ARTC application from UK

Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:05 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC application from UK

Gosh this really stinks.

this what amazes me about applying for TRA and being given a pass ad the having to apply for ARTC! what is the point its just a load of red tape - this is like saying they don't trust another government department!!!
the TRA pass should = ARTC pass.

Everyone i have spoke to about this say sent in the same stuff you sent for TRA, you did that and yet failed!!

I hope someone can help you on here.
There is also a thread in the media section from a journalist wanting to hear from people such as yourself.

All the best
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC application

Originally Posted by GaryY
Hi all.

Me and missus have moved to the Sunshine Coast in Qld.

I'm an electrician and I'm in abit of shock at moment, been refused ARTC after reassesment. For the first application I sent all the same stuff as I sent when applying for my tra, which classed me as ' General Electrician '. They said this was'nt enough and I under went a technical interview by phone.

This was 90% theory based ! Now I dont know about you but I'm 43 now and havn't covered theory since my apprenticeship 25 yrs ago !! I've been working as a technical operator for the last 15yrs and emphisis is on "if it an't working replace it". Needless to say didn't pass this, fair enough, but they recommended a book to refresh memory. Bought book and swotted up for a month, then applied for a reassessment. I included a statatury declaration and another letter from work back in UK, and $300 fee, refundable on pass. Received a letter this morning saying I've been turned down again !!!!!! No appeal allowed, case closed. Can only reapply if significant evidence is provided.

I've been a sparky for 25yrs, I came to Australia to work as a sparky, Australia needs sparkies. What can I do now !!!

My advice to all coming out here is do a bit of revision espcially on theory, and make sure you have enough evidence.

To you sparkies working out here, can someone please let me know what I can or have to do now to work as an electrician ? PLEASE.

Write to your local MP and see what they can do
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryY
Hi all.

Me and missus have moved to the Sunshine Coast in Qld.

I'm an electrician and I'm in abit of shock at moment, been refused ARTC after reassesment. For the first application I sent all the same stuff as I sent when applying for my tra, which classed me as ' General Electrician '. They said this was'nt enough and I under went a technical interview by phone.

This was 90% theory based ! Now I dont know about you but I'm 43 now and havn't covered theory since my apprenticeship 25 yrs ago !! I've been working as a technical operator for the last 15yrs and emphisis is on "if it an't working replace it". Needless to say didn't pass this, fair enough, but they recommended a book to refresh memory. Bought book and swotted up for a month, then applied for a reassessment. I included a statatury declaration and another letter from work back in UK, and $300 fee, refundable on pass. Received a letter this morning saying I've been turned down again !!!!!! No appeal allowed, case closed. Can only reapply if significant evidence is provided.

I've been a sparky for 25yrs, I came to Australia to work as a sparky, Australia needs sparkies. What can I do now !!!

My advice to all coming out here is do a bit of revision espcially on theory, and make sure you have enough evidence.

To you sparkies working out here, can someone please let me know what I can or have to do now to work as an electrician ? PLEASE.
hi there Gary, i've sent you a pm, let me know if you got it ok??
cheers
neil
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:01 pm
Now A UK Ozzie

GaryY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lilstewie
hi there Gary, i've sent you a pm, let me know if you got it ok??
cheers
neil
Yes pm recieved, I've pm'd back cheers

Gary
Old May 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

gareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant future

Hi all just a couple of questions about the ARTC (which is just about ready to go) application from the UK.
I've got an Oz address to get the replies etc sent to.

On the form it asks date entered australia and as I haven't yet entered to verify my PR136 I'm going to put the date as if I'm already there, or should I put it as the date I intend to arrive which is in a months time?

Also do you have to get all your passport/birth certs/Education certs countersigned as in the original TRA application?

Finally I was going to leave the phone number blank but what if they phone as in some cases to ask for extra info?

Thanks in advance for any replies as with most people just trying to cover all the bases so I can work and earn those all important $'s asap when I get to Oz.

Ps heading to Perth so any contacts for job networking or more importantly weekend surf trips are warmly welcomed.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gareth99edwards
Hi all just a couple of questions about the ARTC (which is just about ready to go) application from the UK.

On the form it asks date entered australia and as I haven't yet entered to verify my PR136 I'm going to put the date as if I'm already there, or should I put it as the date I intend to arrive which is in a months time?

Also do you have to get all your passport/birth certs/Education certs countersigned as in the original TRA application?

