s w a cable

Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: s w a cable

a double set 2 45 degree bends to take the conduit off the wall to go into a box or trunking
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

oh yeah. cheers. probably sound a bit thick but never mind!

ta.

lee.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Lee, as Stev'O said there is NO SWA here mate or Pyro if you can use T&E then your made, like Stev'O i have seen some shite work maybe thats all they have ever been used to in there so called Training.

I hate to think how some of the Aussie sparks would cope with making a SWA gland of or worse making a Pyro end of or actually straightening the Pyro without a pulley. Now that i would love to see.

Ive seen some of the pics that Stev'O posted on here they are very similar to the ones i posted here, these people have no conscience or they just dont have the pride in there work.

If you install something crap,, i can assure you it wont be half as bad as these cabbages over here.

Arthur
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Lee, as Stev'O said there is NO SWA here mate or Pyro if you can use T&E then your made, like Stev'O i have seen some shite work maybe thats all they have ever been used to in there so called Training.

I hate to think how some of the Aussie sparks would cope with making a SWA gland of or worse making a Pyro end of or actually straightening the Pyro without a pulley. Now that i would love to see.

Ive seen some of the pics that Stev'O posted on here they are very similar to the ones i posted here, these people have no conscience or they just dont have the pride in there work.

If you install something crap,, i can assure you it wont be half as bad as these cabbages over here.

Arthur
what about test certificates etc, do you have to fill out any paperwork for handovers? Is it as ball aching as filling out and keeping track of NIC certs?
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:51 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsparx
what about test certificates etc, do you have to fill out any paperwork for handovers? Is it as ball aching as filling out and keeping track of NIC certs?
thats almost as strict as the work standards
you dont have to provide the customer with any test results
just a one liner that says work complies with as 3000:2007
( aussie standards )
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/pdf/eso/t...5_template.pdf
copy of standard test sheet attached
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

in south australia you do a certificate of completion detailing exact work done but still you dont put in test results and just sign to say it complies

Andy
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

wow thats not much... thanks for the link stevo, so sparkyins a semi skilled job over there then!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jonsparx;

decent sparks are very hard to come by in Australia, unless of course your from the UK & thats a fact mate.

you must give a certificate of Electrical Safety when completing a job this goes to your customer then a copy to Energy save of the state your living in, also you keep a copy. as for work being inspected if you work on a switchboard (consumer unit here) say replacing the board then you must have it inspected, however the inspector is only interested in the board now't else.

i did two boards very recently & the inspector did NOT do any testing at all, he said have you tested at all i said Yes his reply was that will do for me.????? i rest my case.

If you can work with T&E cable you will be OK here thats all they know about Oh & orange circular (Orange Flex) but tougher.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Just to clarify....you CAN get SWA here. I've used it quite a bit for landscaping work where lights and stuff are needed out in the garden, or to get power to a power point for a rainwater tank. They look at you as if you've got two heads when you ask for it in the wholesalers.

Cleats???????????????

As Steve'o said

Glands??????

I did a job a month ago and I'd specified SWA. Had to go out to site to show the guys how to make it off.

Yep, rough as guts here chap, but loads of work and houses, if you're into domestic stuff, is easy. I don't think I'll ever chase a wall again. Just slide a tile up and slip the cable down the cavity.

Lovely.

Andy
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
thats almost as strict as the work standards
you dont have to provide the customer with any test results
just a one liner that says work complies with as 3000:2007
( aussie standards )
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/pdf/eso/t...5_template.pdf
copy of standard test sheet attached
Since I've been here, 18 months now, I've worked for four firms. NONE of them had even heard of a compliance sheet. Two weeks into my last job as a qualified technical person, the Electrical Safety Office gave us an audit. They wanted to fine the company $150 for EACH job that had been invoiced without a compliance sheet being issued. I managed to convince them that I was getting their affairs in order and that we could spend the money more wisely on workplace health & safety and implementing electrically safe systems. They agreed. The fines would have been back dated and we are talking about a hell of a lot of invoices. They would have lost the company, their houses, cars and anal retentiveness otherwise.

Welcome to Oz
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

So what do most of them do if they've got to bury a cable, shurely they don't use flex?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:19 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moriarty711
So what do most of them do if they've got to bury a cable, shurely they don't use flex?
run the flex in bright orange conduit at a minimum of i think of 600mm deep
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:35 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

run the flex in bright orange conduit at a minimum of i think of 600mm deep
This ones for you stevo!!! Dont put the pipe bender away!!!

Iv jumped ship from the company i was at and taken a job as a subbie! $50 an hour, 18 month contract working at water treatment plant. All the work is to be done in traywork and wait for it..........galve conduit!!! Couldnt belive it when the guy said thats what they were using!!! Done a lot of it in the uk so im looking forward to bending a bit of pipe again!!!

So there you go steve dont be getting rid of it yet! It does exist over here!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough

no your not lee your being diplomatic

ive been a nic qualifying manager/tech person for two firms over the last 15 yrs i can honestly say that our old niccy inspector would have had a friggin stroke had he seen the shite i see day in day out
and if you ask them they will tell you that aussie sparks are the best in the world
strangly enough acording to aussie sparks
Dear Steve
Keep seeing u on this forum and u seem very helpful.
Am looking to move to gold coast next april and have an artc as an electrical mechanic.could u tell me quickest way to get queensland licence and relevant addresses to apply
cheers chris mcgow
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:10 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by chris mcgow
Dear Steve
Keep seeing u on this forum and u seem very helpful.
Am looking to move to gold coast next april and have an artc as an electrical mechanic.could u tell me quickest way to get queensland licence and relevant addresses to apply
cheers chris mcgow
the quickest way mate would be to go to peer in adelaide
you can do your licence in three weeks there, fly back to qld and start work
( you used to have to get an out of state licence changed for a qld licence under the recipical agreement but the rules were changed last august so any state licenced spark can now work in ay state )

peer.com.au only use the site for contact details as its quite shite really
when you haveyour moving date call peer ad book yourself in

regards steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.