s w a cable

Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough
Default Re: s w a cable

cheers for that steve, will do
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

chris check this out its all the details for peer.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=24
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough

Dear Chris
Thanks for that information, i will e-mail gorica within the next week and get the crack. is that 2 fees u pay $855 & $525, if so they certainly know how to make money out of us. keep in touch, if am late replying its cos am from
newcastle but work at heathrow.
cheers chris mcgow.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

dieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nice

Originally Posted by marty48
hi all you lucky sparks who have escaped the u.k

got a question for you who work abroad
do you use steel armored cable much,if at all.?
got a new tool for stripping the stuff and need to know what size market is.
what are your experiences of working with it?
grateful for all input.

cheers marty:
Marty

I work in the mining industry and swa is all we use underground - 6-70mm for LV and 240mm for HV.

cheers
DJ
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

marty48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: s w a cable

Originally Posted by dieseljocky
Marty

I work in the mining industry and swa is all we use underground - 6-70mm for LV and 240mm for HV.

cheers
DJ
thanks dieseljockey
must be tough down there? in the mines i mean!
the picture seems to be that swa is used abroad but not nearly much as here in the u.k.
got second prototype on way and couple of medium sized firms interested.
your info is much appreciated.
ps the weather here has been shit all summer.

marty
Old Sep 6th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Just reading your threads on S.W.A. I work in N.Ireland at the minute [hoping to be in Oz early next year]. I work mainly in schools, fire stations and churches, usually making off a couple of S.W.A. a week for sub-mains. I bought a S.W.A. tool in the wholesalers the other day made by Newlech or Newtech. It's a bit like the old plumbers pipe cutter. It cuts a perfect straight line through the outer P.V.C. and armoured strands making it easy to fit the gland.[ no need to hammer the shit out off the strands if they bell out using a junior]. Good bit of kit but it's only suitable for upto a 70, so the bigger ones have to be done the old way.
Also Steve o when you talk about orange flex is it a bit like HIGH-TUFF, do you use stuff in glands with it?
Also Steve o is the copex you use metal, plastic or both.
Davy.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 11:26 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davy
Just reading your threads on S.W.A. I work in N.Ireland at the minute [hoping to be in Oz early next year]. I work mainly in schools, fire stations and churches, usually making off a couple of S.W.A. a week for sub-mains. I bought a S.W.A. tool in the wholesalers the other day made by Newlech or Newtech. It's a bit like the old plumbers pipe cutter. It cuts a perfect straight line through the outer P.V.C. and armoured strands making it easy to fit the gland.[ no need to hammer the shit out off the strands if they bell out using a junior]. Good bit of kit but it's only suitable for upto a 70, so the bigger ones have to be done the old way.
Also Steve o when you talk about orange flex is it a bit like HIGH-TUFF, do you use stuff in glands with it?
Also Steve o is the copex you use metal, plastic or both
Davy.

nope its just big orange flex
glands glands "wheres the laughin me ring off avator"
they drill a hole in the distribution box and shove it in
ditto isolators, sockets etc this also applies for pvc conduit
drill a hole and shove method pionered by your true blue aussie sparkie
and the vast majority of conduit is pvc orange for underground and grey for above

regards steve
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by steve`o
and the vast majority of conduit is pvc orange for underground and grey for above

regards steve
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:58 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Iv just started a new job at the 4 water treatment plants (shit farms) round cairns basically a big overhall and pretty much triple-ing the size of them all! There is a hell of a lot of cable to go in and some pretty big stuff aswell but i have to say i aint seen any swa just the orange flex! There are loads of pumps/motors to go in but from what iv been told its all galve tray and galve conduit.
Was talking to another spark here the other day and said you can get it but its special order! lol
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:25 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o

regards steve

Steve surley you are takeing the mick here???

Now from what i have read on a few different sites about the quality of workmanship being some what, shall we say "lax" in OZ this is a big shock!!

So what they just jam the flex through a rough hole with no glands what so ever??And some of these will be 415v i presume?

Next you'll be telling me they hold the flex in place with a zip tie either side of the enclosure

No no wait do they have zip ties down there?

Do you see the Oz regs ever changing to require more suitable cables for installations in the future? i am guessing the answer is no?

Dougie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:35 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE

Steve surley you are takeing the mick here???

Now from what i have read on a few different sites about the quality of workmanship being some what, shall we say "lax" in OZ this is a big shock!!

So what they just jam the flex through a rough hole with no glands what so ever??And some of these will be 415v i presume?

Next you'll be telling me they hold the flex in place with a zip tie either side of the enclosure

No no wait do they have zip ties down there?

Do you see the Oz regs ever changing to require more suitable cables for installations in the future? i am guessing the answer is no?

Dougie
Iv been here 18 months now and what stevo says is pretty standard practice.
A lot of it boils down to guys not giving a shit about there work! Most of the work you see doesnt comply with the regulations. You can buy glands, sadles.....and so on but guys just cut corners either because they cant be botherd or to save money i guess???
I quite like the orange flex as we call it! Its nice to install, has pretty thick insulation on it as does the twin and earth, oh and the twin and earth out here if you didnt know its stranded which makes life easyer when installing it!

All i can say is dont let your standards slip when you get here and install things the way you would back home!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stu:0
Iv been here 18 months now and what stevo says is pretty standard practice.
A lot of it boils down to guys not giving a shit about there work! Most of the work you see doesnt comply with the regulations. You can buy glands, sadles.....and so on but guys just cut corners either because they cant be botherd or to save money i guess???
I quite like the orange flex as we call it! Its nice to install, has pretty thick insulation on it as does the twin and earth, oh and the twin and earth out here if you didnt know its stranded which makes life easyer when installing it!

All i can say is dont let your standards slip when you get here and install things the way you would back home!
Stick her on an RCD mate, she'll be right!!!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:33 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by jonsparx
HAHA! your learning to quick!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonsparx

Yep, the silver bullet for just about ANYTHING. How many clauses are in the Ozzie regs saying that you can do pretty much anything you like if the circuit's on an RCD. These guys are relying on the safety switch a little too much tho methinks.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails s w a  cable-pool-electrics.jpg  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andicee

Yep, the silver bullet for just about ANYTHING. How many clauses are in the Ozzie regs saying that you can do pretty much anything you like if the circuit's on an RCD. These guys are relying on the safety switch a little too much tho methinks.

Andy
one of your jobs andy ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.