We are a yound family with a 21 month old daughter and our second, a boy, will be born in our local French hospital in May. We are still not completely decided whether we will ultimately stay in France, depends on the terms of any job I am offered and what the alternative might be in the UK. However, we do love France as much as ever, its diversity and culture, the attitudes to young children, the people we have met and the obsession with food and wine.