s w a cable

Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

marty48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question s w a cable

hi all you lucky sparks who have escaped the u.k

got a question for you who work abroad
do you use steel armored cable much,if at all.?
got a new tool for stripping the stuff and need to know what size market is.
what are your experiences of working with it?
grateful for all input.

cheers marty:
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:02 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: s w a cable

Originally Posted by marty48
hi all you lucky sparks who have escaped the u.k

got a question for you who work abroad
do you use steel armored cable much,if at all.?
got a new tool for stripping the stuff and need to know what size market is.
what are your experiences of working with it?
grateful for all input.

cheers marty:
it dosnt get used in aus mate
neither does micc
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

we used a bit of swa in the factory we just did but not much call for it here and the aussie sparks cant do it lol
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

so what do you use instead? thought it would still be used in industrial applications?

lee.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

marty48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andywilson19
we used a bit of swa in the factory we just did but not much call for it here and the aussie sparks cant do it lol
thanks for that guys
what about other countries ? have you worked anywhere else?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:12 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeob77
so what do you use instead? thought it would still be used in industrial applications?

lee.
orange circular - big flex
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
orange circular - big flex
with no mechanical protection etc? can you just use like an swa ie clip to traywork, cleat direct to wall etc?
cant get my head round using a big old flex to wire up a motor etc!

lee.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:33 am
Worongary

with no mechanical protection etc? can you just use like an swa ie clip to traywork, cleat direct to wall etc?
cant get my head round using a big old flex to wire up a motor etc!

lee.
cleats ?
cleats
your average aussie spark wouldnt know what your talking about
they either tie everthing to a tray
or hide it in conduit
very very common to come across twin and gash or orange circular wired in conduit
o and sets

ha
havnt got a clue

if theres an obstacle say for example a beam in a hallway they just change to flexable conduit lash it around the beam or hang it under and go back to conduit for the straight bits
o and anotherthing the conduits all pvc
again they havnt got a clue re 20mm galv, sets, pipe vices
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

i dont do any domestic work, im a maintenance spark but also do all the installations etc in the factory (power to machines, industrial sockets, lighting etc) so i guess its all going to be a bit of a shock to me!

cheers steve o.

lee
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:18 am
Worongary

i dont do any domestic work, im a maintenance spark but also do all the installations etc in the factory (power to machines, industrial sockets, lighting etc) so i guess its all going to be a bit of a shock to me!

cheers steve o.

lee
to be honest lee its piss easy as its all pvc
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

thought so. done pvc and galv conduit etc (but can forget the galv now!). was just wondering what to expect. to be brutally honest from most of the threads i read a lot of the oz sparks seem to just do it however they want (or can be bothered!). might be unfairly generalising so appologies in advance!
was re-reading the post with the pics of some of the oz wiring standards (think it was youngy and stu who posted it). that was both hillariously funny and jaw droppingly terrible! cant wait to get out there!

thanks steve o'

lee.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:44 am
Worongary

thought so. done pvc and galv conduit etc (but can forget the galv now!). was just wondering what to expect. to be brutally honest from most of the threads i read a lot of the oz sparks seem to just do it however they want (or can be bothered!). might be unfairly generalising so appologies in advance!was re-reading the post with the pics of some of the oz wiring standards (think it was youngy and stu who posted it). that was both hillariously funny and jaw droppingly terrible! cant wait to get out there!

thanks steve o'

lee.
no your not lee your being diplomatic

ive been a nic qualifying manager/tech person for two firms over the last 15 yrs i can honestly say that our old niccy inspector would have had a friggin stroke had he seen the shite i see day in day out
and if you ask them they will tell you that aussie sparks are the best in the world
strangly enough acording to aussie sparks
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
no your not lee your being diplomatic

ive been a nic qualifying manager/tech person for two firms over the last 15 yrs i can honestly say that our old niccy inspector would have had a friggin stroke had he seen the shite i see day in day out
and if you ask them they will tell you that aussie sparks are the best in the world
strangly enough acording to aussie sparks
thought aussies were the best in the world at everything!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got told off today for putting a double set in 20mm pvc conduit and told to use flexible conduit ha ha ha it looked rubbish after i finished but thats how they wanted it
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andywilson19
I got told off today for putting a double set in 20mm pvc conduit and told to use flexible conduit ha ha ha it looked rubbish after i finished but thats how they wanted it
whats a set? probably use them all the time but been calling them something else!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.