Finally I was going to leave the phone number blank but what if they phone as in some cases to ask for extra info?

Thanks in advance for any replies as with most people just trying to cover all the bases so I can work and earn those all important $'s asap when I get to Oz.

Ps heading to Perth so any contacts for job networking or more importantly weekend surf trips are warmly welcomed.
Good questions,,,, I look forward to replies as i need to know the same... with regards to date and if it is legal.......... not bothered about surfing (yet!) xx S-j
Old May 14th 2007, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gareth99edwards

I'd put a future date of a few weeks time.

Yes everything needs to be signed

Leave it blank, maybe put your e-mail address down so they can contact you, if they need to.

Finally good luck
Old May 15th 2007, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

gareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant futuregareth99edwards has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'd put a future date of a few weeks time.

Yes everything needs to be signed

Leave it blank, maybe put your e-mail address down so they can contact you, if they need to.

Finally good luck
Thanks Wendy should have it in the post by the end of the week now
Old May 20th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Theweekshousehold is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
ooops didnt answer it all

no you cannot work straight of the plane as it were

you will need a cpr course via australian red cross or st john ambulance
( i have medic first aid and rescue diver via proffesional asociation of dive instructors which they refused to accept must be one of the ones i previoisley listed )
you will need to do a blue card course -- health and safety -- piss easy takes 4 hrs
then with your artc & cpr certs you apply to qld elctrical safty ofice where in due course ( it depends on there next meet day approx every 2 weeks )
you will be issued with a permist to train cert in iether electrical fitter or
mech ( depends on your artc outcome )

mmmm think thats it this time mate

regards steve
Hi Steve

We have just passed our medicals so things are speeding up.

Can we download the ARTC form or do you have to have one sent to you by post. We plan to move to Brisbane area and have friends in NSW can we use their address if it needs to be posted or does it have to be in QLD.

Another question can one of the health and saftey exams be taken on line.

Look forward to hearing from you

Tim
Old May 20th 2007, 9:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theweekshousehold
Hi Steve

We have just passed our medicals so things are speeding up.

Can we download the ARTC form or do you have to have one sent to you by post. We plan to move to Brisbane area and have friends in NSW can we use their address if it needs to be posted or does it have to be in QLD.

Another question can one of the health and saftey exams be taken on line.

Look forward to hearing from you

Tim
email a request for the aplication form to be posted to you from here
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

the address only needs to be in australia so your mates etc in nsw will be ok

regarding the health & saftey -- i dont now -- though they only take 4 hours and they are run very regularly

ditto cpr course -- the loacal australian red cross or st johns

regards steve
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

quick question does cpr course haveto be done in OZ or can Si do a CPR course with st. johns in UK????? (he has already done it here with them)

ta

S-j x
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:48 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
quick question does cpr course haveto be done in OZ or can Si do a CPR course with st. johns in UK????? (he has already done it here with them)

ta

S-j x
nope has to be aussie one

dont you know that aussie hearts beat differently ????

i said that to the electrical safety office when they refused both my medic first aider course ( 4 day course ) and my rescue diver qualifications ( about 4 weeks ) but insisted i took a 4 hour aussie cpr course via stjohns or red cross which was accepted

o and by the way they dont do sarcasm iether
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve`o
nope has to be aussie one

dont you know that aussie hearts beat differently ????

i said that to the electrical safety office when they refused both my medic first aider course ( 4 day course ) and my rescue diver qualifications ( about 4 weeks ) but insisted i took a 4 hour aussie cpr course via stjohns or red cross which was accepted

o and by the way they dont do sarcasm iether

AMAZING!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,
Can anyone suggest any books so my OH can start to read up on ozzy regs etc.
Thanks Claire
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:15 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by hunt66
Hi all,
Can anyone suggest any books so my OH can start to read up on ozzy regs etc.
Thanks Claire
for a full list i need to know which state your going to
but where ever you go you will need

all the following which have the prefix as:nzs
3000:2000 wiring regs
3008: selection of cables
3017 testing and inspection
3018 domestic installations

all available via sai-global as pdf files

also get a copy of electrical wiring practise volume 2 6th edition by keith petherbridge and ian neeson

the apprentices use these books ( volume one is really basic and not required inless you a complete dummy ) and they have some good examples of VD and Max Demand equations

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Jun 7th 2007 at 8:16 am. Reason: pff files wtf is a pff file :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.