ARTC application from UK

Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:36 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default ARTC application from UK

Hi all

We have just recieved the forms to try and apply for a ARTC from the UK. I believe that if you can get a certificate you can begin working when you get to OZ as a supervised spark? is this correct?
I have read through the form and it looks the same as an application for the TRA - am i reading it correctly.
I really appreciate that you lot will have sorted this out for yourselves but i'ld really appreciate any help.

it states application fee is 300$ AUS but underneath it states that application from Aus resident is free. do i pay nothing or 300$ AUS (and if so which is the best way to pay it?)

Also - straying off a bit - how is Cairns for working is it incredibly humid or after a few years it is possible to get used to it?

Regards
Nicky

Last edited by thewoodz; Jan 30th 2007 at 10:24 am. Reason: just thought about fee.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:44 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ARTC application from UK

Hello again you guys!

Im just on with the ARTC meself, just about done. As far as i understand if you have dont the TRA it wont cost you a penny as long as you have a OZ address to have it sent to. If you dont i think it is $100 to have it sent back to the uk.
As far as Cairns goes like i said Youngy73 is your man to get in touch with.
Stu
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:47 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thewoodz
Hi all

We have just recieved the forms to try and apply for a ARTC from the UK. I believe that if you can get a certificate you can begin working when you get to OZ as a supervised spark? is this correct?
I have read through the form and it looks the same as an application for the TRA - am i reading it correctly.
I really appreciate that you lot will have sorted this out for yourselves but i'ld really appreciate any help.

it states application fee is 300$ AUS but underneath it states that application from Aus resident is free. do i pay nothing or 300$ AUS (and if so which is the best way to pay it?)

Also - straying off a bit - how is Cairns for working is it incredibly humid or after a few years it is possible to get used to it?

Regards
Nicky

if youve been assessed for migration by the tra its free, they won`t at any cost send it to an address outside australia, do you have a freind or rellie who lives in the same state as you intend living in ??? if so use their address

next question
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:53 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
if youve been assessed for migration by the tra its free, they won`t at any cost send it to an address outside australia, do you have a freind or rellie who lives in the same state as you intend living in ??? if so use their address

next question
ooops didnt answer it all

no you cannot work straight of the plane as it were

you will need a cpr course via australian red cross or st john ambulance
( i have medic first aid and rescue diver via proffesional asociation of dive instructors which they refused to accept must be one of the ones i previoisley listed )
you will need to do a blue card course -- health and safety -- piss easy takes 4 hrs
then with your artc & cpr certs you apply to qld elctrical safty ofice where in due course ( it depends on there next meet day approx every 2 weeks )
you will be issued with a permist to train cert in iether electrical fitter or
mech ( depends on your artc outcome )

mmmm think thats it this time mate

regards steve
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:34 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

( i have medic first aid and rescue diver via proffesional asociation of dive instructors which they refused to accept must be one of the ones i previoisley listed )
you will need to do a blue card course -- health and safety -- piss easy takes 4 hrs
then with your artc & cpr certs you apply to qld elctrical safty ofice where in due course ( it depends on there next meet day approx every 2 weeks )

regards steve
well i did warn u i would start pestering you
is it worth getting the ARTC whilst in the UK? what happens if it is refused does that scupper everything or do you go down a different route when u get to OZ.

oh steve thank you in advance for your patience
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:37 pm
on the Goldie

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hello again you guys!

Im just on with the ARTC meself, just about done. As far as i understand if you have dont the TRA it wont cost you a penny as long as you have a OZ address to have it sent to. If you dont i think it is $100 to have it sent back to the uk.
As far as Cairns goes like i said Youngy73 is your man to get in touch with.
Stu
hi to you to stu.
i will try and PM Youngy73 but i must admit i have never seen him post and don't want to bother him if he is getting on with stuff.

hey steve
i may see if i can get it sent to my dad's in sydney but i don't think it will be safe as he travels a lot and rents out .
can it be kept at the ARTC offices untilo you get there?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:01 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=thewoodz;4343130]hi to you to stu.
i will try and PM Youngy73 but i must admit i have never seen him post and don't want to bother him if he is getting on with stuff.

Im sure he'l be fine with ya. Just PM him. Just dont pester him to much or he wont have time to sort me out!
Stu
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

is it worth getting the ARTC whilst in the UK? what happens if it is refused does that scupper everything or do you go down a different route when u get to OZ.

If you fail it's because there isn't enough evidence. If you get the wrong classification again it's usually down to not enough of the right information or evidence.

In the event of them not giving you an ARTC you can appeal, but it cost you.

I believe the TRA will keep hold of your certificate until you get here.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:43 am
Worongary

i would say definatley yes to applying for the artc prior to going

i sent exactly the same stuff to artc as i had set for tra so technically if they have accepted yous as a general electrician at tra stage i cannot see why or how the could refuse you your artc
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:02 am
on the Goldie

i'm here again with another...

i'm sure i read somewhere that in Qld a spark can only connect to the mains or do the wiring and not both and either depends on the classification and that the classification at TRA is not necessary the one given by ARTC.

does that make sense??
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:57 pm
Worongary

i'm here again with another...

i'm sure i read somewhere that in Qld a spark can only connect to the mains or do the wiring and not both and either depends on the classification and that the classification at TRA is not necessary the one given by ARTC.

does that make sense??
yes it does

electrical mechanic and electrical fitter

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electrical...ences/classes/

you want the mech licence mate
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:50 am
on the Goldie

yes it does

electrical mechanic and electrical fitter

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electrical...ences/classes/

you want the mech licence mate
thanks Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:30 am
Worongary

thanks Steve
wheres the pin at the moment
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:50 pm
on the Goldie

wheres the pin at the moment
quivering over the gold coast and cairns - cairns because we have had a lot of feed back from an agency up there. Gold coast because is it is becoming our fav
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:13 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

regards steve
if you come to cairns you will be able to work sraight off the plane. depends who you know. lots of dodgy stuff happens up here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.