Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

FLASH FLOOD WARNING DOWNSTREAM FROM TOOWOOMBA/ BRISBANE FLOODING

FLASH FLOOD WARNING DOWNSTREAM FROM TOOWOOMBA/ BRISBANE FLOODING

Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:30 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLASH FLOOD WARNING DOWNSTREAM FROM TOOWOOMBA

Originally Posted by gmralston
Another danger is after high tide, when you have both the tide and swollen river flowing the same direction, to the sea, that could see boats break away from their moorings, and lots of debris, it will be that strong
Indeed, going to last for a while, they say next Friday is a flashpoint and that is without factoring in more rain ...

It may be relatively calm in my neck of the woods but I'm still packing a bag or two and backing up all the family photos ... might take a wander down to the creek for a look see too.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Took this video this morning at 09:45.

Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Any danger in Brisbane CBD? Girlfriend's work are now evacuating, partially because everyone has to move their cars. I'm a block over from them and have an important lecture at 2:30pm that I don't want to miss. High tide is 2pm.
Have collected my wife from Milton. They said all employees can go home. Coronation drive is a double nightmare.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:58 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

With apologies for being so geographically challenged, please can anybody tell me how Sherwood is doing? Got a friend there and been told it's at risk.

Ta.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

This is so frustrating, the news in the UK are broadcasting nothing other that the shooting in America and we cannot get any of the australian news channels to play on the internet. We're having to make do with the updates that you guys and on Facebook are providing (thank you so much by the way). Its difficult being so far away while this is happening.

OH mum and dads phone lines are down. We did manage to speak to his sister a little while ago and she was on the way to get her mother in law in Caboolture but that looks like it might be totally isolated now, and we cant get through to her.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Ipswich has had 70mm of rain in the last 4 hours, and the heaviest stuff (which seems to be getting even heavier) now appears to be up smack bang over Somerset & Wivenhoe dams, they must surely be getting massive inflows as the rain is slow moving and almost constant. Keeps piling in from the NE as well.

Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:18 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
With apologies for being so geographically challenged, please can anybody tell me how Sherwood is doing? Got a friend there and been told it's at risk.

Ta.
Some pics here from Sherwood S.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/g...3022068?page=3
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ta.
Don't know about Sherwood yet. Sorry.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:19 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kamie26
This is so frustrating, the news in the UK are broadcasting nothing other that the shooting in America and we cannot get any of the australian news channels to play on the internet. We're having to make do with the updates that you guys and on Facebook are providing (thank you so much by the way). Its difficult being so far away while this is happening.

OH mum and dads phone lines are down. We did manage to speak to his sister a little while ago and she was on the way to get her mother in law in Caboolture but that looks like it might be totally isolated now, and we cant get through to her.
Try YouTube - for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYUpkPTcqPY

you don't really want to know...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:21 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Ta.
I have a friend there and he isn't too worried but he is on the relatively higher ground ... will all depend on where they are situated I guess.

Sorry I can't be more specific I'm a little pre-occupied having looked at the creek backing onto our place ... much packing and backing-up photos
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Sky News showed a large number of Bris Suburbs on Flood Alert, Sherwood was among them
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. Trying to get in touch with her.

Thinking of you all. xxx
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kamie26

Sky News here reports Caboolture is now isolated, according to police.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This is terrible. Just terrible.

Stay as safe as you can everyone.
Thinking of you all over there.

BEVS
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:42 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I have a friend there and he isn't too worried but he is on the relatively higher ground ... will all depend on where they are situated I guess.

Sorry I can't be more specific I'm a little pre-occupied having looked at the creek backing onto our place ... much packing and backing-up photos
Don't reply - but the very best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.